Apr 23, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-2
Trochel

Apr 23, 2020100MinnesotaOwnership
700-2

3 minutes ago
Battery goes dead while driving. Stays fully charged stored. installed new battery. Same results.
battery shows 12.7 with engine off 12.05 with engine running. I’ll assume the battery isn’t
charging. Not sure why or where to go from here. Thanks. Tim

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Trochel

Apr 23, 2020100MinnesotaOwnership
700-2

3 minutes ago
Battery goes dead while driving. Stays fully charged stored. installed new battery. Same results.
battery shows 12.7 with engine off 12.05 with engine running. I’ll assume the battery isn’t
charging. Not sure why or where to go from here. Thanks. Tim
It should be showing 14+ volts while running.

Reactions: Backwoods
T

Trochel

Apr 23, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have not checked anything other than the battery. Voltage meter tells me it’s not charging

70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Did you buy it new or used? Does the voltage drop when the key is turned on with the engine off? Have you added any accessories, that could be drawing a lot of current? If so, maybe incorrect wiring?

T

Trochel

Apr 23, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-2
Bought it used in 2018 it’s well out of warranty 😞

T

Trochel

Apr 23, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-2
The only add on is a warn winch. My voltage meter drops a bit with the engine running

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds like it’s not getting any charge.

H

HondaTech

Check the plug in front of the passenger side rear wheel.

The large flat plug with 3 yellow wires is the stator plug. I've seen them unplugged before on new units.

If thats fine, check the regulator plugs under the hood. If there all right and not full of dirt or water then there's a way to narrow down the issue through some voltage and resistance checks.

Also while the engine is running, is the regulator getting really hot?

Reactions: Mudwing
T

Trochel

Apr 23, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not sure where the regulator is located? I will check the other stuff you mentioned. Thank you

T

Trochel

Apr 23, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-2
Stator wires are plugged in. Fuses are good. Not sure where The regulator is, or what it looks like.
the battery was at 12.7v before I started it. Checked while running it 12v so dropped .7v

T

Trochel

Apr 23, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-2

The large flat plug with 3 yellow wires is the stator plug. I've seen them unplugged before on new units.

If thats fine, check the regulator plugs under the hood. If there all right and not full of dirt or water then there's a way to narrow down the issue through some voltage and resistance checks.

Stator wires are plugged in. Fuses are good. Not sure where The regulator is, or what it looks like.
the battery was at 12.7v before I started it. Checked while running it 12v so dropped .7v

T

Trochel

Apr 23, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-2

pretty sure I found the problem, once I found the regulator. A stick/brush or something got up into the passenger side wheel well and tore the red and green wire out of the plug that plugs into regulator. New issue. No idea which wire
goes where. It’s 50/50 but not interested in wreck the regulator.

Reactions: Mudwing
H

HondaTech

If your looking at the regulator under the front passenger wheel well the red wire goes in the forward hole and the green goes in the rearward hole.

T

Trochel

Apr 23, 2020
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 700-2
New problem. No power to anything. Is there a spare 40 amp fuse on the 700-2?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!