Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

August 5, 2022 — ALPHARETTA, Georgia
  • Midsize multipurpose side-by-side features key updates
  • FourTrax ATVs set the bar for multipurpose ATVs
For the 2023 model year, American Honda today announced updates to the Pioneer 700 midsize multipurpose side-by-side, as well as the return of the popular FourTrax line of rec/utility ATVs. While each of these models has specialized applications, they all share Honda’s legendary reliability and offer unmatched versatility, from the ranch to the trail.
Known for its heavyweight capability on the worksite and lightweight handling on the trail, the Pioneer 700 builds on its strong reputation with key improvements for 2023. Its refinements are aimed at improving performance and comfort, increasing storage capacity and enhancing accessory integration. The Pioneer 700 is offered in three different trim levels, including a new-for-2023, top-of-the-line Forest version, which includes premium features and preinstalled accessories to enhance the recreation experience. Other trim levels are Deluxe and standard, and each of the three versions is available in both two- and four-person configurations.
Honda’s FourTrax line of rec/utility ATVs includes a wide range of models, each offered in a variety of trim levels and colors. The FourTrax Rincon returns for 2023, well-equipped for work or play with a powerful 675cc engine and long-travel suspension. Boasting independent rear suspension, the 518cc FourTrax Foreman Rubicon provides a smooth ride on the trail and superior traction for handling tough chores on the farm. Offering the same package, but using swingarm rear suspension, the FourTrax Foreman 4x4 excels when work calls, with impressive towing performance. And finally, the hardworking FourTrax Rancher is available in eight distinct trim levels, offering consumers the choice between features like Honda’s Dual Clutch Transmission, Electronic Shift Program, two- and four-wheel-drive and more.
Pioneer 700
From rolling up sleeves for tough jobs on the ranch, to weekend trail-ride adventures with family, the Pioneer 700 is as versatile and capable as they come. For 2023, Honda’s midsize rec/utility side-by-side is updated with new features that improve performance and comfort, increase storage capacity and enhance accessory integration. Offered in two- and four-seat configurations, as well as standard, Deluxe and Forest trim levels, the Pioneer 700 is now further specialized to best suit customers’ needs. Of course, it continues to offer the great features that have made it one of the most popular vehicles in its class, including a dump bed, refined handling and Honda’s legendary reliability.
  • Colors (MSRP)
    • Pioneer 700-4 Forest: Honda Phantom Camo® ($16,899)
    • Pioneer 700 Forest: Honda Phantom Camo ($15,399)
    • Pioneer 700-4 Deluxe: Red; Reactor Blue ($14,899)
    • Pioneer 700 Deluxe: Red; Reactor Blue ($13,399)
    • Pioneer 700-4: Olive; Black ($13,299)
    • Pioneer 700: Olive; Black ($11,799)
165972021127916597203248901659720339421165972035089816597203690821659720379668165972038762616597203978541659720406273

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
NEW FOR 2023

• Added Storage: The storage volume is nearly twice that of the previous generation, and the glove box is the largest of any Honda side-by-side. The Forest version includes additional under-dash storage.
  • Tilt Steering: A new tilt steering wheel enables fine-tuned comfort, in addition to improved vehicle ingress and egress.
  • Beverage Holders: The front-door-mounted beverage holders have been redesigned to hold tumbler-size cups.
  • Pre-wired Accessory Connector: For all Pioneer 700 versions, a pre-wired panel is provided under the hood to simplify installation of Honda and aftermarket electronic accessories.
  • Dash Switch Panel: Also to facilitate clean installation of electronic accessories, pre-wired switches are integrated in the dash on all Pioneer 700 versions.
  • In-Bed Outlet: The Pioneer 700 Forest, Deluxe and EPS versions now have a handy 12-volt accessory receptacle in the bed, enabling use of electronic devices like coolers, work lights, food warmers, sprayers, air compressors and more.
  • Winch: The Pioneer 700 Forest comes standard with a 4,500-pound-capacity winch for removing obstacles and providing peace of mind in rugged conditions.
  • New Meter: All Pioneer 700 versions now have a new dash meter that's twice the size of the previous generation, for improved visibility.
  • Bed Lights: For locating gear in low-light conditions—for example, selecting a fishing lure—the Pioneer 700 Forest, Deluxe and EPS come with dual bed lights.
  • Wheels: The Forest and Deluxe come standard with black aluminum wheels, while the EPS and standard versions have steel wheels.
  • Accessories: To customize the vehicle to owners' needs, there are over 76 accessories for the Pioneer 700—including 13 new accessories. Examples include a snowplow, a glass windshield and a GPS, part of a wide range of options available to adapt the Pioneer 700 to specific applications.
  • Electric Power Steering: Deluxe, Forest and EPS versions come with updated Electric Power Steering that increases torque assist by more than 25%, improves handling and features a new “Return to Center” function that improves responsiveness and reduces steering effort.
  • Protection: Adding to Honda's legendary durability, quality and reliability, the Pioneer 700 is designed with additional floor toughness, a new radiator-fan vent tube, increased frame strength-to-weight ratio and revised front and rear driveshaft boots that improve puncture resistance.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
700 gets the new power steering units simular to the 1000.
Talon will have it for 2023 as well.

