BOX1

2020 Honda Talon 1000 S4R? Pioneer 500? and Rubicon 520?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
19 Honda Talon 1000R R 4

Could this be, A Honda Talon 4 seater?

Honda is set to announce some of their 2020 offroad models this Monday evening at a dealer event. While we all hope for a Talon Turbo we are fairly certain that will not come to light. Until the official announcement, we can only wonder what is under those red curtains.

Fb img 1558661377260 jpg

2020 ATV Model!
While the Rincon will see its 17th year of BOLD NEW COLORS we only hope and dream Honda is working on a 999cc Twincon somewhere. Yet the ATV you see here is part of the Foreman line. Info has already dropped confirming Honda has a 518cc model for the 2020 year and we believe it will be the Honda Foreman Rubicon 520!

Pioneer 500 Model!
Another guess that could easily fall in place here is an updated Honda Pioneer 500 to a 520 with a 6-speed DCT with H/L from the Rubicon line. One thing is for sure, it sure would be a welcomed feature. Another area we expect to see is improvements is in the utility area of the Pioneer 500. We all look forward to the 500 having a locker or maybe a milked down version of the i4wd system and it could greatly benefit from a usable bed or better yet an automatic dump as seen in these spy pictures obtained by HondaSxS.com
1 3 4

And finally the 2020 Talon line!
While a turbo is out of the question we have solid information suggesting a few coming updates. One future feature is Launch Control. This feature has been confirmed from recent patents along with markings on the ECU suggesting its ready. Another feature is the somewhat awkwardly placed display there in the center of the unit. Take a look back you will see a great place to install an info system of some type. Also the little cover there above the steering wheel. Honda calls this a CAP, INDICATOR BLANK. Hum... Indicator for what? It would make a great place for a compact heads up display.

61393749 2506399219402960 894712619141693440 o

Doctors orders Honda Talon SxS1000S4R and SxS1000S4X!
Yesterday Honda's official doctor issued the above medical certificate to the entire HondaSxS club. It states you are hereby prescribed a 3 day weekend in 1 (ONE) Honda Talon. You are required to have a minimum of 1 friend (or more).
WHAT...
How can you take more than 1 friend in a Honda Talon???? Unless it seats 4!

19 Honda Talon 1000R R 4

While this is just a rendering we do believe it to be highly accurate of what is to come. While we are not certain this will be announced Monday we are certain it will be by the fall. We even have info suggesting the rear netting will be secured via the rear door latch and hopefully not as awkward as the front netting is. The netting will have a built-in cable that will secure into the door latch pulling it tight upon shut. Opening the door will release the cable for ease of access.

Tdoor

Well, that's all for now. Expect lots of info come Monday evening after the dealer showing.
Stay tuned!

Last edited:
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife would kill me if I pick up a 4 seat Talon. Now the question is is it worth it lol.

The big thing I wonder it how long will it be? How will the length and turning radius compare the the competitors?

Reactions: 500oneer
W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I see a lot of xp4 and maxx's being sold.

Reactions: Plumber32
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Honda needs to pull it's head out of its butt and go back to OHC with its atv line. My Foreman is racking up a lot of hours at our new place. Not buying another atv until that engine changes.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
G

GhostKilla1320

Jul 30, 2017
Greenville,SC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I wouldn't mind seeing Honda develop a gear reduction kit for the Talon/Pioneer 1ks, something similar to Yamaha yxz kits. For us guys wanting to run bigger tires and hoping to not hurt the DCT much. Also i remember reading that the Talon has a lower geared reverse than the Pioneer, could we see that announced for the Pioneer 1ks? I partially wish Honda would come out with a cheaper Talon, do away with i4wd and the hill start assist to lower costs of the model yet add a front limited slip/locker like my Foreman had in it. Just food for thought, cant wait for the announcement.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gear reduction would be nice but we will never see this from Honda.

