BOX1

P1000 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 LE Cabin Heat Issue,...Under $20.00 Fix

G

garmett

Feb 10, 2020
Evansville, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Went to Auto Zone purchased a more substantial windshield sunshade for under front seat applications...$15.00
Went to Dollar Tree purchased pool noodle $1.00
Dollar tree windshield sunshield $1.00 for wrapping around pool noodle.
Cable ties.
Installed AZ sunshade behind back seat cushion and under bench seat cushion while creating small slit for seat belts and studs for bench seat cushion. Did not trim edges, seemed to be a great fit with with small excess allowing heat to escape at front door areas.
Cut around 2” off of end of pool noodle, wrapped sunshield around pool noodle and used cable ties (used stainless) to wrap sun shield around pool noodle.
Then installed the pool noodle behind seat back in open cavity to push engine heat to the door area and away from cabin.
Seemed to work quite well, and all can be removed for cold weather riding when heat is welcomed.
SGS

CBD1953E 3445 4895 B45F AB3229E741A5 2B9247F8 5A03 4903 83D8 8372904AD21A

sek-hunter

sek-hunter

Oct 28, 2013
Nice! My problem is that my woman likes the heat? She freezes. Lol
We need a dual zone set up!
Good find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultrasonic1

Ultrasonic1

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2018
Nomadic
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice work. I like the pool noodle idea.

Reactions: Isaiah
J

Jabo64

Aug 2, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did about the same thing, except I trimmed the shield under the seat. I temporarily added a pool noodle, but plan to change to black pipe insulation with CPVC pipe inserted for stiffness. I also removed bottom windshield. This is my second day of ownership and these changes made a HUGE difference. My next step will be to add a bilge fan under seat just to make sure there is some air flow there.
76193B3D B8B9 43E1 A3E4 FF8FC5D884F9

Reactions: JenElio and TripleB
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I did about the same thing, except I trimmed the shield under the seat. I temporarily added a pool noodle, but plan to change to black pipe insulation with CPVC pipe inserted for stiffness. I also removed bottom windshield. This is my second day of ownership and these changes made a HUGE difference. My next step will be to add a bilge fan under seat just to make sure there is some air flow there.View attachment 216364
I did all that and insulated the bottom of the rear floor boards, I thought it helped at first and realized it just prolonged the time interval before the heat came pouring into the passenger seat, finally broke down and hung a 9 inch radiator fan under the middle of the seat fan blowing across the headers. no thermostat, just a switch. We welcome the heat in the winter. That's like a $ 20.00 deal.

S

Shelly

Lifetime Member
May 10, 2018
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did all that and insulated the bottom of the rear floor boards, I thought it helped at first and realized it just prolonged the time interval before the heat came pouring into the passenger seat, finally broke down and hung a 9 inch radiator fan under the middle of the seat fan blowing across the headers. no thermostat, just a switch. We welcome the heat in the winter. That's like a $ 20.00 deal.
Do you have pic of how you have the fan situated?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!