P500 520 fit in my pick up truck?

L

Lookouttrout

Feb 12, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Hello to all?
This 64 year old retiree needs advice. I’ll be picking up a new P520 in a few months. Getting SunF 26x9x12 fronts, 26x11x12 rears

*** will I be able to get this rig in the back of my 2003 F350 8 foot bed that is over the wheel wells in truck bed for the front tires?
hope someone can help. Thank you.

B

Bridgie

Jun 1, 2019
Canada
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello to all?
This 64 year old retiree needs advice. I’ll be picking up a new P520 in a few months. Getting SunF 26x9x12 fronts, 26x11x12 rears

*** will I be able to get this rig in the back of my 2003 F350 8 foot bed that is over the wheel wells in truck bed for the front tires?
I've got a 500 and it fits in the back of my f350 and I think it's the same wheel base. I have the shorter box so I leave the tailgate down.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Hello to all?

No problem . 64 too for another month LOL .

Reactions: TxDoc and Backwoods
L

Lookouttrout

Feb 12, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
No problem . 64 too for another month LOL .
Thank you to the both of ups for the replies. My concern is and excuse my ignorance but the tires being larger than stick and hitting the rear wheel wells that come up in the truck bed.
we had ATVs a while back so now this broken down disabled veteran needs something to run up snd down a Montana river where we have an off grid cabin with. I still have a few miles left in me snd might as well enjoy, huh? 😂😷

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Thank you to the both of ups for the replies. My concern is and excuse my ignorance but the tires being larger than stick and hitting the rear wheel wells that come up in the truck bed.
we had ATVs a while back so now this broken down disabled veteran needs something to run up snd down a Montana river where we have an off grid cabin with. I still have a few miles left in me snd might as well enjoy, huh? 😂😷
Heck you're just a kid ! I have the same width tires but 27s and it squeezes in BUT don't worry , even if your bed wheel wells are narrower the Pioneer will just ease right up and over them . No worries . You're gonna love it .

IMG 7803

L

Lookouttrout

Feb 12, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Heck you're just a kid ! I have the same width tires but 27s and it squeezes in BUT don't worry , even if your bed wheel wells are narrower the Pioneer will just ease right up and over them . No worries . You're gonna love it .
Ok, I read your reply to my wife and she bursted out laughing. Thank you. 👍😂

L

Lookouttrout

Feb 12, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Buggyman and futzin
N

Ncflemm

Jan 10, 2022
Sunset Hills
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 500

3. 520
Hello all - I’m picking up a 2021 Pioneer 520 in 3 weeks. The idea is to haul the machine around in my truck bed exclusively. I have a 2016 Ford F-250 Super Duty with a 6.5ft bed. I realize the tailgate will likely have to be down. My primary concern is…the distance between my wheel wells is 48 inches…the machine is 50 inches. Any feedback? Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Buggyman
N

Ncflemm

Jan 10, 2022
Sunset Hills
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 500

3. 520
YES 100% NO PROBLEMO ! Had your same truck and the short bed on a Super Duty is the same width and longer than this short bed . You're good to go .View attachment 313024
Excellent! Thank you for your input. Will it squeeze between the 48” gap between the wheel wells? Or will I have to run the machine over the wheel well(s)? Any suggestions on ramps (my FX4 is tall, not lifted that I’m aware of)? Ratchet straps? Something to strengthen the tailgate? I assume the rear tires will rest on it even though my bed is a bit longer. Thanks again! Can’t wait to pick up my 520!

Last edited:
Reactions: Buggyman
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Excellent! Thank you for your input. Will it squeeze between the 48” gap between the wheel wells? Or will I have to run the machine over the wheel well(s)? Any suggestions on ramps (my FX4 is tall, not lifted that I’m aware of)? Ratchet straps? Something to strengthen the tailgate? I assume the rear tires will rest on it even though my bed is a bit longer. Thanks again! Can’t wait to pick up my 520!
I use 100.00 ramps from TSC and it will fit between ,,,just but it will .

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
8 foot bed? It'll fit...
View attachment 255102

At the risk of making an enemy, but knowing my or some other guy’s wife or daughter could be driving behind you on the highway and I’ve seen hold down straps break…..

….. I hope highway patrol pulls you over, gives you a ticket for that set up and makes you unload right there and figure out a way to get it safely where you’re going. I don’t care how many miles you’ve driven with it like that.

Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallic

hallic

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2019
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
At the risk of making an enemy, but knowing my or some other guy’s wife or daughter could be driving behind you on the highway and I’ve seen hold down straps break…..

….. I hope highway patrol pulls you over, gives you a ticket for that set up and makes you unload right there and figure out a way to get it safely where you’re going. I don’t care how many miles you’ve driven with it like that.

Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol, no worries man.
Year-old post, but just to add a couple points in my defense: It was at the payload limits of the vehicle. I had multiple 5k rated (1600lb break strength) straps on various points of the bed, tie-towns, and vehicle frame itself.

It was as safe as I could make it, the bed itself would have to come loose from the truck for it to go anywhere. Only did it because I had no space or $$ for a proper trailer.
Made 2 round trips, totaling about 600 miles. The rear end sagged just enough to where I would be probably blinding oncoming traffic if I had to drive at night, and it was a massive pain in the rear-end to hook and unhook everything.
The hitch extender came in 2 pcs (rated at over 1000lbs, and it was heavy), 2x10 framework, 8 straps etc. It sucked.
Thankfully we got another stimulus check in, plus I had already started saving for a trailer so was able to make a massive upgrade.

Since then, I've commented several times (here and other forums) against using a mid-size truck to haul in because of those issues.

Please don't apologize for calling out safety issues and concerns like this, and feel free to give a thumbs-up for my current hauling system:
PXL 20210731 215632637 exported 366 1627817811772

😆

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!