• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

Talon 32's at speed

Discussion in 'Talon 1000 Wheels and Tires' started by DaveM, Jul 19, 2019.

1. DaveM

DaveM New Member

Ownership:
    Do not currently own
    I know that 32 inch tires are great for rock crawling. But does anyone run them at high speed and in whoops?

2. HondaTech

HondaTech Working For Mother Honda!!
    Lifetime Member Club Contributor

My boss raced with 32s a month or so ago, he never said anything specific about them.

Woods race ofcourse with some jumps.

3. RockR

RockR Hammer Down Trail Hound
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    1000-5, Talon X
    I run 32" Cryptids on HD9 beadlocks on my X. They are not really a speed tire and I am still tweaking air pressure/preload/dampening, but they feel alright at speed (50-ish) on decent dirt trails when I've had the chance to open her up. My biggest issue is reduced contact patch because of the deep V tread style tire. In other words, the machines performance does not seem to be diminished at all by the tire size or weight.

4. Choped5er

Choped5er Active Member
    Lifetime Member

So you feel that a 50lb tire didn't really affect the power to much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. RockR

RockR Hammer Down Trail Hound
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    1000-5, Talon X
    Not really. I can obviously feel some affect in ride quality, but not power. changed riding habit to run in low more often, In high gear, it had no problem doing a burn out into the garage from the driveway. Well, no problem other than Mama being "not entertained" to put it mildly.

Choped5er, CumminsPusher and Mudwing like this.
  6. Choped5er

Choped5er Active Member
    Lifetime Member

Awesome to hear. I want to run 32s and really thinking about terribites. They are only 40lbs but from experience with the pioneer that's heavy. So I was scared to do so and found another dot tire that was only 35. I couldn make my mind up but I think I'll go with the teribites. Everyone says no power loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk