BOX1

P1000 3 years in build

joshborton

joshborton

Apr 13, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Going into the third riding season in Minnesota, I figured it was time to get my machine posted and force myself to document it all.

PV3, steering column mounted

K&N Filter

Interior lights-Amazon “Jeep” rollbar mounts

Dash- Rough Country

Aux fan under seat

Seat insulation

Vent lines

JBL Subwoofer under seat and capacitor

Turn signals/horn- TurnPro

Winch- Warn

Hitch spare tire holder

Off-road jack

Powerbass sound bar

Weatherstripping around doors

Ram phone mount

Rear view mirror- Seizmik

License plate holder

reverse lights and club store harness

Shy Bull Fam mesh rear panel

Honda Roof

Front Bumper light

Switch panel

Second battery, battery isolator

Windshield- UTV801

Door Bottle holders

Rotopax, mounted to back seat

Fender flares- Mud busters XL

Wheels and tires- Can-Am take-offs.

Side mirrors-Seizmik

Front plastics were faded, painted with Raptor Liner Red.

75A1217A AB16 442F 9A42 BB00BE569690
3AC8D391 903C 410C A250 67AFBEEFC44D

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Going into the third riding season in Minnesota, I figured it was time to get my machine posted and force myself to document it all.

PV3, steering column mounted

K&N Filter

Interior lights-Amazon “Jeep” rollbar mounts

Dash- Rough Country

Aux fan under seat

Seat insulation

Vent lines

JBL Subwoofer under seat and capacitor

Turn signals/horn- TurnPro

Winch- Warn

Hitch spare tire holder

Off-road jack

Powerbass sound bar

Weatherstripping around doors

Ram phone mount

Rear view mirror- Seizmik

License plate holder

reverse lights and club store harness

Shy Bull Fam mesh rear panel

Honda Roof

Front Bumper light

Switch panel

Second battery, battery isolator

Windshield- UTV801

Door Bottle holders

Rotopax, mounted to back seat

Fender flares- Mud busters XL

Wheels and tires- Can-Am take-offs.

Side mirrors-Seizmik

Front plastics were faded, painted with Raptor Liner Red.

View attachment 388781 View attachment 388782

Sub woofer shot with plastics backView attachment 388783

Hidden when closed up
View attachment 388785
Good looking buggy 👍
Pretty good list of upgrades done, do you not have a aftermarket skid?

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been thinking about adding a sub, that looks like a good location. What size is it, and is it self-powered or are you running a separate amp?

I'm assuming it's marine grade?

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Good looking buggy 👍
Pretty good list of upgrades done, do you not have a aftermarket skid?
Meh, who needs a skid when you got a 14" sub and door bottle holders? :D

Looks good, @joshborton!

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
joshborton

joshborton

Apr 13, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been thinking about adding a sub, that looks like a good location. What size is it, and is it self-powered or are you running a separate amp?

I'm assuming it's marine grade?
10in powered marine grade. The spot is tighter than it looks, it is a weird shaped spot.

Reactions: Rayger143
joshborton

joshborton

Apr 13, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Meh, who needs a skid when you got a 14" sub and door bottle holders? :D

Looks good, @joshborton!
I haven’t broken the plastic skid, haven’t seen a need to swap it yet. I was hoping to avoid the subwoofer, but not of the sound bars seemed to have any bass. It’s almost like they did that on purpose to sell their subwoofers.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I haven’t broken the plastic skid, haven’t seen a need to swap it yet....
It's not a matter of breaking the OEM skid, it's a matter of actually having something to protect the under side of the buggy. The OEM skid is among other things.....just a cheap dust cover (if that) money well spent IMO for both rider's safety and protecting the under carriage

My 2 cents...

joshborton

joshborton

Apr 13, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's not a matter of breaking the OEM skid, it's a matter of actually having something to protect the under side of the buggy. The OEM skid is among other things.....just a cheap dust cover (if that) money well spent IMO for both rider's safety and protecting the under carriage

My 2 cents...
It’s a little better than a dust cover, the gouges in mine have protected it from the roots and stumps i encounter on the trails. Most of the time when I hit the plate, it is a rut in some dirt or sand. The plate is way down on the list, suspension and exhaust will be next.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I haven’t broken the plastic skid, haven’t seen a need to swap it yet. I was hoping to avoid the subwoofer, but not of the sound bars seemed to have any bass. It’s almost like they did that on purpose to sell their subwoofers.

