BOX1

Talon 32s

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Who is running 32s and what weight are they? Im wanting some for sure but worried how much I should worry with weight. With the pioneer weight was a killer factor. I'm not sure if it matters so much with the extra hp or not. I can get a killer deal on the new motovator R/t tire that's only 35lbs but idk if the tead is deep enough for me. Thinking I should maybee get something more like a terabyte that's a little more aggressive but thwy are pretty heavy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF
O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
If i remember correctly my 32" carnivores are like 37#s and i cant tell much power loss over factory setup.
20190720 121916
20190714 130601

Reactions: BWAF and Choped5er
jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
32" Carnivores on factory wheels. Each tire is a 32-10-15 and comes in at 37.4 lbs.

The only effect I've noticed with them is a reduced top speed. On stock tires I could get the machine to 74 mph and now it takes everything its got to touch 70 mph. I've also got quite a bit of extra accessory weight, but top speed isn't an issue for me since I'm in the Midwest and exclusively trail ride. The low end power/torque is still very good and the larger tires do calm the touchy throttle somewhat.

IMG 1193

B

BigTalons

Jul 8, 2019
Kansas City
Ownership

1. Talon R
32" Carnivores on factory wheels. Each tire is a 32-10-15 and comes in at 37.4 lbs.

The only effect I've noticed with them is a reduced top speed. On stock tires I could get the machine to 74 mph and now it takes everything its got to touch 70 mph. I've also got quite a bit of extra accessory weight, but top speed isn't an issue for me since I'm in the Midwest and exclusively trail ride. The low end power/torque is still very good and the larger tires do calm the touchy throttle somewhat.

View attachment 143848
Did you have to put spacers on the back to even out the track, or is that eliminated because you used the factory wheels?

Reactions: Isaiah and BWAF
O

OzkMtnTalon

Jun 3, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Did you have to put spacers on the back to even out the track, or is that eliminated because you used the factory wheels?
without out factory wheels and a 5+2 offset i used a 1.5inch wheel spacer to even the rear track with the front. no wheel spacer needed with factory wheel unless you just want to be wider.

B

BigTalons

Jul 8, 2019
Kansas City
Ownership

1. Talon R
without out factory wheels and a 5+2 offset i used a 1.5inch wheel spacer to even the rear track with the front. no wheel spacer needed with factory wheel unless you just want to be wider.

Awesome. Thats what I figured, but just wanted to make sure!

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
I think I'm going to order the teribites this weekend. Anyone have anything bad to say about them?

R

RCI

Apr 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I think I'm going to order the teribites this weekend. Anyone have anything bad to say about them?

Ordered set of Carnivores from summit yesterday. On back order till August 23 ?

Reactions: BWAF and Choped5er
Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
Ordered set of Carnivores from summit yesterday. On back order till August 23 ?

Hopefully they terribites aren't. I love my carnivores on my pioneer but Im gonna be using the talon for a little different useage so I won't need that much traction right now

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hopefully they terribites aren't. I love my carnivores on my pioneer but Im gonna be using the talon for a little different useage so I won't need that much traction right now

I’m still loving the Terrabites. I’ve been checking tires with a Durometer and the Terrabites are pretty soft which means they will grip rocks great. They are the same hardness as the Carnivores. I checked the SATV Warriors in the sticky compound and they are twice as soft as the Carnys and Terrabites. Roctanes and EVO are quite a bit harder.

I will consider the Carnivores next time or the Kevlar version of the Terrabites.

My experience has only been on the Pioneer so not sure how much my input matters for the Talon.

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
I’m still loving the Terrabites. I’ve been checking tires with a Durometer and the Terrabites are pretty soft which means they will grip rocks great. They are the same hardness as the Carnivores. I checked the SATV Warriors in the sticky compound and they are twice as soft as the Carnys and Terrabites. Roctanes and EVO are quite a bit harder.

I will consider the Carnivores next time or the Kevlar version of the Terrabites.

My experience has only been on the Pioneer so not sure how much my input matters for the Talon.

Yes I talked to you back and forth alot when going to carnivores for my pioneer. I was coming from roctane X2s and hated the weight. I decided against the teribites on the pioneer because it sees a decent amount of mud in the wet months. But the talon hopefully will stay away from all the nasty stuff and just see some good hard trails. So pretty sure the teribites will be great for me. I'm gonna stay away from the Kevlar unless I can confirm a weight. I figure they are heavy as lead

Reactions: BWAF and joeymt33
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

View attachment 143848

Your 32" tires have a 12.5% greater diameter over factory 28" tires. That being said, if your ECM isn't reprogrammed for 32" diameter tires, that 70 mph your display reads is actually 78 mph.

Should be easy enough to verify actual speed with GPS ground speed reading at WFO.

jasond

jasond

Lifetime Member
Mar 15, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Your 32" tires have a 12.5% greater diameter over factory 28" tires. That being said, if your ECM isn't reprogrammed for 32" diameter tires, that 70 mph your display reads is actually 78 mph.

Should be easy enough to verify actual speed with GPS ground speed reading at WFO.

This has piqued my interest. I’ll probably do that this weekend.

Reactions: Stgraves260
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
This has piqued my interest. I’ll probably do that this weekend.

12 o’clock labs makes a do-dad that can calibrate the P1000 speedo as well as the P700 and P500. It’ll probably work on the Talon.

I’ve got several and they work great.

Reactions: ohanacreek
jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon x4
If i remember correctly my 32" carnivores are like 37#s and i cant tell much power loss over factory setup.View attachment 143835 View attachment 143836

OzkMtn,

So you have 32s on the X, 5/2 offset wheels and a spacer on the back to true up tracking? Do you have any rubbing at all? I'm very curious because I'm looking to get an X4 when they come out, but am also hesitant because I'd like the option to put 32s without a lift kit.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon x4

Still, you're losing power if you can't get the speedo all the way up so even if you can inch it up to 78 MPH, the performance at that speed will still suck compared to a smaller tire. For example, you should be able to get to 84 MPH if you weren't soaking up power with the bigger tires. I don't know if top speed is really that important for me, though. I'm stuck around 40 MPH right now with my little P500, lol.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I can't hit the rev limiter with 30's but my top speed is still 73 mph which it great. My buddy with 32's only gets to 62 mph and that's on a fast road at around 5,000 feet.

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
I hit 75 on GPS on flat ground with 31" ITP Ultracross that weigh 39lb, measure 31.3" & was not topped out (ran out of room). I am at 1000' so should have more power than at 5,000'. Do notice less snap than with 30" Maxxis Liberty (33lb).

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!