P1000 30" tires

aarthur

aarthur

Oct 7, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone running offset a-arms with 30" tires and no other mods at all? I am looking at TTC a-arms to be able to fit 30's but I want to make sure there will not be a noticeable loss in power if I leave everything else stock. My first thought was to go with 28's but the advantage of 30's on the rocky trails I ride in my opinion will be worth it.

Reactions: Smitty335
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am sure someone will chime in soon but I have heard of others running that combination.

Food for thought
I went with 28s to help with gearing versus 30s.

Reactions: Smitty335
aarthur

aarthur

Oct 7, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tons of people! Im one but ……
Search it. Enjoy your reading journey ;)
You went from 28’s to 30’s, do you feel like there was a noticeable difference in how it does on the trails? I ride most of the time with a guy that has a rzr with 32’s and he can go up some hills just rolling over some rocks like nothing and I’ll sometime struggle getting over them. I do understand they are completely different machines but I love the pioneer plus the look on their faces after I get through some of the tougher stuff …

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You went from 28’s to 30’s, do you feel like there was a noticeable difference in how it does on the trails? I ride most of the time with a guy that has a rzr with 32’s and he can go up some hills just rolling over some rocks like nothing and I’ll sometime struggle getting over them. I do understand they are completely different machines but I love the pioneer plus the look on their faces after I get through some of the tougher stuff …
I’ve seen built pioneers do things that sport machines struggle with. It all depends on the build.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Having had 28s and 30s, I wouldn't go back to 28s. The 30s do roll over obstacles easier and the Pioneer generally has enough power to turn them. The ride quality, traction, ability to climb obstacles is well worth any other downside. You'll likely loose some indicated top speed on the speedometer but other than that you should be happy.

Tie rods and a-arms tabs become a weaker link. There will be times you get a little tire rub.

aarthur

aarthur

Oct 7, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Having had 28s and 30s, I wouldn't go back to 28s. The 30s do roll over obstacles easier and the Pioneer generally has enough power to turn them. The ride quality, traction, ability to climb obstacles is well worth any other downside. You'll likely loose some indicated top speed on the speedometer but other than that you should be happy.

Tie rods and a-arms tabs become a weaker link. There will be times you get a little tire rub.
Thanks for that response! I'm not too worried about top speed my concern is mainly having the power to turn them going up steeper hills but it sounds like that shouldn't be a problem. I didn't like the idea of being reserved and going to 28s if the power loss difference was negligible compared to the benefit of 30s. I am looking at TTC a-arms and they come with tie rods which i'm hoping are stronger than factory and the a-arm tabs... well I think I am just going to have to deal with that and make my own if it becomes an issue.

Last edited:
aarthur

aarthur

Oct 7, 2021
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve seen built pioneers do things that sport machines struggle with. It all depends on the build.

Am I seeing that correctly? From what I found you are running 30s with only wheel spacers, no lift or offset a-arms... I have the RB3 spacers but those supergrips look like they fit too good to not have a lift or offset arms

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Am I seeing that correctly? From what I found you are running 30s with only wheel spacers, no lift or offset a-arms... I have the RB3 spacers but those supergrips look like they fit too good to not have a lift or offset arms
Yes he has offset SATV arms

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You went from 28’s to 30’s, do you feel like there was a noticeable difference in how it does on the trails? I ride most of the time with a guy that has a POO POO FIRE TRAP RZR with 32’s and he can go up some hills just rolling over some rocks like nothing and I’ll sometime struggle getting over them. I do understand they are completely different machines but I love the pioneer plus the look on their faces after I get through some of the tougher stuff …
Fixed it for ya! ;) Id ride as far back as you can from that poo poo if i were you!🤣

Yes the 30’s are great and help. Bogged the machine down a bit cuz the tire is heavier but depending what your doing your fine. If your in the Rock crawling durby you need a gear reduction or a tune. I have the rare top secrete :cool: Snuff tune that helped alot and Im happy with it. I also have RB3 spacers( I recommend for 30’s) and SATV arms plus some aftermarket shocks to add some pre load to hep with some hight and from bottoming out
75293672 A93F 4283 AB63 1A3B419DC223

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Super Atv arms front and rear. Wheel spacers and spacer lift on factory shocks.

Russ989

Russ989

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This was at Stoney Lonesome in Alabama, I was glad I spent the money settling it up right. I’d like to do some suspension work next.

BAA2378F BA61 4DBD 99D5 D105B05F2FAA

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!