DAIRYHONDA

Dec 8, 2020
Canton, TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-2

3. 1000-3

4. Talon X4
Hey everyone, popping the first post cherry!
I'm thinking of running 32" or 33" tires on a set of 20" wheels on my x4. Want to run an all-terrain style tire on these wheels being as I ride mostly pavement. Anybody with a setup like this? I'm sitting stock right now. Any thoughts or concerns would be appreciated! I do understand there will be power suck happen....

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome from Michigan!
first things first to get out of the way being its your first post lol. The unwritten gospel around here is
Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

And for your question
Going 20” wheels is getting into G Dog territory 🤨 and the weight will bog you down in mud and might be a bit rough on the drivetrain plus wont leave u with much of a tire for bite on 32’s-33’s. If your going LT tires, the weight on 20” will be like…alot lol. Those big wheels are seen alot on Poo Poo’s (Polaris) just to watch things brake lol. 15”s are roughly the max most use like myself. Now if your going to be riding pavement for Cruising mostly then G dog It out all you want 😂

Reactions: Robobrainiac
DAIRYHONDA

DAIRYHONDA

Dec 8, 2020
Canton, TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-2

3. 1000-3

4. Talon X4
@Remington if I end up purchasing them I will definitely post some pics! And it's definitely G dog territory and will not run play in the mud with her dancing shoes on. I'll keep the stock wheels and put some play tires on for that. My main concern is that I put lots of road miles on. Has anyone running heavy tires and wheels with lots of miles had any premature transmission/ driveline issues?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Remington if I end up purchasing them I will definitely post some pics! And it's definitely G dog territory and will not run play in the mud with her dancing shoes on. I'll keep the stock wheels and put some play tires on for that. My main concern is that I put lots of road miles on. Has anyone running heavy tires and wheels with lots of miles had any premature transmission/ driveline issues?
Im sure you will. Like Much larger tires and heavy rim with weight on a truck is always harder on a driveline and its parts. That said, we put larger tires on our machines alot here but try to keep the weight down. Mostly cuz of the slip clutch ware on the DCT trans. The more your foot is in it to make it go (and you will) the higher the rpm and ware, not to mention more gas drinkin.The Same would go for a belt drive machine if not worse. So the answer is yes it will in time. how bad and how quickly? All depends on may factors.

DAIRYHONDA

DAIRYHONDA

Dec 8, 2020
Canton, TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-2

3. 1000-3

4. Talon X4
Here's a couple pics from November. Apparently I need to take more pics

20201120 203026 20201120 203009

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm thinking of running 32" or 33" tires on a set of 20" wheels on my x4. Want to run an all-terrain style tire on these wheels being as I ride mostly pavement. Anybody with a setup like this? I'm sitting stock right now. Any thoughts or concerns would be appreciated! I do understand there will be power suck happen....
Good luck have fun. If you're going for show and not go it will work great.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
The stopping distance is going to increase dramatically with that heavy of a wheel and tire package...

How wide and what offset 20" wheels do you plan on running? You may wind up with wheel bearing and turning radius problems depending on your answer.

DAIRYHONDA

DAIRYHONDA

Dec 8, 2020
Canton, TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-2

3. 1000-3

4. Talon X4
The stopping distance is going to increase dramatically with that heavy of a wheel and tire package...

How wide and what offset 20" wheels do you plan on running? You may wind up with wheel bearing and turning radius problems depending on your answer.
Didn't think too much about stopping distance, but good to take into consideration! I'm thinking going with a 5+2 offset all around and that will keep it pretty close to stock, and as this setup will only be for road/show I'm not too concerned about scrub radius being changed. I definitely don't want them sticking out way far though bc geometry is important for less stress.

DAIRYHONDA

DAIRYHONDA

Dec 8, 2020
Canton, TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-2

3. 1000-3

4. Talon X4
My main concern is for DCT and gears. But I'm looking around at all these guys running 32s and 35s and presumptually not having any problems, so I think I will be ok even though my setup will be maybe 5 to 10lbs heavier per wheel and tire???

DAIRYHONDA

DAIRYHONDA

Dec 8, 2020
Canton, TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-2

3. 1000-3

4. Talon X4
Also @SLOWPOKE693 I was looking at your track rig and its pretty sweet...HAMMER DOWN!

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693
Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Run em.
Stock is 6-1 offset front 4-3 rear.

stay close to that and no problems.

32’s may rub on an X.

depending on true height and width.

Reactions: DAIRYHONDA
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
5 to 10lbs heavier per wheel and tire???
Bingo! 20” wheel alone from stock most likely. Then add the LT tire. My 30’s added 10 lbs per tire from UTV tires. 15” wheel.

Reactions: DAIRYHONDA

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!