P1000 30x10-12 Blackwater Evo's Actual Size on Stock Rims?

Lantz

Lantz

Oct 5, 2015
I remember seeing a post where someone had these tires (30x10-12 Blackwater Evo's) mounted up on stock 12" rims. I was wondering if anyone had a height measurement the front wheels. I know the 14" variant of this wheel runs small, but what about the 12"?

I'm trying to figure out if I can run these tires with the Super ATV front A-Arms & my trail armor skid?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There's a member named @downske that has those. Maybe he will see this and measure for you.

He is running a strong made lift and stock steel wheels and it all seems to work good.

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!

Reactions: pct, SFC and sharp
downske

downske

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2015
Grant, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 12" variant also runs small. I run 30x10r12 on all four. I'll get a measurement as soon as I get home. I absolutely love them. @joeymt33 is correct on everything, but my wheels, they are sti beadlocks.

This is the only picture I have on my phone.

IMG 3548

Reactions: pct and sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The 12" variant also runs small. I run 30x10r12 on all four. I'll get a measurement as soon as I get home. I absolutely love them. @joeymt33 is correct on everything, but my wheels, they are sti beadlocks.

This is the only picture I have on my phone.

View attachment 27310

Oh yeah, I don't know why I thought you had the oem steel. I think it's smart to have the 12" wheel and get that extra cushion.

Reactions: pct and sharp
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like to consider different and taller tires, but clearenece into the garages is an issue for me.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
Lantz

Lantz

Oct 5, 2015
Thanks for the pics and info, much help.
Whats that metal piece on your upper front a arm?

I really like that setup, I assume it gives you the ability to rotate your tires, with the same size wheel and tire all the way around.
Did you use the itp lugnuts with those wheels?
How hard were the beadlocks to install?

Do you notice much gearing change with the taller tires?

Last edited:
Reactions: pct
downske

downske

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2015
Grant, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The metal piece is the bracket for the strongmade lift. Being able to rotate the tires is definitely a positive to me. I do have 1.25" spacers on the rear to bring them out even with the front tires.

Three of tires slid right on the wheels with just soap and water. The fourth was a little more difficult. I had to use all my 230lbs jumping on it to get it on! Haha. Maybe I was just a little tired by then...

I didn't notice much change at all in the gearing, although, I didn't put many miles on it with the factory tires.

I measured the width before, not sure, but I believe it was 66"

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
BigCypress73

BigCypress73

Apr 14, 2016
florida
Thanks for the information! im upgrading from the 27" BW to the 30'S. Im adding the super atv arched arms for better clearance, and the new fox QS3 shocks. Please let me know if you have any pointers for me regarding any of this. I will send out whatever info I learn once we are done. Im tired of bottoming out in the potholes and rocks of the everglades.

Reactions: pct and JTW
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thanks for the information! im upgrading from the 27" BW to the 30'S. Im adding the super atv arched arms for better clearance, and the new fox QS3 shocks. Please let me know if you have any pointers for me regarding any of this. I will send out whatever info I learn once we are done. Im tired of bottoming out in the potholes and rocks of the everglades.

That combination should work perfect even without any lift.

Reactions: pct, SFC and sharp
BigCypress73

BigCypress73

Apr 14, 2016
florida
I have 12" wheels and they do not fit with the highlighter front A arms with 1.5 offset. The inside of the wheel rubs the a arm. Now im having to buy 14" wheels, or spacers. The problem with spacers is you need a 1" in front to clear wheel rubbing, which means a 2" in back to keep tires in line with each other when using BW 30x10. Just Info for anyone considering this combo.

Reactions: joeymt33
BigCypress73

BigCypress73

Apr 14, 2016
florida
I have 12" wheels and they do not fit with the highlighter front A arms with 1.5 offset. The inside of the wheel rubs the a arm. Now im having to buy 14" wheels, or spacers. The problem with spacers is you need a 1" in front to clear wheel rubbing, which means a 2" in back to keep tires in line with each other when using BW 30x10. Just Info for anyone considering this combo.
Highlifter failed to mention to anyone that the 12" wheels wouldn't work. They told me they didnt realize the P3 had 12" wheels.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Highlifter failed to mention to anyone that the 12" wheels wouldn't work. They told me they didnt realize the P3 had 12" wheels.

Oh crap!

BigCypress73

BigCypress73

Apr 14, 2016
florida
1" wheel spacer on front works to fix it, but Im getting ready to buy 14" wheels so i dont need the spacer on the front. Just waiting to figure what tire to get 30" blackwater or 30" bighorn. I wish the BW's were a little taller.

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
BigCypress73

BigCypress73

Apr 14, 2016
florida
1" wheel spacer on front works to fix it, but Im getting ready to buy 14" wheels so i dont need the spacer on the front. Just waiting to figure what tire to get 30" blackwater or 30" bighorn. I wish the BW's were a little taller.

Will the bighorns 30"s fit with arched a arms in the front. Will the rear fit if the tire measures 29.5????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Will the bighorns 30"s fit with arched a arms in the front. Will the rear fit if the tire measures 29.5????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My evo's aired up to max pressure are a click over 30" and no rubbing with the SATV arms. That's with a 14x7 5-2. If I run a 1" spacer in front it rubs the skid plate sticking out at bottom, easy fix though.

J

JTW

My evo's aired up to max pressure are a click over 30" and no rubbing with the SATV arms. That's with a 14x7 5-2. If I run a 1" spacer in front it rubs the skid plate sticking out at bottom, easy fix though.
You have the Elka's with remote reservoirs correct?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!