P500 2022 P520 Excessive Front Tire Wear

G

grease monkey

Jan 24, 2022
illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Started riding more on hard surfaced roads and really didn't notice excessive front tire wear until oil service was due. Got about 1000 miles on my P520, front tire wear is about twice that of what on rear tires have for wear. Decided it wouldn't hurt to check front wheel toe on a 6-month-old machine, WOW, factory toe in was set at almost 1 inch!! Apparently, Honda or the dealership doesn't care if you ride on hard surface roads. Moral of the story, check your machine's toe in before riding on hard surfaced roads instead of grinding down a pair OEM front tires.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Most of them come toe out. Something about making the steering less jerky.

Good reminder for people, pavement is really hard on tires not rolling straight.

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
From the factory, mine was just about right. I had to correct my steering wheel, because it was way off. So, I decided to do a hillbilly alignment check. It was pretty good, but I've heard a lot of people notice that their alignment was way off on a new machine.

Rob

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!