BOX1

P700 700-4 deluxe or 1000-5 esp

K

KpD

Apr 15, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Howdy,
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new Honda, but I'm struggling on whether to spend the extra money on the 1000-5 or not. I'm not opposed to spend the extra money on the 1000-5, but I'm also practical, and if I don't have to spend the extra $ I won't. I feel that the deluxe with the paddle shifters would a better option for me than the non paddle model. Any feedback would be much appreciated. I'm using my sxs strictly for recreation use, will be riding the trails around our house. We live in the western part of nys and ride on oil lease roads, logging roads and old railroad beds. My kids are 8 & 6. I would appreciate any feedback or honest unbiased opinions.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I can't think of any reason to go with the smaller machine in your circumstances.

Those young-uns will be old enough to zoom around the countryside in a few years. They will try to go to fast. (I learned to drift on oilfield roads) Teach them safety now. Helmets, seatbelts and netting.

I think we should pole the forum and ask "who uses their paddle shifters, how often, and under what circumstances". I have the opinion that they seem like a great idea, but are not needed 99% of the time. (I don't have them and could be WAY off).

Reactions: lee
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Get the 1000. The 700 would be to slow on the back roads.

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
get the 1000, i did the 700-4 at first trying to be cheap. 6 months later i sold it for the 1000 and im very happy with it.

Rambo

Rambo

Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2016
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Howdy,
I'm ready to pull the trigger on a new Honda, but I'm struggling on whether to spend the extra money on the 1000-5 or not. I'm not opposed to spend the extra money on the 1000-5, but I'm also practical, and if I don't have to spend the extra $ I won't. I feel that the deluxe with the paddle shifters would a better option for me than the non paddle model. Any feedback would be much appreciated. I'm using my sxs strictly for recreation use, will be riding the trails around our house. We live in the western part of nys and ride on oil lease roads, logging roads and old railroad beds. My kids are 8 & 6. I would appreciate any feedback or honest unbiased opinions.
A lap or two around the parking lot in each machine should help you make that decision. Slow technical trails the 700 hangs pretty good with the 1000 but for some of the oil roads you'll be on the 1000 all the way!

Reactions: Dragon21
SundayRdr

SundayRdr

Mar 1, 2016
McMinville Tn
1000-5 all the way. I love my 700-4 but wish I could've gotten 100-5 at the time. They were 3 months out. My 4 yr old can sit between us on flat ground or on very easy stuff but I wish he could sit with us most of the time likein a 1k. Honestly i can't really complain about my 7oo except for the lack of power. It hasn't let us down yet and been very dependable. Thete seems to be more options/accessories I like for the 1k also.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!