P1000 50" curved light bar install

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
Today my brother and i spent most of the adternoon fabricating some custom brackets to hold a curved 50" light bar down near the hood to protect it from tree limbs. We used the bolts on the lower roll cage, some welding, grinding, drilling, and rattle can paint.

We also installed a set of leds on the back for backup lights (sorry didnt get pictures of those).

What ya think? It really lights up the night sky

20160610 142447 20160610 173748 20160610 175525 20160610 175519

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Looks really good! Did you support the middle of the light bar?

Sent from my iPad 7G

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Looking good. Have you been in the trails yet?

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
Looks really good! Did you support the middle of the light bar?

Sent from my iPad 7G

No, it is very solid as is...doesnt move or bounce or anything.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Today my brother and i spent most of the adternoon fabricating some custom brackets to hold a curved 50" light bar down near the hood to protect it from tree limbs. We used the bolts on the lower roll cage, some welding, grinding, drilling, and rattle can paint.

We also installed a set of leds on the back for backup lights (sorry didnt get pictures of those).

View attachment 16653 View attachment 16654 View attachment 16655 View attachment 16656
Looks awesome! What wattage and brand is it?

evildoctor

evildoctor

May 2, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
WOW...that 50 in. curved light bar is cheap! Please let us know how well it works. I thought when I paid $200 for a regular straight 50in. was cheap but WOW......

J

JoshB

Jun 11, 2016
Austin TX
Can you take some pics of the wiring? Did you use a relay? Where did you put it? I am looking to do the same but not sure best way.

jmcirilo

jmcirilo

Apr 29, 2016
Panama
Nice job on your light bar. I am planning to purchased the same with a high quality wiring harness. Can you tell me where did you did the connection? Directly to the fuse box or battery? Thanks

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
For the wiring use some 18 awg wire and a relay and inline fuse. I connected the relay to the battery and then the switch to the relay. This way the switch has low voltage/current and the relay passes the higher viltage on to the light bar. It really is very easy to wire. If you need help i will try and do a more thorough writeup and show some wiring diagrams.

You could wire it directly from the battery without a relay but that passes the higher ciltage thru the switch and it could get hot...

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
No, it is very solid as is...doesnt move or bounce or anything.

I bet that thing kills my 40" curved! I thought I remember someone saying that the curved bars needed to be supported in the middle when they're 50" long.....maybe not.

I really prefer the curved over the straight for trail riding. I have one of each and be straight is good on my truck because it throws light so far, but the curved is so much better at throwing light for a panorama view.

Sent from my iPad 7G

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I bet that thing kills my 40" curved! I thought I remember someone saying that the curved bars needed to be supported in the middle when they're 50" long.....maybe not.

I really prefer the curved over the straight for trail riding. I have one of each and be straight is good on my truck because it throws light so far, but the curved is so much better at throwing light for a panorama view.

Sent from my iPad 7G
I mentioned about the center support because on ours when I tested over so bumps you could see the light especially at distance was wiggling i realized it vibrated just a little so it exaggerated it like a slightly loose headlight and that went away with the center brace and tightened up the unit nicely.

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015

Sent from my iPad 7G

I went across my field at 50MPH and the light bar didnt move. I have a solid peice of steerl tied directly to the roll cage with no movement. I even pushed hard enough on center to compress suspension and it didnt wiggle or move the light bar.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I went across my field at 50MPH and the light bar didnt move. I have a solid peice of steerl tied directly to the roll cage with no movement. I even pushed hard enough on center to compress suspension and it didnt wiggle or move the light bar.
Very nice. It sounds like you did a good job. My bar light bar must not have been as strong.sure like the look you of it

R

RobertwHarley

Lifetime Member
Jun 17, 2016
Huntsville, Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 16653 View attachment 16654 View attachment 16655 View attachment 16656
I was just wondering if you re-installed the lower half of the windshield or do you not bother with it? Looks great!! I was just about to order a 52" curved and put it on the roof but really like the lower placement. When you went over the field, did you get any glare back from the hood being so low?

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
I was just wondering if you re-installed the lower half of the windshield or do you not bother with it? Looks great!! I was just about to order a 52" curved and put it on the roof but really like the lower placement. When you went over the field, did you get any glare back from the hood being so low?

Yes the lower windshield went back on without issue. We measured and we're careful to give half inch clearance for the windshield during fabrication of the brackets. There is zero glare from the hood or windshield.

I will also say that going through the woods the branches don't smack it like they would on the roof.

Reactions: RyanOrange3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!