Expect more Talons. The current model is NOT the "top of the line" Talon. There is better coming and more $$,$$$ too! Also smaller and base models. Would look for a 700 and maybe even a 500cc model in the coming years.

I need a 150cc youth unit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn't mind seeing Honda develop a gear reduction kit for the Talon/Pioneer 1ks, something similar to Yamaha yxz kits. For us guys wanting to run bigger tires and hoping to not hurt the DCT much. Also i remember reading that the Talon has a lower geared reverse than the Pioneer, could we see that announced for the Pioneer 1ks? I partially wish Honda would come out with a cheaper Talon, do away with i4wd and the hill start assist to lower costs of the model yet add a front limited slip/locker like my Foreman had in it. Just food for thought, cant wait for the announcement.

I totally agree. Many of us are simple minded people we want the basic stuff. Not a bunch of extra junk to break. Don't get me wrong many love the extras but if they made a base model with that was bullet proof at a good price they could grab a market of people then many of them may would upgrade down the road. At the end of the day many of us are Honda fans due to the fact 20year ago thats what they did.

G

GhostKilla1320

Jul 30, 2017
Greenville,SC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I totally agree. Many of us are simple minded people we want the basic stuff. Not a bunch of extra junk to break. Don't get me wrong many love the extras but if they made a base model with that was bullet proof at a good price they could grab a market of people then many of them may would upgrade down the road. At the end of the day many of us are Honda fans due to the fact 20year ago thats what they did.
Im just use to having diff lock, i missed it from my Foreman, my Polaris is awd and for a atv thats not bad but i like to know when its locked in not spin half a revolution to get the fronts to pull. Thats what i think broke my front diff twice, crawling through mud then hit the throttle and pop goes the pinion plate. Ive been reading/researching side by sides. Love the Talon so far, Pioneer is my second chose. I have looked a Rzr and some Can ams but Honda just has better quality.

500oneer

500oneer

15,000 mile club
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Anyone looking forward to an upgraded P5?
A differential lock would be cool. I’m not really interested in a dump bed because I wouldn’t use that much and it would make a lot more dust come in the cab. Better suspension would be nice and so would powersteering. What is going to happen to buyers when a loaded p500 is thousands more than a P700 or even a leftover p1000. It could hurt sales of the p500. It would be nice if Honda could add features cheaper than the aftermarket. I would expect Honda to keep the base model too which I will probably get if I buy again. More power? It wouldn’t be that great without better suspension.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Anyone looking forward to an upgraded P5?
Don't know what they could do short of a complete redesign that would get me interested again. But a locker and bed would be nice for future buyers. And it could use that DCT drivetrain too.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I don’t know why they keep worrying with the rincon I haven’t seen anyone in my area but one in years it’s time to do something better can am and Polaris 450 models have same horse power as rincon

Reactions: Plumber32
H

HondaTech

Honda needs to pull it's head out of its butt and go back to OHC with its atv line. My Foreman is racking up a lot of hours at our new place. Not buying another atv until that engine changes.

Honda hasn't had a OHC engine utility ATV since the Foutrax 300, except for the rincon. And it's not truly OHC, since it sits under the head.

The lack of a timing chain/tensioner that goes bad is a plus I think. I don't believe I've ever replaced a timing chain or tensioner on a cam in block engine. Unless I was in the bottom end already and just covering my bases.

The Rincon is known for bad tensioners and replacing a chain can be a hunk of change.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
H
Hondasxs.com has confirmed the SXS1000S4X and the Trx520FA7 to be announced Monday!

The 3rd machine is still a guessing game.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Here you go @aprils_fool , a 4 seat Talon......room for the littles

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
If they do make changes to the p5 I hope it’s not that dump bed they have in New Zealand. I want a dump bed like a Polaris ranger that would do away with the rack all together. But make it an option. Or a 4 seater p5 which I know will never ever happen.

Reactions: DG Rider
Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
700-4 with a low Range would be great. Maybe a DCT too. I like the size of the 700 better than 1000.

Reactions: gblaamanen
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!