Status
Not open for further replies.
VINEYARD1909

VINEYARD1909

Jun 20, 2017
Chatsworth Ga
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well the Pioneer will become strictly farm use after this it's been fun white pearl but you are retired come 2019 enjoy the farm. I WANT THE RED ONE!!!!
20180304 160321

Bam85

Bam85

Feb 7, 2017
California
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I tell you what, if this truly is the Talon I’m quite happy with the looks. Now the key thing is how the performance is going to be. That and how much does it weight. That’s one of the biggest set back the new wildcat xx has. It’s got a sting engine but the weight of the machine makes it subpar to the rest of the competition.
I haven't scrolled through all the replies here, so I hope I don't sound redundant if someone else already brought this up. With all the competition out there, I think the summit of performance has pretty much been achieved for now. That being said, the race for the lightest has blown up in some of the manufacturers faces along with the customers. I've been in an X3 rollover that was less than 15 mph and we bent the rear control arms. I don't think the Talon will be the lightest by far but I do think it will be the most durable. I've driven the General and actually do really love it. Some of it better than the Pioneer but not enough overall to trade. I still have a Honda logo on my grill and that means the most to me.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I haven't scrolled through all the replies here, so I hope I don't sound redundant if someone else already brought this up. With all the competition out there, I think the summit of performance has pretty much been achieved for now. That being said, the race for the lightest has blown up in some of the manufacturers faces along with the customers. I've been in an X3 rollover that was less than 15 mph and we bent the rear control arms. I don't think the Talon will be the lightest by far but I do think it will be the most durable. I've driven the General and actually do really love it. Some of it better than the Pioneer but not enough overall to trade. I still have a Honda logo on my grill and that means the most to me.

I couldn't agree more. Having gone to the other side I have already done more repair work in 8 months than in three years with the Honda. Last two rides have pissed me off. If Honda comes out with this I'm trading in ASAP

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I couldn't agree more. Having gone to the other side I have already done more repair work in 8 months than in three years with the Honda. Last two rides have pissed me off. If Honda comes out with this I'm trading in ASAP
What did you buy again @ncred02. I forgot?

Reactions: BigOL3
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How do you know that? Doesn't look like it has any room. I'll have to take my cooler in when they come in, and try on for size!
Wouldn't a tape measure be easier to carry.

Reactions: nbomar
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You shouldn't be mixing your psychotropics and alcohol anyway. It's bad enough with the keyboard. :p
Is that like being in Alaska in February and thinking you are in the Caribbean? HA?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No No No not the industrial duct tape in your "Free Candy" van, a regular 12' tape measure.
12 foot, what do you use that for? Shrinkage measurements? HA!

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Green one is pro ably a 72" and blue looks to be 60" trail version wonder if turbo will be opt.
green and red are supposed to be 64 and blue 60.

Im liking the red one... hmmm do i really need to fit the whole family? I bet i could get 3 kids to share 1 seat.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
green and red are supposed to be 64 and blue 60.

Im liking the red one... hmmm do i really need to fit the whole family? I bet i could get 3 kids to share 1 seat.
Nah the plan is you get a P1K5 as the family SUV let mom drive it, and a Talon to play in for yourself :D

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
CanAm Commander 800 DPS

I love the comfort, handling, travel, speed over the 500. But the quality feel just aint there
I agree.... We had an Outlander, it had to be the best riding quad we've ever owned but it "felt" cheap....and broke often. I looked at a couple Can-Am SxSs before I bought the P5, more of the same and at twice the price.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree.... We had an Outlander, it had to be the best riding quad we've ever owned but it "felt" cheap....and broke often. I looked at a couple Can-Am SxSs before I bought the P5, more of the same and at twice the price.

I'm kind of surprised to hear that. I used to race Outlander's/Renegades in 2hr hair scrambles and they were a great machine. The only thing I ever broke in 5 years was I twisted the driveshaft in half. That was from hitting whoops at about 30mph.... I was plenty hard on them and they ran great. My last outlander was just a trail bike. I put 1200 miles on it without a single issue....I was ready for a sxs and I looked at the defender but didn't want to pay the extra money. I also knew i would be pulling trailers and hauling stuff and just didn't want to do that on a belt drive machine. I grew up on Honda's though and I do love my Pioneer!

I wonder if the new honda will be a 6 speed. They haven't had a belt drive yet so I can't imagine they would start now...

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!