P1000m5 30” Zillas

T

TJW

Apr 28, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone! This is my first actual post on the forum but I’ve been browsing for the past few weeks and getting plenty of great suggestions and ideas. I just recently bought a Pioneer 1000-5 LE. Me and a few friends went mudding last weekend and we were all pretty skeptical with how the I-4WD was gonna perform in the mud, but it definitely surprised us all with its capabilities. But I know it’ll do a lot better with bigger tires and a lift, which brings me to a question. I’m about to buy a set of Maxxis Zillas, 2 30x9-14 for the front, and 2 30x11-14 for the rear a long with a set of 4 wheels with a 5+2 offset. A couple of friends recommended the Zillas and I’ve seen a lot of great reviews. I ordered the High Lifter Snorkel Kit and it’s sitting at the house just ready to be installed. I’m also going to put a lift on it, I just haven’t decided how tall, I was thinking a 3” or 4”. So my question is, will I need to get spacers for the front wheels or will a 30” Zilla clear it without? If so, how big? I don’t want the wheels protruding out much more than the current stock setup I know I’ll need to turn the Fox shocks cylinders inwards from what I’ve read due to the tires rubbing the cylinders.

Thanks again, y’all and I look forward to being apart of the community! :)

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hey everyone! This is my first actual post on the forum but I’ve been browsing for the past few weeks and getting plenty of great suggestions and ideas. I just recently bought a Pioneer 1000-5 LE. Me and a few friends went mudding last weekend and we were all pretty skeptical with how the I-4WD was gonna perform in the mud, but it definitely surprised us all with its capabilities. But I know it’ll do a lot better with bigger tires and a lift, which brings me to a question. I’m about to buy a set of Maxxis Zillas, 2 30x9-14 for the front, and 2 30x11-14 for the rear a long with a set of 4 wheels with a 5+2 offset. A couple of friends recommended the Zillas and I’ve seen a lot of great reviews. I ordered the High Lifter Snorkel Kit and it’s sitting at the house just ready to be installed. I’m also going to put a lift on it, I just haven’t decided how tall, I was thinking a 3” or 4”. So my question is, will I need to get spacers for the front wheels or will a 30” Zilla clear it without? If so, how big? I don’t want the wheels protruding out much more than the current stock setup I know I’ll need to turn the Fox shocks cylinders inwards from what I’ve read due to the tires rubbing the cylinders.

Thanks again, y’all and I look forward to being apart of the community! :)
Probably need forward a arms, but I'm no expert, I'm a plumber, but deal with a lot of mud at work, try to stay away from it! HA!

Reactions: TJW
T

TJW

Apr 28, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The mud calls to me! Is there anyway I can avoid doing the forward a arms? Maybe go with a 29” in the front with the 30” in the rear? I would just put an extra inch lift on the front to level it out. What’s the true size of a Zilla? I’ve seen people say they run short but then others say they run true.

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The mud calls to me! Is there anyway I can avoid doing the forward a arms? Maybe go with a 29” in the front with the 30” in the rear? I would just put an extra inch lift on the front to level it out. What’s the true size of a Zilla? I’ve seen people say they run short but then others say they run true.

I have 29” big horns on my 2016 1000-3. No rubbing. Close, but no rubbing. You’ll want to stay with same diameter front and rear. Especially with the i4wd system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

ATM0816

May 30, 2017
North carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am currently running Outlaw 2 28’s and have a little rub at full turn but that’s it. I have a HL lift on and my HL forward A-arms will be here this weekend and will go up to the 29.5’s after that. Love my Outlaw 2’s and we ride a lot of deep thick mud.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!