BOX1

2018 PIONEER 1000 LE

G

gunney57

Feb 22, 2020
talladega, alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I HAVE CODE 9 ON MY PIONEER 1OOO LE WITH 42 MILES ON IT. CHECK THE CODE LOOKS LIKE IT COULD BE 81 IT WILL CRANK IF YOU HOLD THE BRAKES DOWN WHEN IT START SHIFT SHOW 1FIRST GEAR.

Last edited:
Reactions: TxDoc and Isaiah
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have this same problem. What was the issue?
That dude ain't been back since July last year. If you find a solution to your problem, come back and put it on this site. It may help someone in the future. Just like if that prick would have came back and stated his solution, you would be good to go now.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That dude ain't been back since July last year. If you find a solution to your problem, come back and put it on this site. It may help someone in the future. Just like if that prick would have came back and stated his solution, you would be good to go now.
Doesn’t shock me he never came back, his anger and yelling makes me think he never solved it and traded it in.

Cadkins

Cadkins

Jun 1, 2019
OHIO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OK. So I was riding in a field the other day no issue. when into the woods made a wrong turn backed up and went on my way. never made it over 15mhp. Got to an opening and when to give her hell and rev limiter. Though it was in Manual mode. But was not. Mil light was on and it was blinking a straight line. When you shift for park to R,N,H,or L and 1 shows up. It will not display any of the letters or come out of 1st gear. I will start only when holding the brake.
It blinks 8 long and 1 short light. It is in a limp mode now. I see the code can be the 8-1 or 81. I have check voltage at the TP sensor and all checked out good. I have tried clearing codes and the code will not clear and just stays. I do have a dual battery set up with acc fuse block. Also have the reverse light wire into the reverse switch in the rear. I have ordered a 4 pin to OBD2 so I can hook up my scanner and see what is going on.

This is what shows up when you turn the key but do not start.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
OK. So I was riding in a field the other day no issue. when into the woods made a wrong turn backed up and went on my way. never made it over 15mhp. Got to an opening and when to give her hell and rev limiter. Though it was in Manual mode. But was not. Mil light was on and it was blinking a straight line. When you shift for park to R,N,H,or L and 1 shows up. It will not display any of the letters or come out of 1st gear. I will start only when holding the brake.
It blinks 8 long and 1 short light. It is in a limp mode now. I see the code can be the 8-1 or 81. I have check voltage at the TP sensor and all checked out good. I have tried clearing codes and the code will not clear and just stays. I do have a dual battery set up with acc fuse block. Also have the reverse light wire into the reverse switch in the rear. I have ordered a 4 pin to OBD2 so I can hook up my scanner and see what is going on.

This is what shows up when you turn the key but do not start.
View attachment 283756
What year, Is it an LE?
sounds to me that you took the trans out of calibration. Id try a trans relearn then see what u got. You can find that on LubeTube (for those of you in Reo Linda that's YouTube) 🤣

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Seems to have corrected a few things. Looks that u need a scanner to fix the rest? Or look in resources in the forum for the shop manual with codes to see what's going on

Cadkins

Cadkins

Jun 1, 2019
OHIO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello Fellas, So today I went out and cleaned all the ground cables and disconnected the acc fuse box and extra battery. I also disconnected my reverse light that was wired into the factory plug. reconnected all of the ground cables and cleared the codes with the dumbing plug. And now it is all working normal!!!.
No Codes. Shifts ands drives just fine. So I'm thinking it must have been a bad ground or the reverse light. So that reverse light will be getting replaced. I Have reconnected the extra battery and is still all good. 👍.
Hopefully this will help somebody else. Thanks for all the help!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
What year, Is it an LE?
sounds to me that you took the trans out of calibration. Id try a trans relearn then see what u got. You can find that on LubeTube (for those of you in Reo Linda that's YouTube) 🤣
Rio Linda…….😉

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!