Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looking at the parts fish, yes, there is a clutch adjustment screw.
Who has a service manual that can post a shot?

M

mikeyd

Aug 3, 2014
thanks guys - I'll check it out next time Im up state

I

iluvuk

Nov 1, 2014
mikeyd said:
thanks guys - I'll check it out next time Im up state

The clutch adjustment screw is on front of engine under the drivers seat. Easy access. 30 seconds to adjust. I had slipping problem, adjusted screw per directions and resolved. Enjoy

R

rdymeche

Jan 29, 2015
Mine did the same thing last time I rode it

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
rdymeche said:
Mine did the same thing last time I rode it
rdymeche, welcome to the HondaSxS Club.
Will you be trying the clutch adjustment as mentioned above? If so let us know how it went.

Reactions: nctrailboss
CBC89

CBC89

Aug 8, 2015
The clutch adjustment screw is on front of engine under the drivers seat. Easy access. 30 seconds to adjust. I had slipping problem, adjusted screw per directions and resolved. Enjoy
Where did you find this in the manual? Mine is doing the same thing.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just started noticing what seems to be an occasional trans slip in 5th gear
it only happens on an incline, say above 20 degrees
also only seems to happen after being stopped for a while
engine definetly not cold
goes away if I let up on the gas
if I hit another incline down the road a bit, it doesnt happen
clutch slipping?

I dont mean to look for troubles in my P500, how do you know or feel that clutch slip? May be I should look into that too.

CBC89

CBC89

Aug 8, 2015
I dont mean to look for troubles in my P500, how do you know or feel that clutch slip? May be I should look into that too.
Mine only does it in 5th gear after climbing a small incline...it will change to 5th and you will be gaining speed and it will jerk a little like it missed the gear or something. Not sure everyone else's experience but this is mine...you will know it when it happens its very noticeable

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I might recall having something like this this past weekend , but I just dropped to 4th gear and finished the hill climb and then switched to 5 th gear. 4th and 5 th gear in P500 not strong at all. It does struggles a lot on hills on high gears.

CBC89

CBC89

Aug 8, 2015
I might recall having something like this this past weekend , but I just dropped to 4th gear and finished the hill climb and then switched to 5 th gear. 4th and 5 th gear in P500 not strong at all. It does struggles a lot on hills on high gears.
Yea I do most of my hills climbs in low or 2. This was coming off a dirt road up to a paved road and was running about 25 in 4th climbed the inclined with no problem (not really a hill) and switched to fifth to get on down the road and thats when it slipped

M

michaelbach

Aug 26, 2013
Do you guys let off the gas when you shift? I hear people say you don't need to but I have always treated it like my foot shift rancher. I let off change gears and get back in it, I've never had a problem. I think that's a little easier on the transmission

CBC89

CBC89

Aug 8, 2015
Do you guys let off the gas when you shift? I hear people say you don't need to but I have always treated it like my foot shift rancher. I let off change gears and get back in it, I've never had a problem. I think that's a little easier on the transmission
Yes I always let off the gas when shifting... Just doesn't seem right not to haha

Reactions: michaelbach
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I do also let it off for a sec , except only when down shift and going fast down hill and need to slow down by engine braking then I keep a bit on gas so it will not jerk.

M

michaelbach

Aug 26, 2013
I agree something about staying in the pedal and shifting just doesn't seem right lol

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I agree something about staying in the pedal and shifting just doesn't seem right lol
Try it you"ll like it! lol
Reminds me of my younger days, powershifting my Chevy chevelle

Last edited:
Reactions: 500oneer
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
ive had mine slip out of 5th a few times but its always because the rpms are not high enough and it boggs the engine down like crazy and trying to gas through it "POP" out of 5th our 5th gear is pretty much a useless overdrive only use is on road to hit our whopping max speed :) lol

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!