Gotta ride on some actual trails, not your back 40. :)

It’s a little better than a dust cover, the gouges in mine have protected it from the roots and stumps i encounter on the trails. Most of the time when I hit the plate, it is a rut in some dirt or sand. The plate is way down on the list, suspension and exhaust will be next.

Better leave some room on that list (and money in your pocket) for replacing broken parts - parts that will get broken because you're still running that G-string.

Best o luck!

joshborton

joshborton

Apr 13, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gotta ride on some actual trails, not your back 40. :)

Better leave some room on that list (and money in your pocket) for replacing broken parts - parts that will get broken because you're still running that G-string.

Best o luck!
If I break parts, I have an excuse to upgrade. I’m a project manager, I know how to work project expenditures. Get the good stuff in early and covered so that the other purchases can be justified later.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
If I break parts, I have an excuse to upgrade. I’m a project manager, I know how to work project expenditures. Get the good stuff in early and covered so that the other purchases can be justified later.
I'm a Director of IT. I know risk management, recovery, and remediation. We don't wait for failures that result in catastrophic events - we try to be proactive to avoid the negative impacts. It would not be wise for me to tell Ford Motor Company that they have to wait 2 days for a solution to arrive because I didn't want to pay for pen testing or endpoint protection and, instead, opted to "wait for something bad to happen first".

Bro, nobody is telling you what you HAVE to do. We're telling you what you SHOULD do. It's up to you to manage your own risk.

If you're OK being broken down on the trail in the middle of nowhere at dusk and you don't mind waiting for a tow, replacing parts that could have been spared by a smaller preventative measure, or otherwise waiting for chit to break at the most inconvenient time, that's on you. But waiting on things to break isn't a good strategy in my opinion.

Again, it's all your choice. Manage how you see fit, of course!

Last edited:
joshborton

joshborton

Apr 13, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm a Director of IT. I know risk management, recovery, and remediation. We don't wait for failures that result in catastrophic events - we try to be proactive to avoid the negative impacts. It would not be wise for me to tell Ford Motor Company that they have to wait 2 days for a solution to arrive because I didn't want to pay for pen testing or endpoint protection and, instead, opted to "wait for something bad to happen first".

Bro, nobody is telling you what you HAVE to do. We're telling you what you SHOULD do. It's up to you to manage your own risk.

If you're OK being broken down on the trail in the middle of nowhere at dusk and you don't mind waiting for a tow, replacing parts that could have been spared by a smaller preventative measure, or otherwise waiting for chit to break at the most inconvenient time, that's on you. But waiting on things to break isn't a good strategy in my opinion.

Again, it's all your choice. Manage how you see fit, of course!
Avoidance is solid risk management as well. As I said, the trails here haven’t shown any reason for me to prioritize it. It would be like putting on a snorkel for the 4 inches in the creek crossing. I get the potential for disaster, but it isn’t likely for the trails I’ve seen.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Avoidance is solid risk management as well. As I said, the trails here haven’t shown any reason for me to prioritize it. It would be like putting on a snorkel for the 4 inches in the creek crossing. I get the potential for disaster, but it isn’t likely for the trails I’ve seen.
Not going to say a dang thing!

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We’ll see. If it breaks, it will move up the list. Unless the trails have degraded significantly, it can wait until after the shocks and exhaust.
Come on down to the TO at RRB Next weekend and RRB will change your mind on that ;) 🥳

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!