P700 4.5 inch bolt on lift kit

W

WadeTF17

Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
So after my first outing at an off-road park with my 700 and 28 inch tires and everything else stock, I decided I needed two things. One was a snorkel and the other was a lift kit. Both of which I was able to fabricate very nicely. The snorkel was the typical pvc flavored home depot special for about $45. So after I finished the snorkel at my shop, I started taking measurements of my ground clearance (11") before the lift and looked at how I would fabri-cobble this all together to make it chooch. Anywho...make a long story short, I made a 4.5 inch bolt on lift kit that is a no holes required installation. I have not run into CV bind at all and my ground clearance is now 15.5". I out her to the test at the park over the weekend and only got it stuck once by getting into a mud pit that I shouldn't have gotten into. Other than that she is pretty stout. I agree with everyone else here though. Needs a portal or some sort of gear reduction. I would post a picture of it, but I'm not sure how to do that...i build things for a living... haha not a professional keyboard warrior

Reactions: swsebek
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
That's pretty steep lift for this machine...

Reactions: allgm1
Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well, you're gonna have to learn to post them pictures.
I work in Texarkana, where are you in Texas?

Reactions: SundayRdr
SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
Get someone's phone number and I promise someone will be more than glad to post for you. I wanna see too...

BeerMonkey

BeerMonkey

Mar 29, 2017
Mid TN
id recommend a set of limiting straps to help save the axles for the next project. everytime ive seen them break it was getting traction right after full droop when the angle is at its worst.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah we gotta see some pictures of this. When you write a message and hit the "post reply" button, look right next to it and you'll see "upload a file". Then you select a picture from your pictures on your phone and boom you just posted a picture. I build stuff for a living too and even I can do it! Welcome to the club!

W

WadeTF17

Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Its a pain in the A on my phone for now. The computer makes it easier to navigate. My first attempt when you look at the front end the geometry of the shocks was WAY too far out. I pulled it in to lower it down to the 4.5" lift. I need to take new pics. Maybe when I get home from work. You also get pics of the snorkel.

20170624 1312401 20170622 2040431 20170622 2036131 20170621 2033341 20170621 1946201 20170621 1946071 20170621 1945481

W

WadeTF17

Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have not noticed any significant change in smoothness while going through trails. I also make it a point to NOT beat on it, even though there are points on some trails where you have no choice while getting in or out of a pit.

Again I need to take new pics and I need to see how much the front and rear end drops when unloaded to recheck the CV angle. Although while I had it in the air after my kit was installed I recall rolling the tires to see if there was CV bind. I also understand just because you don't feel and CV bind doesn't mean you aren't putting excessive load on the axles.

Gator, I am in Conroe, TX.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Bet them cans in the back helps the riding hard in bad holes they do on mine big time what size tire u running

W

WadeTF17

Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Bet them cans in the back helps the riding hard in bad holes they do on mine big time what size tire u running

Lol I don't drink. That is the side effect of having a buggy that holds the cooler. Your friends hang out and drink and use the bed as a dumpster. Usually I/we clean it out after an outing.

Tire size is 28 currently.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Lol I don't drink. That is the side effect of having a buggy that holds the cooler. Your friends hang out and drink and use the bed as a dumpster. Usually I/we clean it out after an outing.

Tire size is 28 currently.
Does it pull the 28 silverbacks good i can get a great deal on a set now just worried about turning them

W

WadeTF17

Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Does it pull the 28 silverbacks good i can get a great deal on a set now just worried about turning them

I lost top speed, but I have no issue spinning the tires while off-roading. I have hit the speed limiter going down a road full throttle down hill. I can honestly say if I wanted top speed I would have gone to a 1000. It still has pulling power though. I pulled a dead jeep out of a red clay pit on Sunday. I would say it was easy because the tires really dug in and I didn't have to break a terrible suction from the jeep and clay. She grunts pretty well.

Would still love a low range setting though...cant afford portals yet though and I don't really like the full time reduction, but you cant have your cake and eat it.

L

liftedpsd2010

Dec 25, 2016
Lake Wales
I find it hard to believe it pulls the 28s easily. My buddy we ride with has a 700 with 27 mud lites and it's struggles in the sugar sand, mud or any other type of terrain. He's gotten stuck many times and it's because the tires won't spin. If he floors it the tires won't spin and it stalls out when you let off the gas after trying to get it to move. Other than that it looks really good and goes in trails well. It just doesn't have enough ass to pull the tires in tough situations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I'm Running 30-10-14 roctanes on my 700 it still pulls good but roctanes are not aggressive at all the main thing is getting it up off the ground doesn't like dragging the frame and helps get tires spinning before you get in a bind

W

WadeTF17

Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I find it hard to believe it pulls the 28s easily. My buddy we ride with has a 700 with 27 mud lites and it's struggles in the sugar sand, mud or any other type of terrain. He's gotten stuck many times and it's because the tires won't spin. If he floors it the tires won't spin and it stalls out when you let off the gas after trying to get it to move. Other than that it looks really good and goes in trails well. It just doesn't have enough ass to pull the tires in tough situations.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
I found in sand the stock tires were worse than these tires I currently have, maybe because they are more like a paddle? Big lugs? I seriously haven't had a problem with these tires and I have had people at the park say that they are heavy for what its worth. Heh maybe the transmission is still nice and new and tight and is able to put the power to the ground?

On the trails, if I stomp the throttle, the tires spin in 2x4. It doesn't throw a rooster tail, but it does throw dirt. The stock tires threw more dirt up and in rather than out and away like these. Like I said the only performance loss I have seen is the top end speed in third gear just runs out of torque.

The only time I had my machine stall out was on stock tires, going over logs blocking a trail and it got part way up and I eased off the throttle a little too much to try to be gentle getting over and it rolled backwards causing the stall.

I doubt it makes a difference, but my model is the base model. No EPS, no paddle shifter. speaking of I may end up saving up for the aftermarket EPS kit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!