P1000 2022 trail edition, rear doors

Topguntrigger

Topguntrigger

Oct 10, 2022
Invermere
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys, looking for some help here.
I did search the forms and some how I can’t find any answers on this. Maybe I just missed it?

There’s a lot of videos out there and threads on how to cut the rear door to make additional storage.
It turns out that the older models had threads in the original doors the new 2022 uses the friction fit plugs to hold the outer piece of plastic on me and there’s no threads. So if I use the nuts on either side, the piece of plastic sticks out too far. Has anyone else come across this?

GovtMule

GovtMule

NTC’s SoA, Chief Sarcasm Officer-Self Appointed
Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did you not see the response in your last post about this where you were given the thread you needed?

GovtMule

GovtMule

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone come across this before? I searched the forum, but probably missed it.

Basically, I’ve watched all the videos of everyone cutting out the back doors on the PK5 but in the older models the outer plastic was held on with nuts, and there was bolts attached to the main door now they’re just using the friction fit plugs. I’m struggling to get the right depth so the panel stays tight to the door. . This might not make sense, but if someone’s gone through it before it will thanks, everyone.

View attachment 375177 View attachment 375178
It was an answer to this.

GovtMule

GovtMule

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
But now I see you wanted for a 2022. That might not be contained in those 25 pages but check anyway. It may be there.

R

reety82

Nov 18, 2022
Morgantown, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I did search the forms and some how I can’t find any answers on this. Maybe I just missed it?

There’s a lot of videos out there and threads on how to cut the rear door to make additional storage.
It turns out that the older models had threads in the original doors the new 2022 uses the friction fit plugs to hold the outer piece of plastic on me and there’s no threads. So if I use the nuts on either side, the piece of plastic sticks out too far. Has anyone else come across this?

I used jack nuts for mine. You can buy them on Amazon.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Did you not see the response in your last post about this where you were given the thread you needed?
Did you read the OPs post?
The '22 rear door eliminated the threaded insert nut that was the basis of the @joeymt33 storage door mod.
This is described in post #1 of this thread.

@Topguntrigger I have not seen anyone solve the 2022 door issue yet.
If you find somthing or create somthing please report back.

GovtMule

GovtMule

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2021
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
But now I see you wanted for a 2022. That might not be contained in those 25 pages but check anyway. It may be there.

Did you read the OPs post?
The '22 rear door eliminated the threaded insert nut that was the basis of the @joeymt33 storage door mod.
This is described in post #1 of this thread.

@Topguntrigger I have not seen anyone solve the 2022 door issue yet.
If you find somthing or create somthing please report back.
Did you read my post #5. I did miss that...but when I read through the aforementioned 25 pages I did find some helpful info that pertains to 2022's. Thanks though.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

There's a thread on here from a guy that did the door mod on his 22'. He also posted a video if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure how flush they sit on his I didn't watch the video, but I do recall it being a 22'.

I tried doing a quick search for it but came up empty, sorry.

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!