2021 1000-5 Gear indicator flashing/ Stuck in 1st

T

trevelynzx

May 25, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
hey guys. for everyone’s benefit -

i recently started having an intermittent problem with my 1000-5 flashing a “-“ at key on, through ignition, and then it wouldn’t shift out of first gear. Very inconsistent. suspected my battery but ended up taking it into a dealer to read the codes. turns out the neutral switch was throwing codes. they replaced it.

i also had the battery and plugs replaced while it was there, not sure that those contributed to the fix. but it’s all good now.

moral of the story- if you start getting flashing gears on the digital display or a “-“ check the battery first, but may be a bad neutral switch. hopefully that solves it for ya.

K

kyrider1000

Oct 4, 2022
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If its not the switch , check the BLUE wire leading from the switch . A lot of times the mice has chewed it almost into .

Just my 2 cents .

Ride em safe

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!