NEW ELECTRIC POWER STEERING (EPS)​

Our Honda Electric Power Steering has always been a groundbreaking innovation, and it’s even better this year. How? We’ve given it a new next-generation brushless motor, and new return-to-center function. As always, there are no belts or pumps to slip, break or leak. It’s a “smart” system too—you get more assistance when you need it, and less when you don’t. (Available on Pioneer 700 Deluxe and Pioneer 700 Forest)

S

Sudani

Jul 20, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Seeing the new model upgrades makes me want one, but mine will have to do. One thing I was surprised about was, last summer, I had to add coolant. My son’s P1000 doesn’t require it being a closed system. I was surprised but now I keep my eye on it and carry fluid.

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 347382

August 5, 2022 — ALPHARETTA, Georgia
  • Midsize multipurpose side-by-side features key updates
  • FourTrax ATVs set the bar for multipurpose ATVs
For the 2023 model year, American Honda today announced updates to the Pioneer 700 midsize multipurpose side-by-side, as well as the return of the popular FourTrax line of rec/utility ATVs. While each of these models has specialized applications, they all share Honda’s legendary reliability and offer unmatched versatility, from the ranch to the trail.
Known for its heavyweight capability on the worksite and lightweight handling on the trail, the Pioneer 700 builds on its strong reputation with key improvements for 2023. Its refinements are aimed at improving performance and comfort, increasing storage capacity and enhancing accessory integration. The Pioneer 700 is offered in three different trim levels, including a new-for-2023, top-of-the-line Forest version, which includes premium features and preinstalled accessories to enhance the recreation experience. Other trim levels are Deluxe and standard, and each of the three versions is available in both two- and four-person configurations.
Honda’s FourTrax line of rec/utility ATVs includes a wide range of models, each offered in a variety of trim levels and colors. The FourTrax Rincon returns for 2023, well-equipped for work or play with a powerful 675cc engine and long-travel suspension. Boasting independent rear suspension, the 518cc FourTrax Foreman Rubicon provides a smooth ride on the trail and superior traction for handling tough chores on the farm. Offering the same package, but using swingarm rear suspension, the FourTrax Foreman 4x4 excels when work calls, with impressive towing performance. And finally, the hardworking FourTrax Rancher is available in eight distinct trim levels, offering consumers the choice between features like Honda’s Dual Clutch Transmission, Electronic Shift Program, two- and four-wheel-drive and more.
Pioneer 700
From rolling up sleeves for tough jobs on the ranch, to weekend trail-ride adventures with family, the Pioneer 700 is as versatile and capable as they come. For 2023, Honda’s midsize rec/utility side-by-side is updated with new features that improve performance and comfort, increase storage capacity and enhance accessory integration. Offered in two- and four-seat configurations, as well as standard, Deluxe and Forest trim levels, the Pioneer 700 is now further specialized to best suit customers’ needs. Of course, it continues to offer the great features that have made it one of the most popular vehicles in its class, including a dump bed, refined handling and Honda’s legendary reliability.
  • Colors (MSRP)
    • Pioneer 700-4 Forest: Honda Phantom Camo® ($16,899)
    • Pioneer 700 Forest: Honda Phantom Camo ($15,399)
    • Pioneer 700-4 Deluxe: Red; Reactor Blue ($14,899)
    • Pioneer 700 Deluxe: Red; Reactor Blue ($13,399)
    • Pioneer 700-4: Olive; Black ($13,299)
    • Pioneer 700: Olive; Black ($11,799)
View attachment 347382View attachment 347387View attachment 347388View attachment 347389View attachment 347390View attachment 347392View attachment 347393View attachment 347394View attachment 347395
Where is the full cab heat and air package?????

