BOX1

P700 2020 700-2 accessory wiring

B

Bacon1977

Jul 15, 2021
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
New to this forum as I just purchased my machine. Looking for information on the safest way to install a keyed powered switch panel to run cargo lights, light bar, voltmeter and USB port for now. Do I use in-line fuses, fuse box, etc. Do I only need one relay before the fuse box or do I need a relay for each accessory? I have a front winch installed from factory. Can i run off the power from it or do I need to come battery? So many questions. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Reactions: Mudwing
Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
I ran one big relay to my fuse box and a smaller relay for each fused accessory.
For various reasons I would come straight from the battery to your main relay in.
You can fuse either in line as close to power in as possible or run a fuse box.
Personally I like the fuse box for look and simplicity.
Always plan for more accessories than you currently have because inevitably you will need it.
Ask away and folks way smarter than me will chime in also.
Good luck and as always, pics or it didn't happen.

B

Bacon1977

Jul 15, 2021
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
I ran one big relay to my fuse box and a smaller relay for each fused accessory.
For various reasons I would come straight from the battery to your main relay in.
You can fuse either in line as close to power in as possible or run a fuse box.
Personally I like the fuse box for look and simplicity.
Always plan for more accessories than you currently have because inevitably you will need it.
Ask away and folks way smarter than me will chime in also.
Good luck and as always, pics or it didn't happen.
If coming off battery to relay, would or should I use say an inline 40 amp fuse if running to a 40 amp relay? Again my know of electrical wiring in slime so any info would be helpful. What wire size should i use? Thank you for the reply

Glock21user

Glock21user

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
First I suppose I should ask,
What are you envisioning to do and how many relays will you be hooking up.
Draw a small and very generic picture of what you want the rest will fall into place .
I will help as much as I can so no worries.

B

Bacon1977

Jul 15, 2021
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
First I suppose I should ask,
What are you envisioning to do and how many relays will you be hooking up.
Draw a small and very generic picture of what you want the rest will fall into place .
I will help as much as I can so no worries.
For now I plan on adding an switch panel with key on power. I want to run a about a 12 led light bar on the front. I would like to have two led work lights in the rear. I also want a volt meter and a USB port. Later I plan on a cargo winch as well. Will leave space for other possibilities later but for now that’s it.

Glock21user

Glock21user

Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Buy the fuse box as large as you want but never leave a circuit unprotected without a fuse.
Always go bigger
Then fuses let me know what you have for accessories I will help you to learn how to size fuses to the demand.
It's easy I promise.
We will need to volts/watts for lights and such in order to give you amps.

Last edited:
B

Bacon1977

Jul 15, 2021
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
Buy the fuse box as large as you want but never leave a circuit unprotected without a fuse.
Always go bigger
Then fuses let me know what you have for accessories I will help you to learn how to size fuses to the demand.
It's easy I promise.
We will need to volts/watts for lights and such in 9rder to give you amps.
So based on that, I need to order or pick out accessories first then make decision on wire, relay and fuse size

Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does your 700 have power steering?
If so, available space for wiring gets limited.
I got a lot of help from fellow members (shout out to @Mudwing), so I’m no expert but this is what I did.
I don’t plan on adding anything that would require it’s own relay but who knows what the future will bring.
I have usb charger, voltmeter, winch switch, and work light/back up switch from the club store all on their own fuses with more circuits available in a 100 amp fuse panel.
CC93D2A1 894B 49D2 8E7D 4545A4A1E65A
7B23C684 F979 4055 B020 070FDC243A08

Last edited:
B

Bacon1977

Jul 15, 2021
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
Does your 700 have power steering?
If so, available space for wiring gets limited.
I got a lot of help from fellow members (shout out to @Mudwing), so I’m no expert but this is what I did.
I don’t plan on adding anything that would require it’s own relay but who knows what the future will bring.
I have usb charger, voltmeter, winch switch, and work light/back up switch from the club store all on their own fuses with more circuits available in a 100 amp fuse panel.View attachment 284822View attachment 284823
What is that

BF4E3409 771A 4DAC AB00 408477793A6D

Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Stinger….a big relay for positive battery power to the fuse panel.
The key on power turns on the relay and allows heavy gauge battery power to the fuse panel.

I pulled heavy gauge power and ground from the leads already running from the battery to the winch contactor. I put a 100 amp circuit breaker between the power supply and the stinger just for added protection.

I used a fuse panel that also has ground lugs to keep it clean.

B

Bacon1977

Jul 15, 2021
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
The key on power turns on the relay and allows heavy gauge battery power to the fuse panel.

I pulled heavy gauge power and ground from the leads already running from the battery to the winch contactor. I put a 100 amp circuit breaker between the power supply and the stinger just for added protection.

And what is this? I have a winch hooked up as well. Should I do as you did or you from battery. Where does the ground from winch go after it goes to fuse box. And I assume you made the sheet metal piece?

2FAA8AC4 5BD7 49EB A0AD BD66DD16D0D4

Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4

Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
And what is this? I have a winch hooked up as well. Should I do as you did or you from battery. Where does the ground from winch go after it goes to fuse box. And I assume you made the sheet metal piece?

View attachment 284853
That is the 100 amp circuit breaker, picked up off the shelf at Autozone.

Stinger is rated 80 amp continuous, 150 amp peak.
Blue Sea fuse panel with integrated ground lug is rated 100 amp.

You can pull power from the battery if you want. I just didn’t see the need for running another two heavy gauge wires all the way back to the battery when I already had two running back from the winch contactor mounted a few inches away. Again, I didn’t anticipate running any high draw electronics off my fuse panel and therefore never expected to be running the winch and high draw electronics at the same time.

I cut my metal tray mounting plate out of an aluminum shelf I pulled from the scrap bin at work.
8686A3D1 4BFA 455E A7A5 E63601E04CB3
6A70F8AB 799D 4360 B097 FBBEB70C25F6

Buckshot07

Buckshot07

Dec 31, 2020
PA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks, @Buckshot07 😎 Here’s my build thread. There’s some info about the accessories in it. I used 6ga wire with 80A stinger and 40A fuse at battery under seat. 40A is plenty for the 7hundo’s charging system. I used a plastic board and zip tied under the hood. I mounted my components to it. A good plan and drawing will help tremendously. 😎Mudwing's MudMachine

Last edited:
B

Bacon1977

Jul 15, 2021
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you so much. I am assuming the green wire from the fuse panel is neg to accessory. I am again assuming you made the wire(s) that connect your winch power to the other items. Could you later run a radio and speakers off this set up? And I may be mistaken but did you say you used the Honda key on harness to get power to stinger? I really appreciate the information. Think I am gonna try this set up. What light bar you using?

Reactions: Buckshot07
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I ran a separate 6 gauge wire with fuse from the battery to the fuse block. I didn’t tap into the winch power. I used the Honda key on power sub harness. That plugs into the back of the 12v outlet and gives you two key on power sources. I used one for the winch and one for the accessory fuse block. The lights I’m using are from the HondaSxS Store. I think he sells the sub harness too. Keep them questions coming. 😎🤘🏾

B

Bacon1977

Jul 15, 2021
Mississippi
Ownership

1. 700-2
I ran a separate 6 gauge wire with fuse from the battery to the fuse block. I didn’t tap into the winch power. I used the Honda key on power sub harness. That plugs into the back of the 12v outlet and gives you two key on power sources. I used one for the winch and one for the accessory fuse block. The lights I’m using are from the HondaSxS Store. I think he sells the sub harness too. Keep them questions coming. 😎🤘🏾
Could I run a cargo bed winch as well or would that be too much?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!