• Start date
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm running 32in outbacks now. (Weight 53.2 8ply 17in wheel 32 hight 10 wide $225) We ride on the street a ton and they are just to loud wife isn't happy (Happy wife happy life).

Will be buying wheels and tires so open to any style 32in tire

Not really looking for a street tire. Looking for a good choice to ride at like Royal Blue but quiet on the street.

Yes, I have a Pioneer but way more Talon guys are running 32s so I thought this would help others also.

Ones I am already looking at
STI X Comp ATR Radial Weight 47.3 10ply 15in wheel 31.5 @15 psi hight 10in wide $199
Maxxis Carnivore Weight 36.85 8ply 15in wheel 32.3 hight 10.3 wide $179
BFG KM3 Weight 43.7 8ply 15in wheel ? hight ? wide $232
Tusk Terrabites Kavlar or Radial Weight 40.2 8ply 15in wheel ? hight ? wide $162
GBC Terra Masters Weight 41.5 10ply 15in wheel ? hight ? wide $194
AMS M1 Evils Weight 44.15 8ply 15in wheel ? hight ? wide $234
TOYO Open country MT Weight 44. ?ply 15in wheel 31.8 hight 9.4 wide $243
ITP Ultra Cross 41.2 8ply 15in wheel ? hight ? wide $153

Any Others or reviews on the ones you have? Don't mind if they run a little short but no less than say 31in true hight tire.

Last edited:
Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have no experience with this but I was just looking around at tires and saw where Toyo now makes an open country MT for SXSs. The one size they make in it is a 32x9.5x15. Just thought I'd pass along the info.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
And yet they're still a pound lighter than my 26.5s haha

if you can live with 31", ITP Ultra Cross 31x9.5x15 Race are 31.2" at 14lb on 6.5" wheels (stock front wheels) They are very Round shaped and handle well (only have couple hundred miles on them so far) They make a 32" also but the 31" have a heavier side wall(at least that is what I was told) Not everyone sells the 31"

The Maxxis Carnivores will probably run just over 32" & from what I have read, the Tusk Terabite will be closer to 31" (if lucky). The Carnivores or Libertys are a flat design and have a tendency to steer harder than the ITP's (I have them on my YXZ). Have not driven the Tuck yet.

Reactions: Bradley-Thornton
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Updated with prices weights and ply (See first post)

Also look to have the outbacks sold so will be picking a tire before long if anyone has anymore suggestions? Main thing is has to ride smooth on street and still ride Royal Blue?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
32" Carni's on my yxz have been good so far. Not bad at all on the street and light weight. Terrabite Radials have been impressive to me also. The Kevlars are not as good from what I've saw.

Reactions: ohanacreek
Bradley-Thornton

Bradley-Thornton

Lifetime Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hattiesburg MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Haven't got them all on yet but wanted you give y'all a comparison of the outback vs the STI X Comp ATR Radial when it comes to size.

They both have 15 psi in them
Outbacks are 32 1/4in
STI X Comp ATR Radial are 31 1/2in

I like the Comps but its hard to beat the look of the 17in wheel on the outbacks. 15in wheel on the Comps
IMG 4066
IMG 4067
IMG 4068
IMG 4069
IMG 4070
IMG 4071

H

HondaTech

My GM runs thr Pro Armour tires on in a 32, while he doesnt ride any blacktop I have ridden around it in the parking lot at work and they don't seem like the noisiest tires I've heard.

G

gtsum2

Apr 28, 2019
Moseley
Terrabites are very good hard pack tires but run a bit small. Tensor regulators are like Terrabites but better everywhere imo. Very tough tire and smooth as glass up to 85mph. Both tires suck in mud though.

Carnivores have more traction than the above, but hardpack and asphalt chews them up. I’ll be lucky to get 1000 miles out of
Mine (I got 2400 miles on my tensors...and I still had tread left).

For all around hard pack (rocks and rough trails) and some asphalt riding, tensors are fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: CID
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Terrabites are very good hard pack tires but run a bit small. Tensor regulators are like Terrabites but better everywhere imo. Very tough tire and smooth as glass up to 85mph. Both tires suck in mud though.

Carnivores have more traction than the above, but hardpack and asphalt chews them up. I’ll be lucky to get 1000 miles out of
Mine (I got 2400 miles on my tensors...and I still had tread left).

For all around hard pack (rocks and rough trails) and some asphalt riding, tensors are fantastic

Where I ride I need a really tuff tire that is not too heavy and reasonably priced. I have been running Terrabites on 2 different machines to include my Honda and my Yamaha, the latter of which has had them on it for 3 years in some of the most rugged desert environment on the planet and I have never had a tire failure of any kind not even a puncture. I weighed my 32x10x15 kevlar Terrabites before I installed them on the wheel and they weighed out at 39.5 lbs which is not bad for a 32 inch tire. I paid $138 a piece for them from Rocky Mountain Atv so I'm what you would call a Satisfied customer.
IMG 5395

Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Where I ride I need a really tuff tire that is not too heavy and reasonably priced. I have been running Terrabites on 2 different machines to include my Honda and my Yamaha, the latter of which has had them on it for 3 years in some of the most rugged desert environment on the planet and I have never had a tire failure of any kind not even a puncture. I weighed my 32x10x15 kevlar Terrabites before I installed them on the wheel and they weighed out at 39.5 lbs which is not bad for a 32 inch tire. I paid $138 a piece for them from Rocky Mountain Atv so I'm what you would call a Satisfied customer.

I hope to have the same experience as you with the Terrabites. I'm eager to receive them, Saturday I got 2 flats with the stock tires. What tire pressure are you running them at? We're probably riding on very similar desert terrain.

Reactions: CID and IDIOT
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I hope to have the same experience as you with the Terrabites. I'm eager to receive them, Saturday I got 2 flats with the stock tires. What tire pressure are you running them at? We're probably riding on very similar desert terrain.
10 psi

G

gtsum2

Apr 28, 2019
Moseley
Goes to show not all terrain is equal...every time I ran less than 15 on my terrabites, I cut them. 15 or higher and they were fine (but road like a brick). This is in west va

T

trailblazermc

Aug 25, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was wondering if you put the 32” tires on the stock wheels?

Reactions: IDIOT
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!