2021 Takeover @Jackal's Early Bird Prison Rides.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok so many people arrive early before the main Takeover events for Fri evening and Saturday. Multiple have asked me via PM about guiding to Brushy Mountain Prison.

EDITED:

BMP & the Wardens Table Restaurant is open daily 11AM to 7PM seven days a week beginning Monday 5/31/21.

This is a minimum 95 mile to 115 mile loop depending upon route and trail difficulty due to weather conditions. I have taken groups there and back as quickly as 7 hours in great conditions to 13 hours in poor conditions.

That said, if it remains very dry as it is forecast to and has been here. It will be an easy but dusty run.

I am willing to take people that want to go both Thursday and Friday 6/3 & 6/4. I will be ready to depart each day at 9AM from the Hardee's parking lot next to the Comfort Inn at I75 exit 141 that is at end of Sundquist Trail 12.

After a few dozen trips with groups I have found the best route is to go straight there 39 miles by 25 mph scenic backroads all paved except 3 miles of gravel. Stop at New River Train on the way, then to Brushy Mountain for lunch by 11am-12pm spend a couple hours there for those who want to eat, sample moonshine and other spirits made on grounds. Tour prison and gift shop. Head back about 2pm by trail going through New River & Royal Blue trails stop at Eternal Flame and back to exit 141 / campgrounds hopefully by 7-8 pm.

I have never had to re-fuel even on 120 mile loop using 6.5 gal of 7.9 gal capacity in a Pioneer 1000. Typically only use 5.5 gal. There are 2 places that fuel can be gotten if need be, but please be completely topped off before we depart.

Please reply so I can get an idea of numbers for each day.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

For everyone staying at RIDE ROYAL BLUE & THE RIDGES campgrounds the fastest way to the Hardee's departure point at exit 141 is as follows:

Get on Stinking Creek road turn left (going west). Continue on Stinking Creek rd across the I75 overpass until it comes to a T (that's TN HWY 63).

Turn Left onto HWY 63 and take it to the truck stops, Hardee's & Comfort Inn are between and behind the Pilot & TA .

Takes about 20 minutes from RRB to Hardee's.

Last edited:
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Count me in for either one of those dates, pending any other rides my NTC peeps might be planning.

Sounds like this time around it might actually get easier as the day goes on 😂😂😂

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Count me in for either one of those dates, pending any other rides my NTC peeps might be planning.

Sounds like this time around it might actually get easier as the day goes on 😂😂😂
Well the route I have been running recently starts easy but gets harder on the way back, good thing is the harder parts are downhill so even a brand X KRX with a flat tire can fall off the mountain 🤣

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm in! Likely Thurs.

Can't wait, planned to do this last year, but didn't make it down due to the scamdemic.

Looking forward to seeing some new territory!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok so many people arrive early before the main Takeover events for Fri evening and Saturday. Multiple have asked me via PM about guiding to Brushy Mountain Prison.

BMP & the Wardens Table Restaurant is open Thursdays through Sundays 11AM to 7PM.

This is a minimum 95 mile to 115 mile loop depending upon route and trail difficulty due to weather conditions. I have taken groups there and back as quickly as 7 hours in great conditions to 13 hours in poor conditions.

That said, if it remains very dry as it is forecast to and has been here. It will be an easy but dusty run.

I am willing to take people that want to go both Thursday and Friday 6/3 & 6/4. I will be ready to depart each day at 9AM from the Hardee's parking lot next to the Comfort Inn at I75 exit 141 that is at end of Sundquist Trail 12.

After a few dozen trips with groups I have found the best route is to go straight there 39 miles by 25 mph scenic backroads all paved except 3 miles of gravel. Stop at New River Train on the way, then to Brushy Mountain for lunch by 11am-12pm spend a couple hours there for those who want to eat, sample moonshine and other spirits made on grounds. Tour prison and gift shop. Head back about 2pm by trail going through New River & Royal Blue trails stop at Eternal Flame and back to exit 141 / campgrounds hopefully by 7-8 pm.

I have never had to re-fuel even on 120 mile loop using 6.5 gal of 7.9 gal capacity in a Pioneer 1000. Typically only use 5.5 gal. There are 2 places that fuel can be gotten if need be, but please be completely topped off before we depart.

Is this the same loop you gave me to run Except adding the flame into it?

Kadert21

Kadert21

Jul 29, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. Talon X
@Hondasxs Would possibly like to make this run. I will have to check with my group of 3. One of which is running a stock P500. Would he be able to make this without to much trouble? The other 2 machines are a Talon X and a P1000-5.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Still waiting for the survey to be added to the link so we can pick a day and now we get to pick a leader.
I’m voting for @JACKAL bound to be more carnage on his ride.
Come to think of it, it’s often my carnage, might need to rethink this.

Blcksck

Blcksck

Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2019
Bossier City, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

BMP & the Wardens Table Restaurant is open Thursdays through Sundays 11AM to 7PM.

Count me in. It's the one thing the War Department wants to see.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!