P1000m3 2022 Pioneer 1000-3 Bed Rails

P

PMN

Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I wanted bed rails for additional tie down points, mounting Kolpin Rhino Grips, etc. I found some online, but not exactly what I wanted, so I made some.

Fabbed the brackets out of 2" x .180" flat bar and some small bits of angle to use existing holes in the bed frame for mounting points. I used new hardware & spacers under the brackets to tie into the the existing outside bed to bed frame mounting points without squishing the plastic bed sides, and then wrapped the brackets over the top to get another mounting point on the inside bed frame, front and rear. I drilled 2 holes on the front inside, but only ended up using 1. The mount was incredibly solid with 1, and the second hole was a challenge to land a bolt & nut in.

Used 1.5" X.125" wall inch tube for the rails. I would have used .095, but .125 was what I could find.

Followed the 15 degree rake from the rear ROPS bar, and the 35 degree angles on the existing bed side dropdown.

The rails are spaced outward so the board grooves in the bed sides are not vertically obstructed.

Overall, they are not perfect, but surprisingly enough, I got the tube bends right on the first go round, which is not always the case, especially when making s bends. I think I watched that Rogue Fab Youtube video 16 times before I got it straight in my head....😀

The mounts were a bit fussy to make, I couldn't get the second 90 completely bent due to limitations on my metal brake. Ended up welding the second 90 after bending the first.

I may get them powder coated at some point, but am going to run them painted for now to see how they work.

Just thought I would share.........I have gotten a ton of help from this forum by reading posts of what others have done when trying to figure something out or find ideas.

Thanks to @JoeyL for 10 minutes of brainstorming in the garage to figure out some of the details.

Pics follow...........'cause it did happen.

Brackets, before true up to make them the same.
Brackets

Front inside mounting point
Front bracket

Rear inside mounts
Rear bracket

Rear bracket 2

All done.....
Driver side rail 2
Driver side rail
Front bracket2

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I wanted bed rails for additional tie down points, mounting Kolpin Rhino Grips, etc. I found some online, but not exactly what I wanted, so I made some.

Fabbed the brackets out of 2" x .180" flat bar and some small bits of angle to use existing holes in the bed frame for mounting points. I used new hardware & spacers under the brackets to tie into the the existing outside bed to bed frame mounting points without squishing the plastic bed sides, and then wrapped the brackets over the top to get another mounting point on the inside bed frame, front and rear. I drilled 2 holes on the front inside, but only ended up using 1. The mount was incredibly solid with 1, and the second hole was a challenge to land a bolt & nut in.

Used 1.5" X.125" wall inch tube for the rails. I would have used .095, but .125 was what I could find.

Followed the 15 degree rake from the rear ROPS bar, and the 35 degree angles on the existing bed side dropdown.

The rails are spaced outward so the board grooves in the bed sides are not vertically obstructed.

Overall, they are not perfect, but surprisingly enough, I got the tube bends right on the first go round, which is not always the case, especially when making s bends. I think I watched that Rogue Fab Youtube video 16 times before I got it straight in my head....😀

The mounts were a bit fussy to make, I couldn't get the second 90 completely bent due to limitations on my metal brake. Ended up welding the second 90 after bending the first.

I may get them powder coated at some point, but am going to run them painted for now to see how they work.

Just thought I would share.........I have gotten a ton of help from this forum by reading posts of what others have done when trying to figure something out or find ideas.

Thanks to @JoeyL for 10 minutes of brainstorming in the garage to figure out some of the details.

Pics follow...........'cause it did happen.

Brackets, before true up to make them the same.
View attachment 355508

Front inside mounting point
View attachment 355509

Rear inside mounts
View attachment 355511

View attachment 355513
All done.....
View attachment 355519View attachment 355520 View attachment 355510
Looks great!

P

PMN

Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2022
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Very nice work sir! You should make another set and have them chrome plated for a little bling!😉👍
Thank you! As for bling, I could never take it to the farm in WV if I did that. I showed up a couple of years ago with a set of ITP wheels on a Yamaha Grizzly with chrome center caps and like to never heard the end of it from my wife's cousins........:oops:

S

SaltwaterSlick

Jul 20, 2022
Southeast Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you! As for bling, I could never take it to the farm in WV if I did that. I showed up a couple of years ago with a set of ITP wheels on a Yamaha Grizzly with chrome center caps and like to never heard the end of it from my wife's cousins........:oops:
That's why we caint have nice things!! 🤣 🤣👍

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I agree, they just don't look right. Maybe make a few more sets and all take the old set so you won't have to look at them.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!