BOX1

P700 2020 700 -4 overheating

K

Koliver811

Mar 25, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
First time posting long time reader. I have a 2020 Pioneer 700-4 that is overheating. The only modifications are a snorkle ( not homemade) and a Uni air filter. I ride in S. Fl on the gulf coast. Things I have checked so far include radiator fluid, making sure no mud is caked on the radiator fins, the fan is turning on. There is currently 350 miles and 57 hours on the SXS. It just started doing this. Yes it is under warranty but the dealership is 20 miles away and I dont want to drag it up there for something that I can do easily or check myself. I will say it does seem like this started after the Uni filter was installed. Could the Uni filter make it run lean ?? I run Uni airfilters on all the stuff in the garage and I have never had an issue.I am going to put the stock air filter on tomorrow and I will see if it stops it from happening. Also even if it gets hot once the fan kicks on shouldn't it cool down? I ride it but I dont ride it super hard mostly just cruising down trails and some water holes. Thanks in advance for the help. I am interested to see what you guys think.

Reactions: Isaiah
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Jack the front end up and burp the coolant. More than likely an air bubble in the motor

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah and DG Rider
K

Koliver811

Mar 25, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does it need to be running or warm ? Just jack it up with the cap off ?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Jack the front end up and burp the coolant. More than likely an air bubble in the motor

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
This.

Also...don't think it's happened on a 700, but some of the other models have come with the fan wired backwards. Make sure the fan is pulling air through the radiator instead of pushing it out the front. This would stay cool at a standstill, but overheat while moving (assuming you don't drive backwards all the time).

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Get a light to shine though your radiator and make sure it's not plugged with dirt, don't rely on the surface looking clean

B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
You definitely got something wrong and not from an air filter, I have a 2020 700. I'm in Central Florida and I've ran mine so hard that the exhaust was glowing red and never got more than three bars off of cold on the gauge
Screenshot 20200326 171753

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!