BOX1

2018 PIONEER TAKEOVER - April 20 & 21 - Ride Royal Blue!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
There will prolly be a couple extra radios around. If you wait till after then you can decide on which ones to buy. I can say that it' really nice to have them even if your riding with someone on trails you know.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you guys use FRS/GMRS radios or CB's to keep in contact?

A lot are using UHF/VHF Hams on the FRS channels, power output is the only thing violating the regs but the low power radios are hard to understand and don't reach that far in wooded rocky terrain that varies 2000' in such short distances.

8w or better preferably a mobile unit.

UV-25x2 or UV-50x2 are decent budget mobile radios.

If everyone has HAM we can stay in the frequency range but use different frequencies and not overlap with other groups. Also makes it easier to send/receive with bigger gaps between front and back rigs.

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now I just need to figure out what upgrades I need to do before april. Shocks,Tires,Skid plate.
Since you said "need" instead of "want", you could eliminate everything but a skid plate, winch, and maybe tires. I say maybe on tires because the traction isn't bad with stockers but you may want to upgrade from 4ply.

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Tire recommendation are welcome. Running Mega Meham's now because ive been doing a lot of creek riding and they were a gift. Now I just want something a little less aggressive.

Reactions: Delton and DGann
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tire recommendation are welcome. Running Mega Meham's now because ive been doing a lot of creek riding and they were a gift. Now I just want something a little less aggressive.
Ive been extremely happy with my Blackwater Evos. They are 8ply and a great all around tire from gooey mud to rock climbing.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!