knuckledeep

knuckledeep

my trailer queen is trashy
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2015
Eustis florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So I am wondering if the dates for the 2018 takeover have been loomed at yet. Only reason I am asking is were getting married on 4-1-18 and taking a 2 week honeymoon to Hawaii. I want to make sure I can make it over to the takeover. Thanks for all you do @Hondasxs

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
So I am wondering if the dates for the 2018 takeover have been loomed at yet. Only reason I am asking is were getting married on 4-1-18 and taking a 2 week honeymoon to Hawaii. I want to make sure I can make it over to the takeover. Thanks for all you do @Hondasxs
I would venture to guess it would be after Easter and before the first week of May, similar to the dates in 2017. It has not yet been discussed, but early April was cold and wet for the 2016 takeover. Will likely try to avoid that.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

If on Big Island Kona Manta Dive, one of the coolest things I've ever done.

65f925128fc83a5cd57fb565662c82d7

truc577

truc577

Lifetime Member
May 17, 2017
NEMO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does it take place in the same location every year or does it move?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would venture to guess it would be after Easter and before the first week of May, similar to the dates in 2017. It has not yet been discussed, but early April was cold and wet for the 2016 takeover. Will likely try to avoid that.

Hi Jackal,

I asked similarly about this regarding a post you have here about riding the Paiute Trail out west. I realized after I sent it you were busy with the 2017 group event.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Does it take place in the same location every year or does it move?
@Hondasxs determines that but looking like the spring takeover may stay at Royal Blue near Pioneer, TN. We may start having them also in the fall currently hoping for Paiute Trails in Marvyale UT in Oct 2018.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hi Jackal,

I asked similarly about this regarding a post you have here about riding the Paiute Trail out west. I realized after I sent it you were busy with the 2017 group event.
I would still like to try and put this together for first week of October 2018, then later on maybe a MOAB, or Taylor Park Colorado ride.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Hondasxs determines that but looking like the spring takeover may stay at Royal Blue near Pioneer, TN. We may start having them in the fall currently hoping for Paiute Trails in Maryale UT in Oct 2018.
I'd love to go out there and ride but I'd hate to see what it would cost me to drive there in my rollback @ 8 mpg:eek: 1450 miles from my location.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would still like to try and put this together for first week of October 2018, then later on maybe a MOAB, or Taylor Park Colorado ride.

I really like this idea and it being in the Fall. I think I would have a real chance at making it and would also be a nice 50th Birthday present to myself.:)

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Actually planning to get married on April Fools day??????

J

JCutah

Apr 20, 2017
Northern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I dont want to be a downer, so let's call it a word of caution about the Utah topic. The first week of October in Utah is usually the opening of the general elk rifle hunt. Busy, very busy in virtually every mountain range at all elevations. And I wouldn't go far off trial unless I had blaze orange on. Moab on the red rock would be safe.

You could bump it to Sept and get less hunters by far, more fall colors and decent weather.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I dont want to be a downer, so let's call it a word of caution about the Utah topic. The first week of October in Utah is usually the opening of the general elk rifle hunt. Busy, very busy in virtually every mountain range at all elevations. And I wouldn't go far off trial unless I had blaze orange on. Moab on the red rock would be safe.

You could bump it to Sept and get less hunters by far, more fall colors and decent weather.

Thanks for the information. Just trying to avoid the other SXS jamboree, I know th e biggest one is in August. Even with 3 million acres to play on it could be a dusty crowded mess in places. Late September I'm sure is doable.

J

JCutah

Apr 20, 2017
Northern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the information. Just trying to avoid the other SXS jamboree, I know th e biggest one is in August. Even with 3 million acres to play on it could be a dusty crowded mess in places. Late September I'm sure is doable.

Spot on about the dust bowl. Although, it could be entertaining. Some of the members hate dust and love creativity. We would have fins, hoods, blowers, fans, shields, duct tape and flux capacitors.

Anyway, lots of places to ride. Follow that scenic 89 highway down and most those towns are all terrain friendly. The hub could be bryce canyon, marysville, fillmore or go north to Kamas or tooele or east to moab. Or extreme south at st. George. We a very lucky in utah no doubt.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!