P700 30” tires

R

Red Dawg

Mar 14, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guys wanting get my 700-4 capable of following the big boys in the trails. I’m thinking of lift/offset wheels /30” tires. What’s the best way of doing that without buying portals? Also it needs to be stable on hillsides also. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
A very bad idea.

30" tires will effectively change the overall gearing from the ratios carefully selected and tested by Honda engineers to provide adequate acceleration, hill-climbing power, and top speed to the weakest SxS ever manufactured. You would hate it.

The 700cc engine lacks the torque required to pull such large diameter tires. I wouldn't put 30" tires on my P1000.

R

Red Dawg

Mar 14, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
So adding a little more weight to its driveline will cause it to be horrible? That’s crazy. I’ve got 28’s on it right now and can’t tell any difference. I’ve also got a Teryx 800 with 30’s and it’s just fine. Is there anyone that offers offset a arms or anything like that for the p700?

R

Red Dawg

Mar 14, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’ve been in the sxs scene for years so I know how it all works. I just can’t find anything good for the p700. Am I just looking in the wrong places?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
It's not the weight of the tires although adding un-sprung weight to the light duty suspension components is another mistake that will result in shortening the service life of suspension components and early failure.

It's gearing. The factory-installed wheels and tires were probably 27" diameter. Replacing them with 30" diameter wheels and tires is roughly the equivalent of removing the lower gears from the transmission and always starting in top gear.

If you don't understand the basic rules of physics it makes little difference if you've owned SxS's ten years or ten minutes.

If you already know all the answers why come here and ask questions?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So adding a little more weight to its driveline will cause it to be horrible? That’s crazy. I’ve got 28’s on it right now and can’t tell any difference. I’ve also got a Teryx 800 with 30’s and it’s just fine. Is there anyone that offers offset a arms or anything like that for the p700?
If you're running 28's and "can't tell a difference", then your riding isn't very demanding, so you might be ok with 30's.

@Alan_Vander might know about a arms and such...

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
So adding a little more weight to its driveline will cause it to be horrible?
Yup like @HBarlow stated above!

I just can’t find anything good for the p700. Am I just looking in the wrong places?
The P7 is a good dependable machine, but when people start doing what your trying to accomplish in most cases move on to the P1

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Moorhead or Danny Duncan make forward arms. I have the Danny Duncan . First Pic is with 28s second pic is with 29s no lift

20220511 181009 20220205 163742

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Elevation where the machine is operated will make a big difference with performance and larger wheels and tires, particularly with the P5 and P7.

Naturally aspirated engines lose power as elevation increases.

Last edited:
R

Red Dawg

Mar 14, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Now that’s what I’m talking about osobad. That machine can hang with the big boys in the trails. I’m not looking for high performance because I know the p700 with never have it. I’m looking for something that will make it through deep ruts,rocks,over logs, maybe a little bit of hill climbing. Do you happen to know how to contact either of those places for the a arms? I’ll buy a set today 😂

R

Red Dawg

Mar 14, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Also I’ve learned over the years that if you have your rig setup the right way you don’t have to dog the crap out of it to get down through the trails. Unless your climbing a cliff or mud bogging. So I think I’ll be fine with bigger tires. It’s just gonna be a cruiser/trail crawler.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Now that’s what I’m talking about osobad. That machine can hang with the big boys in the trails. I’m not looking for high performance because I know the p700 with never have it. I’m looking for something that will make it through deep ruts,rocks,over logs, maybe a little bit of hill climbing. Do you happen to know how to contact either of those places for the a arms? I’ll buy a set today 😂
Danny Duncan ( Facebook) moorehead offroad engineering. In my experience the 700 will do better climbing with somewhat bigger tires than trying to get it to spin them in really tick mud. It is never goning to be on 1000 level but I have had it in the Mt of Tennessee and only used 4wd once. I was suprised how well it actually climbed. Now that said I dont think I would be doing 4 up adult riding. It was said that the 700 with a little bigger tire will go where the others will. I believe that . I dont think you need to go to 30s and would recomend 27-28. Maybe 29 bighorns.

R

Red Dawg

Mar 14, 2022
Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok thanks osobad! That’s exactly the answers I was looking for.

Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!