3D printed shift gate

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I measured up my oem shift gate, drew a new one, and printed it out. Came out pretty nice I think. Not bad for a couple dollars or less in plastic. I can put the file on thingiverse.com if anyone wants it.
20200703 090702
20200703 152103

Last edited:
CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I removed the letters (seemed redundant), added a 2mm x 2mm border outlining the contour of the gate, and shortened the little nubs by the reverse position to give more room to move around in neutral. They are actually short enough you can move left and right while in reverse or neutral.

It is now public at tinkercad.com

Last edited:
C

Clarke180

Sep 7, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon R
I removed the letters (seemed redundant), added a 2mm x 2mm border outlining the contour of the gate, and shortened the little nubs by the reverse position to give more room to move around in neutral. They are actually short enough you can move left and right while in reverse or neutral. This is smooth now. Works perfectly.

It is now public at tinkercad.com
Wow, I think your design is fantastic but how do I find it in tinkercad?

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So looks like you'll have to create an account, don't worry, tinkercad is a legit site (owned by AutoDesk, which is the industry leader/standard, very reputable). Then click copy/tinker or something like that, and then you can export it in whatever file format you want. Or you can edit it first, add you name or design. Just a warning, I have not tried this newest version with the outline around the shift gate. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, but I have not tried it. I'll post a picture when I do.

C

Clarke180

Sep 7, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon R
Perfect! Found it. I still like your design better than anything I've sen so far but may I ask if you ever flipped High to low and vice versa like you mentioned you might try?And what are the 2 other pieces in the drawing? Man....again....Great design!!!

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't ever switch high and low sides. I used the plate like it is for a good hard solid weekend of riding and was totally fine with it by the end. If I switched it now it might seem weird lol. If you or anyone else wants it switched though i will take a look at it. Shouldnt be too hard. Wouldn't be hard at all in autocad or inventor, but this tinker cad is a little slower for sure.

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The other parts are the cage clamps for the LED eagle eye lights from the other thread.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don't have a Talon but I really like your design. I downloaded it just in case of a future upgrade and might try and use your light clamp on my 1000-5 with a little "tinkering". The power of these 3d printers is pretty amazing. I made a little design like your shifter for my 1000 to block off the cold air coming through in the winter. Pretty cool when you can design something and if it doesn't work you change a simple dimension and keep fine tuning til it fits. Thanks for time and effert and willingness to pass it along.

Reactions: Montecresto
C

Clarke180

Sep 7, 2019
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes thank you very much. I appreciate all you've done with this, and all your help!

L

L27buick

Sep 1, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
can anyone seperate the files? i cant figure out blender to just print the shift gate.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!