2018 PIONEER TAKEOVER - April 20 & 21 - Ride Royal Blue!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Lol. Looking forward to it.
Not sure who else in the Hoot Owls. I think they have 5 or 6 of that style cabin, all within spitting distance of each other. Probably be a group around one of them each night. Bring a fold up chair and join us. We'll be drinking a little beer and @Manwell's bourbon;)

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's good to hear because that's what I've had my eye on.
I've run the EVO's for a year and love them. Just put these on today to try. Probably not as good in the mud but a little better on rocks.
20170927 122144 0021

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not sure who else in the Hoot Owls. I think they have 5 or 6 of that style cabin, all within spitting distance of each other. Probably be a group around one of them each night. Bring a fold up chair and join us. We'll be drinking a little beer and @Manwell's bourbon;)

Thanks. You had me at beer..lol We will definitely bring a chair and join the group.

SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
What about power lose on my 700-4. I didn't see much if any power lose with 27 mahem's on 14s, do you think I will with the 28 black waters. less aggressive but heavier.
I lost some power with 28's and yes 28's rub with compression mid turn on 700-4 with commander shocks on 3rd pre load setting up front. I have 14" wheels with stock offset.

K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A lot are using UHF/VHF Hams on the FRS channels, power output is the only thing violating the regs but the low power radios are hard to understand and don't reach that far in wooded rocky terrain that varies 2000' in such short distances.

8w or better preferably a mobile unit.

UV-25x2 or UV-50x2 are decent budget mobile radios.

If everyone has HAM we can stay in the frequency range but use different frequencies and not overlap with other groups. Also makes it easier to send/receive with bigger gaps between front and back rigs.
How did the has compare to a cb? I doubt know anything about a ham but they seem complicated..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How did the ham compare to a cb? I doubt know anything about a ham but they seem complicated..

Takes initial set up but that is REALLY easy with a $20 USB and the free software.

You're not limited to certain freq, CB you have 30 to pick from and the standard off the self radios are limited to 5w

The HAMs will work with the the cheap FRS radios but the FRS radios/lower power HAMs are the limiter on communications range.

A cheap mobile Ham radio and good antenna can transmit and receive out 25-50 miles in good terrain 5-10 in rough terrain. So imagine what a cheap FRS will do. I had a UV-5R and couldn't be heard, and I was having a hard time hearing the UV-5R type radios this weekend, they would send enough of a signal to register but most of the time I heard no words until I got closer. whatever @joeymt33 had was better. I don't know what I sounded like on their end.

ShearerPerformance

ShearerPerformance

Vendor
Jan 26, 2017
Space Coast FL
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-3
Tire recommendation are welcome. Running Mega Meham's now because ive been doing a lot of creek riding and they were a gift. Now I just want something a little less aggressive.

I ran the same tire last year. Didn't have any problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dereklm
K

Kolton

Oct 15, 2016
Vance, al
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Takes initial set up but that is REALLY easy with a $20 USB and the free software.

You're not limited to certain freq, CB you have 30 to pick from and the standard off the self radios are limited to 5w

The HAMs will work with the the cheap FRS radios but the FRS radios/lower power HAMs are the limiter on communications range.

A cheap mobile Ham radio and good antenna can transmit and receive out 25-50 miles in good terrain 5-10 in rough terrain. So imagine what a cheap FRS will do. I had a UV-5R and couldn't be heard, and I was having a hard time hearing the UV-5R type radios this weekend, they would send enough of a signal to register but most of the time I heard no words until I got closer. whatever @joeymt33 had was better. I don't know what I sounded like on their end.
So a ham can talk to a cb also?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!