H

HondaTech

Seeing the new model upgrades makes me want one, but mine will have to do. One thing I was surprised about was, last summer, I had to add coolant. My son’s P1000 doesn’t require it being a closed system. I was surprised but now I keep my eye on it and carry fluid.

All Honda SXS cooling systems are "closed" the only way it can get out is leaks, burning it, or boiling over.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
NEW FOR 2023

• Added Storage: The storage volume is nearly twice that of the previous generation, and the glove box is the largest of any Honda side-by-side. The Forest version includes additional under-dash storage.
  • Tilt Steering: A new tilt steering wheel enables fine-tuned comfort, in addition to improved vehicle ingress and egress.
  • Beverage Holders: The front-door-mounted beverage holders have been redesigned to hold tumbler-size cups.
  • Pre-wired Accessory Connector: For all Pioneer 700 versions, a pre-wired panel is provided under the hood to simplify installation of Honda and aftermarket electronic accessories.
  • Dash Switch Panel: Also to facilitate clean installation of electronic accessories, pre-wired switches are integrated in the dash on all Pioneer 700 versions.
  • In-Bed Outlet: The Pioneer 700 Forest, Deluxe and EPS versions now have a handy 12-volt accessory receptacle in the bed, enabling use of electronic devices like coolers, work lights, food warmers, sprayers, air compressors and more.
  • Winch: The Pioneer 700 Forest comes standard with a 4,500-pound-capacity winch for removing obstacles and providing peace of mind in rugged conditions.
  • New Meter: All Pioneer 700 versions now have a new dash meter that's twice the size of the previous generation, for improved visibility.
  • Bed Lights: For locating gear in low-light conditions—for example, selecting a fishing lure—the Pioneer 700 Forest, Deluxe and EPS come with dual bed lights.
  • Wheels: The Forest and Deluxe come standard with black aluminum wheels, while the EPS and standard versions have steel wheels.
  • Accessories: To customize the vehicle to owners' needs, there are over 76 accessories for the Pioneer 700—including 13 new accessories. Examples include a snowplow, a glass windshield and a GPS, part of a wide range of options available to adapt the Pioneer 700 to specific applications.
  • Electric Power Steering: Deluxe, Forest and EPS versions come with updated Electric Power Steering that increases torque assist by more than 25%, improves handling and features a new “Return to Center” function that improves responsiveness and reduces steering effort.
  • Protection: Adding to Honda's legendary durability, quality and reliability, the Pioneer 700 is designed with additional floor toughness, a new radiator-fan vent tube, increased frame strength-to-weight ratio and revised front and rear driveshaft boots that improve puncture resistance.
That's all nice and well, but the parts that need upgrading...Honda seems to be ignoring. Not that it's a surprise.

S

Sudani

Jul 20, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
All Honda SXS cooling systems are "closed" the only way it can get out is leaks, burning it, or boiling over.
Well, last summer the light came on after the break in period, the reservoir was low so I added coolant. I checked the manual on what to do. Shortly after was my first scheduled maintenance. No problem since but it gets stored in winter. Next maintenance due soon. I’m no mechanic. My heat shield should be here soon. I’m hoping it’s an easy install so I can do it. Thanks.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
HondaTech is correct. Your cooling systems is a closed system. Any ideas where the coolant is going, leaking, puddles on the garage floor, etc???? You need to troubleshoot that problem. You should not have to carry coolant to keep your rig going.

