P1000 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 I-4wd issue

B

bridgermgmt

Jul 18, 2021
Tahoe
Ownership

1. Other Brand
There are two engine grounds. I saw a photo here somewhere, but now I can't find it. They're on the driver's side and you may have to pull plastic to get to them.

My 2021 kept quitting after about 5 minutes. The shop found the engine grounds were loose, and that fixed the problem.

So just got it back from the shop. They were able to work it out and sneak me in today to diagnose. Looks like I had a trifecta of things.

1. I had a loose ground. Although I thought all were tight and good to go after checking them all, I apparently missed something.
2. The battery would not pass so they replaced it.
3. Possibly due to the rear shock, according to the tech, but my BED had loosened up on the brackets pretty bad. They adjusted for me.
4. My shock is smoked. Tech took pics and sent them to HONDA. He said that even if they want to replace, it could be a long time. Sounds like Fox shocks for this may be behind schedule. Hoping to get an update next week on an eta.

So basically Y'all were spot on with your suggestions. I am glad I got the warranty but also very appreciative of all the help on this forum. I got more questions, but as my I-4wd problem is (apparently) fixed, Ill just start a new thread.

Thanks everyone.

Reactions: StewB
E

Ericthered

Eric The Red
Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Sparks, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad you got the electrical fixed. This unit is finicky about being fully powered up. As for trails, I go to Gabbs and Austin, Nevada. You will never hit all the trails in one lifetime, and the scenery, rocks and wildlife are beyond expectations. Welcome to the desert! I use my 1000-3 as a replacement for my 47 Jeep CJ2A that just wore out beyond repair. The Honda is a great replacement and much softer on the backside. I am mostly stock with a Honda glass windshield, plastic roof, doors and back window. Other than that a winch, had the lower Talon reverse installed, double lithium batteries and a heater. My rig, after finding loose grounds, has been trouble free for 3 years, rain or shine, up to 12,000 ft without missing a beat. Has been overloaded (8 five gallon buckets) of rocks/crystals, worked hard (50 miles in one day by Death Valley) and still has stock tires, shocks, and most everything else. Change oil before they say and it will outlast you.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!