2. Talon X

The dates have been set Sept.6th to Sept. 9th 2019

Taylor Park Trading Post

Amenities
Cabins
RV spots
Direct access to trails

I will be Making my reservations this weekend

I plan on being in my motor home, @CaptinJackRZR and I will most likely leave Texas the weekend before the event. A couple others will be stopping in Southern Colorado on the way up from Texas. If any others are interested I will start another thread as the event gets closer.

Thanks in advance for the assistance, Tramguage1

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What part of the state do you want to be in? I wish I could go. I have a wedding that week I have to go to.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Looks like Silverton my have the facilities needed to handle a group. But I also want to spend some time in Pagosa Springs area.
I can dry camp, but I'm sure theres a few that can't do that.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like Silverton my have the facilities needed to handle a group. But I also want to spend some time in Pagosa Springs area.
I can dry camp, but I'm sure theres a few that can't do that.
I have some friends that ride that but, they stay in lake city .They ride it One Direction one day and then another Direction the next day and say it's like all new .

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have heard that to access some of the trails you have to trailer your rig. That won't work for a large group, some may not be able to do that because there two vehicle is the same as camping vehicle.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have heard that to access some of the trails you have to trailer your rig. That won't work for a large group, some may not be able to do that because there two vehicle is the same as camping vehicle.
One of my friends that stays in Lake City said technically it's against the law to leave from Lake City but he said the cops just let everybody ride them all over town because that's their main income.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Reactions: nbomar
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have heard Silverton and Pagosa Springs is UTV friendly. As long as you have the Permit/ OHV decal.

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have heard Silverton and Pagosa Springs is UTV friendly. As long as you have the Permit/ OHV decal.

We will be riding in Silverton and Lake city the last week of August. I will give You the scoop when we get back. Hope to ride at Tin cup and St Elmo also the next week. I will be going through Pagosa Spring on the way and will get info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think that Colorado has been moving more towards 50" restricted trails. Something to consider. I'd like to look at Tin Cup Pass and Taylor Pass. I've done some riding in the San Isabel NF around the Twin Lakes area. The Rabbit Valley area on the western slope off of I-70 is like a big UTV ATV area. Some amazing country out there. What are your thoughts @SouthParkColorado ?

Reactions: BWAF
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have done a lot of Jeeping in the Silverton area and might be interested. If it was a week later I would definitely be interested. Will keep an eye on this thread

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 2379
IMG 0381

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have done a lot of Jeeping in the Silverton area and might be interested. If it was a week later I would definitely be interested. Will keep an eye on this thread

The dates are moveable. I was just worried about the weather getting to cold.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So are you planning on attending the Paiute trail ride too? I'm trying to figure out how to balance both of those rides and visiting CP and north Idaho. Getting the Colorado ride and the Paiute trail ride closer together would be optimal.
Colorado is 2019

Last edited by a moderator:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
For what it's worth. My brother has a business meeting in Colorado springs Sept. 27th and were planning on riding for a few days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
maybe before the 27th? Ii am afraid that's pushing the begaining of winter.

Reactions: BWAF
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The dates are moveable. I was just worried about the weather getting to cold.

The second to third week in September in the Silverton area is usually magical. The Aspens will reach full colors and the elk will be screaming their heads off.

Cold can happen there at any time. I have seen snowfall in mid to late July on more than one occasion.

SouthParkColorado

SouthParkColorado

Feb 4, 2018
Hartsel, CO & Aurora, CO
www.flickr.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I think that Colorado has been moving more towards 50" restricted trails. Something to consider. I'd like to look at Tin Cup Pass and Taylor Pass. I've done some riding in the San Isabel NF around the Twin Lakes area. The Rabbit Valley area on the western slope off of I-70 is like a big UTV ATV area. Some amazing country out there. What are your thoughts @SouthParkColorado ?
Sorry Dan, I've been at the mountain house for the last week. Hadn't been checking this site for a few days.
Hancock pass
Marshal pass
Back in Aurora for a day before going back up. Been riding a couple new trails [new to me] on Monday & Tuesday. This is Central Colorado last year: Daniel Nelson - P500 And in 2016: How It Falls 2016 Even a bad day is a good day! . And if it works out, going to Taylor Res. and Tin Cup, on Sun-Tues. ......... And BTW did you see this: 7/8/2018 Weston Pass Fire Map - InciWeb the Incident Information System

Last edited:
orangecrate

orangecrate

Lifetime Member
Dec 3, 2017
westernslope co.
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Sorry Dan, I've been at the mountain house for the last week. Hadn't been checking this site for a few days. View attachment 81418 View attachment 81419 Back in Aurora for a day before going back up. Been riding a couple new trails [new to me] on Monday & Tuesday. This is Central Colorado last year: Daniel Nelson - P500 And in 2016: How It Falls 2016 Even a bad day is a good day! . And if it works out, going to Taylor Res. and Tin Cup, on Sun-Tues. ......... And BTW did you see this: 7/8/2018 Weston Pass Fire Map - InciWeb the Incident Information System
Dale , hope to see you this weekend in Taylor Park. Joe

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!