2019 talon issue

B

Banksy45

Jul 4, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X
im new to the forum and was curious if anyone had this problem and if so how to fix? ive tried cleaning the grounds, checking the battery terminals, i triple checked to make sure there was enough oil in both the trans and engine, and a couple other things that the owners manual said to try but all has not helped this issue. it happens at random times from what i can tell and when it does happen i cant drive the vehicle or even shift it into a gear without it dying. any suggestions would be appreciated.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looks like its telling you to do a clutch relearn. Do you have a PV3 tuner? The relearn procedure can be done using the PV3 in diagnostic mode.

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looks like its telling you to do a clutch relearn. Do you have a PV3 tuner? The relearn procedure can be done using the PV3 in diagnostic mode.
Don't need any tuners to do the relearn. Factory Procedure attached...

Attachments

• Clutch Relearn Process.pdf
    260.7 KB · Views: 171
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Its flashing a code, but the video ends before it loops around again.
Dont you just love that?
I have customers that do that all the time. “But thats what it does” yeah but its not enough for me to figure out whats happening 🤨 😂

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
im new to the forum and was curious if anyone had this problem and if so how to fix? ive tried cleaning the grounds, checking the battery terminals, i triple checked to make sure there was enough oil in both the trans and engine, and a couple other things that the owners manual said to try but all has not helped this issue. it happens at random times from what i can tell and when it does happen i cant drive the vehicle or even shift it into a gear without it dying. any suggestions would be appreciated.
Photo tip - don't shoot vertical video, EVER. o_O

B

Banksy45

Jul 4, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. Talon X
Its flashing a code, but the video ends before it loops around again.

The MT/AT is flashing because whatever issue is present.

Make a longer video so the code flashes atleast twice.
I’ll try if I can get it to do it again, but it just flashes the same 2 long and 4 short dashes

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I’ll try if I can get it to do it again, but it just flashes the same 2 long and 4 short dashes
That is DTC 24-1 of the DCT. It is as follows..

I have attached the pages from the service manual to diagnose the code (starts about 2/3 down the first page)...

Attachments

• DTC 24-1.pdf
    366.1 KB · Views: 126
rsbertsch

rsbertsch

Sep 11, 2020
Fort Mohave, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Do you have a 2-way radio installed? If so, where is your antenna mounted? Is the antenna a ground plane or a non-ground plane type?

I had the same problem as you are describing that is the reason for the above questions. I purchased a Rugged 60 watt 2-way radio kit with antenna. I had a shop install the radio and antenna, however, they did not know s*** about how a 2-way radio works. The type and placement of the antenna is the most critical part of the radio system. 60 watts of Radio Frequency (RF) radiation can do a lot of things like give the radio a great deal of range in talk power and cause havoc with other electronics in your Talon.

In my case the antenna supplied with the kit was a ground plane antenna. A ground plane antenna needs to be mounted on a flat metal surface that is in turn grounded to the chassis frame work. The shop mounted it on the rear roll-cage with a bracket and a ground wire attached to a screw drilled into the cage. This caused a huge problem for the Electronics in the Talon.

The Talon dealer could not figure out why my talon would quite running while driving. The dash panel would act up with all kinds of warnings, some flashing - some not. I could restart the engine put it in gear and it would instantly stall. If I left the Talon alone for at least two minutes with the ignition switch turned off it may restart and allow the electrical system to reset and let me put it in gear and drive away, at least for a few miles and then it would do it all over again.

The cure was to move the Ground Plane antenna to the center of the plastic roof and place an eight inch round piece of metal on the antenna base and then run a ground wire to the top bar of the roll cage. My electronic problem disappeared completely. Turns out the RF interference was being radiated into the Talon’s computer and was causing it to go nuts.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wow, that’s crazy…..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!