SouthParkColorado

Feb 4, 2018
Hartsel, CO & Aurora, CO
www.flickr.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Dale , hope to see you this weekend in Taylor Park. Joe

Thanks Joe. Looks like it's going to work out OK. A question for you, I'm bring my P500 but I can also bring a couple more ATV's, if it would be useful? I have a 2008 Rancher and a 2006 Recon that will fit on my pickup and trailer. They've both been to Tin Cup several times, so they kinda know that area. Let me know what you think. Dale

Reactions: 100Acre
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We will be riding in Silverton and Lake city the last week of August. I will give You the scoop when we get back. Hope to ride at Tin cup and St Elmo also the next week. I will be going through Pagosa Spring on the way and will get info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went over tincup pass... Cumberland pass to pitkin... and back over Hancock pass to st Elmo.. Wednesday last week.... then did mount antero last Saturday..... all good rides.... the st Elmo loop,was a little long for my 5 year old granddaughter... it saw a moose coming back down Hancock pass and she was good to go...

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went over tincup pass... Cumberland pass to pitkin... and back over Hancock pass to st Elmo.. Wednesday last week.... then did mount antero last Saturday..... all good rides.... the st Elmo loop,was a little long for my 5 year old granddaughter... it saw a moose coming back down Hancock pass and she was good to go...

Glad You had some good rides. Planning on doing at least one day on that trail system. How long did it take to do the St. Elmo loop? Where did You stay at?

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Lets start planning this ride! How many are interested?

A few things to work out

Silverton (Alpine Loop)
Pagosa Springs
Suggestions ?

Amenities needed

Need a place that has
RV spots
Tent sites
Cabins
And easy access to trail heads

I plan on being in my motor home, so i will be able to move locations fairly easy. so a couple days in different places is fine with me.

Thanks in advance for the assistance, Tramguage1
Put us down to attend Tram!

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Theres a LOT to see in Colorado!
@Tigermark could dry camp a couple days in your motorhome if needed?

Reactions: Tigermark
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Glad You had some good rides. Planning on doing at least one day on that trail system. How long did it take to do the St. Elmo loop? Where did You stay at?

We were staying at a cabin in Buena Vista....probably took six hours to do the loop....
I was in Buena Vista again this weekend and we did mosquito pass from alma and then worked four mile north over pretty good....we are boondock camping on this trip

Koda

Koda

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Canton Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We were staying at a cabin in Buena Vista....probably took six hours to do the loop....
I was in Buena Vista again this weekend and we did mosquito pass from alma and then worked four mile north over pretty good....we are boondock camping on this trip

Thanks for the info. I am going to try to ride there if we have the time.

Reactions: BWAF
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok guys thanks for all the help with trail info.
I have got a trail book and will start trying to form a plan for a 3 to 4 day group outing. 15335948636121724557500647836818

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Lets start planning this ride! How many are interested?

A few things to work out

Silverton (Alpine Loop)
Pagosa Springs
Suggestions ?

Amenities needed

Need a place that has
RV spots
Tent sites
Cabins
And easy access to trail heads

I plan on being in my motor home, so i will be able to move locations fairly easy. so a couple days in different places is fine with me.

Thanks in advance for the assistance, Tramguage1

As far as location this place has it all including ride out from camp in every direction.

Taylor Park Trading Post

Screenshot 20180806 175023 Chrome

SouthParkColorado

SouthParkColorado

Feb 4, 2018
Hartsel, CO & Aurora, CO
www.flickr.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
As far as location this place has it all including ride out from camp in every direction.

Taylor Park Trading Post

View attachment 83122

The trading post is certainly OK, if not great. Reservations often stretch a year in advance, I'm told.
Cottonwood Pass is closed, but the hope is that it will be open for 2019. fingers crossed.
Cottonwood Pass is the main artery from the eastside of Taylor and connects Buena Vista, CO and points east to the reservoir area.
FLH > Projects > Colorado > Cottonwood Pass Overview
Pic is early morning view of Taylor Res. from outside of Cabin #34 in the Trading Post

DBP 3380

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@SouthParkColorado
How is the Paved roads leading into Taylor Park? What's the best route for motorhomes and or toyhaulers?

Reactions: BWAF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!