BOX1

P1000 28 tensor regulators dlx rims

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After tire puncture #2 i bit the bullet and bought these 28x10-14 tensor regulators. 8 ply steel belted dot radials. Just mounted em and went for a ride. From the min i sat down i could tell a difference. Went for a nice ride @ the farm. WOW. Entire machine felt better. More stable handled low shifting better, super quiet on the road and felt like a whole new machine.

I think the larger fronts contributed alot. Not sure how they will handle mud, but my machines not used for that.

As an all around tire they feel amazing. Now our township is about to approve sxs on roads these will work great

Anyone wanna buy 3 maxxis bighorns?!
20160630 204105
20160630 211028

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After tire puncture #2 i bit the bullet and bought these 28x10-14 tensor regulators. 8 ply steel belted dot radials. Just mounted em and went for a ride. From the min i sat down i could tell a difference. Went for a nice ride @ the farm. WOW. Entire machine felt better. More stable handled low shifting better, super quiet on the road and felt like a whole new machine.

I think the larger fronts contributed alot. Not sure how they will handle mud, but my machines not used for that.

As an all around tire they feel amazing. Now our township is about to approve sxs on roads these will work great

Anyone wanna buy 3 maxxis bighorns?!View attachment 17719 View attachment 17720
They look great I absolutely love mine. What psi are you running? Mine seems great at 8-10psi

Reactions: CumminsPusher
ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They look great I absolutely love mine. What psi are you running? Mine seems great at 8-10psi
Right now they are at 15, Which they "recommend for flat riding" When they are broken in a bit and fall/winter comes i'll adjust then. I cant believe how quiet they are, and how solid they feel. Maybe its been the last week of riding the Pioneer 500 thats making me go crazy but the 1000 feels like a whole new machine, steering feels smoother, less rolling effect, better all around. I would highly recommend them.

Reactions: Jakey and Plumber32
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Right on if you get to the trail don't be afraid to drop the psi, I ran through mud for a couple days in Tennessee and they performed flawless, also they did great in the snow. Your right about less rolling resistance,and being quiet. Glad you like them

Reactions: Rhino-F350
L

Luv4Chaos1

Aug 1, 2016
Pinckney, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stock wheels? Notice any performance drop?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am interested in these tires as I do mostly gravel roads but have to run down a fair bit of asphalt to get there. My biggest concern is when I get down by the river, sometimes it gets a bit greasy with wet grass, mud etc. on some of the trails and hills. Will I be giving up much traction in those areas? If so, I just may have to bite the bullet and keep replacing the stockers with something similar as they have worked pretty well for me thus far.

Redmist

Redmist

Jun 9, 2016
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is your Pioneer stock height, if so do these clear with no problem. I also want to go to 28" tires but do not want to lift mine.

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am interested in these tires as I do mostly gravel roads but have to run down a fair bit of asphalt to get there. My biggest concern is when I get down by the river, sometimes it gets a bit greasy with wet grass, mud etc. on some of the trails and hills. Will I be giving up much traction in those areas? If so, I just may have to bite the bullet and keep replacing the stockers with something similar as they have worked pretty well for me thus far.

I can't comment on muddy riding with these most of my riding is farm fields/gravel/paved roads. It did spin up a bit more on the wet grass then the BH's when I would gas it. I know @Plumber32 has a set also on his 100 and does more trail riding in Northern WI, maybe he has encountered more difficult terrain and could chime in. I'm gonna run these this winter with a 72in V-plow. If they cant handle the snow. Then I'll get a more aggressive winter set

ButchersHook

ButchersHook

May 13, 2015
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is your Pioneer stock height, if so do these clear with no problem. I also want to go to 28" tires but do not want to lift mine.

Stock height, no rubbing what so ever.

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
How do they fit the narrow front and wide rear factory wheels since these 4 tires are same size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I can't comment on muddy riding with these most of my riding is farm fields/gravel/paved roads. It did spin up a bit more on the wet grass then the BH's when I would gas it. I know @Plumber32 has a set also on his 100 and does more trail riding in Northern WI, maybe he has encountered more difficult terrain and could chime in. I'm gonna run these this winter with a 72in V-plow. If they cant handle the snow. Then I'll get a more aggressive winter set
On my 700 they did very well in the snow riding and plowing. I had them through quite a bit of mud and they were great. Wasn't skeg but normal mud in Tennessee and farm fields ect. You'll run out of ground clearance before you run out of traction.

Reactions: Rhino-F350
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Stock height, no rubbing what so ever.
I forgot @Plummer32 was running these. I've been looking for a set of streets for mine probably late spring next year thanks for bringing it back up! Great looking tire that's what we want for partial year! I'll bet that runs out incredible!! Thanks so much ButchersHook! That's the tire!
I won't be forgetting now it's under my watch list!

Sent from iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: Luv4Chaos1
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wouldn't worry. If these were on a truck they would be considered a mud tire. And the pioneer weighs as much as a truck.well close anyways

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wouldn't worry. If these were on a truck they would be considered a mud tire. And the pioneer weighs as much as a truck.well close anyways
You would lose some but are you running in those areas in 4loc now? Maybe you'd just have to click a setting up on the 4wd department. A truck tire would outlive utv tires 5-1 probably.

Reactions: Jakey
rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm running the tensors as well and love them. If you run much blacktop or hardpac they are great tires....feels like you are driving a truck they are so smooth. Off road they are a little rougher but I still would not trade them!!

D

Dasmoeturhead

I'm guessing I'd have plenty of clearance with these tires on my P3 with the stock 12" wheels. Idk.

Reactions: Plumber32
D

Dasmoeturhead

Has anybody put theses Tensor Regulators on a p1k-3 with stock steel wheels. I think the tires are 27x10x12. I'm wondering if that size will fit OK on all four corners.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!