S

Sudani

Jul 20, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
HondaTech is correct. Your cooling systems is a closed system. Any ideas where the coolant is going, leaking, puddles on the garage floor, etc???? You need to troubleshoot that problem. You should not have to carry coolant to keep your rig going.
No problem since last summer. Maybe it wasn’t filled to begin with. No drips as it was in my son’s garage this past winter. I mentioned it to the tech on the first maintenance appt.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the insight for all new owners. Everyone needs to check the fluids,. at the dealership, before taking ownership. Just my thoughts to protect your investment.

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Still no transmission upgrade?

Insert appropriate curse word here:

Was riding with a 700 in Colorado at 12k feet and the 700 couldn’t make a steepish small hill at that elevation. Floored just sat there. Needs a low range at least or better yet 6 speed auto with H and L like the 1000.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The 700 needs two things before I'd be interested... 1. A decent transmission, like the Pioneer 500 or 1000 has, and 2. the ability to cruise at 50 mph without redlining, like all the other good SXS's.

Still no transmission upgrade?

Insert appropriate curse word here:

Was riding with a 700 in Colorado at 12k feet and the 700 couldn’t make a steepish small hill at that elevation. Floored just sat there. Needs a low range at least or better yet 6 speed auto with H and L like the 1000.

Exactly. Even adding a low range to the existing machine (with no other changes) would be a huge deal. It does ok down near earth...but I could never recommend a 700 to someone in Colorado or Utah. It just struggles up there. But...i guess those shiny new gauges will confirm you aren't moving...

Honda should have ued the hydrostatic drive from the 500 rubicon on the Pioneer 700. That would be better than that flat land only 3 speed transmission. I'd love to have a 700 for use around the house and it would work for that but I don't like the 3 speed.
I've always wondered why this transmission wasn't expanded further than the Rubicon and Rancher AT. It was such a beautifully smooth device...and if you believe Honda, that's one reason it wasn't expanded upon.

I distinctly remember when the Rincon came out that Honda said the reason for its new transmission was that riders complained that the Rubicon tranny was "too smooth". Sounds like a lot of BS to me. Would one really buy an "automatic" and not expect some level of smoothness?

Another thing Honda said was that type of tranny was better suited to lower output engines. I also remember them allegedly building a prototype for formula One, which promptly got banned by the governing body. I don't usually think of formula One engines as being "lower output".

I've often wondered if the reason is that Honda realized that maybe it wasn't living up to their durability standards? And yes, there are several examples of rubicon's out there with 20,000 + miles, but it seems a lot of them failed sooner and usually because of the transmission. I know the unit itself, according to Honda, was not serviceable, and last I checked many years ago it was like $1,200 for the unit. A few people did actually offer rebuilding service off of craigslist, etc so it is possible, but beyond what most people want to deal with.

And certainly, that was not a transmission you want to swamp or get lazy with oil changes...even as transmissions go.

The original Honda Rubicon might be the smoothest most enjoyable ATV I've ever owned because of that transmission. Never mind that it was still saddled with full time four wheel drive, a solid axle, and 1950s brake technology. It was a great example of exactly what used to make Honda Honda.

D

Docwilles

Sep 30, 2020
McGill Nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
I agree that the 700 needs a new transmission, it also needs a better suspension. A low range and some Fox Shocks would go a long way. I live in the Nevada mountains at 6200 feet and all my riding is from there going up. There are many places I just don’t dare try, seems l‘m allergic to backing down steep mountains. Breaks me out in hives…

O

okdinosaur

Jun 5, 2022
california
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Looking to buy
The 700 is meant to work, and the 3 speed torque converter trans works great for that because it’s reliable and low maintenance. It’s the most reliable, lowest maintenance, simplest sxs powertrain you can get.

If you want something that’s also fun for recreation, with the trade off being less reliable, then get the 1000.

People in here asking for a “better” transmission, more power, and more suspension travel… do you not realize that’s exactly what the 1000 is? You’re asking for them to change the 700 which is a simple work machine and turn it into what the 1000 already is. Makes no sense to me.

Adding a low range could be a nice addition, but considering the powertrain is just plucked out of the rincon I doubt they’ll touch it, they probably want to keep everything the same between the two to keep costs down.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!