P1000 2018 P1000-5 sub trans question

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
The wifes 2018 P1000-5 grinds when you try to put it in low. I figured it was something I could fix by adjusting the shift cable that goes to the sub trans. No dice. I even unhooked the shift cable from the lever on the sub trans and tried to put it in low by rotating the lever. It still just grinds. I started digging around on here and come to find out its a common problem. Ive read a few threads here and there about it. So I guess I have to order a new shift rod and a few gears that go in the sub trans. I have a few questions: #1 Does the Pioneer 1000 repair manual have a sub trans section that shows in detail how to tear apart and put back together the sub trans? #2 Is there any threads that someone had tore their sub trans apart, taken pics of the gear change/shift rod change procedure, and put their sub trans back together? Ive read a few threads here and there. One was about someone tearing theirs apart and trying to put Talon gears back in. The other's were just about people talking about having to tear theirs apart. I read one where a guy had pics of his sub trans tore all apart on the tailgate of his truck and the pics looked super intimidating! Lol Im pretty mechanically inclined, but I dont know if I could handle all 16484527 parts that were on the back of his tailgate. This is something the wife has been nagging me to do so I need to get on it. My wish of having someone steal the P1000 hasnt come true, so I guess I gotta do it. Any info is greatly appteciated. Thanks yall!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That sucks brother, if and when you do get around to tearing it apart document it well, I'm sure it'll come in handy for somebody in here. Good luck

K

KD_Pioneer1k5

Feb 15, 2016
Wv
Did you year into this? How was it, as mine needs replaced as well. I really don't want to take to dealer but I don't k ow what's involved.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!