P1000 2nd battery wiring question.

MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought the true kit from the club store. Also got the key on adapter so I didn’t have to tap a wire. For now all I’m installing is a winch.

1. what else do I need to buy?
2. what is the key on power adapter for?
3. can I hook the neg from the true isolator to the neg battery post?
4. the kit came with an 80a relay. What is it for?

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought the true kit from the club store. Also got the key on adapter so I didn’t have to tap a wire. For now all I’m installing is a winch.

1. what else do I need to buy?
2. what is the key on power adapter for?
3. can I hook the neg from the true isolator to the neg battery post?
4. the kit came with an 80a relay. What is it for?

1. Stinger relay, if you want a fuse box.
2. The adapter runs off of your 12v acc from the 12v plug. It has a red wire coming off of it for you to run your "key on trigger"
3. There is no negative on the tru isolator. They are both positive. Read the directions. They are fairly easy to follow.
4. The 80amp relay like the stinger?
This transfers 12v + to your fuse box if you so choose.

In this pic my stinger is on the left and my winch control is on the right.

0582afb10c866495007fe14b56d12b1f

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used the key on adapter and ran the red wire to a buss block so I could then run all of the things I wanted to be triggered, stinger, isolator, winch relay to be hot when key was on. I also screwed a black buss bar to the cross bar above where the second battery goes, and ran the factory winch ground to that, then grounded the second battery stinger, volt meters and fuse block to that.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
If all you have rt now is a winch you should be good to go. You will want a fuse box later and that’s when you need the stinger. So this is a good starting point. Follow instructions for kit. Yes you can hook ground from isolator to 2nd battery. Relay runs dual volt meter and since it already has two hot wires going to it acts as a ground but hook up is simple. Relay - Black to ground on 2nd battery one green to volt meter ( one green is extra so just tape it up) Red is hooked to key on wire.

MuskyHunter

MuskyHunter

Sep 2, 2020
Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If all you have rt now is a winch you should be good to go. You will want a fuse box later and that’s when you need the stinger. So this is a good starting point. Follow instructions for kit. Yes you can hook ground from isolator to 2nd battery. Relay runs dual volt meter and since it already has two hot wires going to it acts as a ground but hook up is simple. Relay - Black to ground on 2nd battery one green to volt meter ( one green is extra so just tape it up) Red is hooked to key on wire.
I have dual volt meter so relay to AUX and main battery to main on volt meter?

Reactions: Wsmithgunworks
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The true kit comes with a wire to run from the isolator to the meter. One to each side of isolator then to back of meter. It’s a blue wire and green wire inside a blue casing. The relay has 4 wires. 1 black 1 red 2 green Black to ground. You can use 2nd batt. Red to key on wire from the club. Green goes to meter instructions tell you 2nd green is extra so I just taped it up.

JoeyL

JoeyL

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2020
Houston
Ownership

1. 1000-5
here are a couple of good threads on this that should help

also i put 3 wiring diagram examples in this post you can look at

the Wiring Diagram Simplified 2 file uses a stinger relay and fuse box for accessories, where the accessories are activated with key on power

the Wiring Diagram Simplified 3 file is set up so the accessories on the fuse block are always on

the Wiring Diagram file is more complicated and you can switch the accessories from key on, to always on, or off

also note that i have an AXON winch shown so yours will be wired differently if it is any other winch than an AXON, just connect it to your second battery and wire it as shown in the instructions.

Reactions: MuskyHunter
Obr1en

Obr1en

Supporting Member
Aug 2, 2020
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for these links, very helpful for my install!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!