BOX1

700-4 exhaust issues

C

Clafrinier

May 16, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I live in SWFL and there is a ton of water, I have had multiple issues with the stock exhaust separating, I’ve replaced the “header” pipe 2 times and it seems to work for awhile and then warps again. I guess my question is does anyone know of an aftermarket full setup that’s a 1 piece so I don’t have to deal with the exhaust gasket as I have replaced that and the clamp 7-8 times. I don’t want anything loud if anything I want it quieter as I use it for hunting. This is how the pipe looked this time I took the shroud off, this had 4 or 5 rides on it so almost brand new and it looks like someone took a hammer to it.

B7F5153B 98B2 4279 92CF EB7531768D6A

S

swampkid88

Dec 12, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I hunt out in the cypress and have a camp out there n run water non stop n had mine blow out 2 times already s***s annoying as hell

Reactions: JenElio
S

swampkid88

Dec 12, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
And when you go to put it back together it’s like the damn pipe isn’t long enough if it was longer it would be easier to slip in n just tighten one back up

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I hunt out in the cypress and have a camp out there n run water non stop n had mine blow out 2 times already s***s annoying as hell
Welcome to the club 👍

You talking bout Big Cypress? Been wanting to ride that area for a while now

S

swampkid88

Dec 12, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I blew one of the gaskets out in Corbett during muzzleloader this year cuz I was running deep ass water all day

S

swampkid88

Dec 12, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I’m in the north edge of Martin/ st Lucie camp b is my home for season I just pulled outta there / I got a camp down south in the cypress I’m originally from homestead area.

H

HondaTech

I cant say I've ever seen that before.

What part is actually warping?

More pics please.

Reactions: Backwoods
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Seems like the mud/sub guys have trouble with this. From what I've seen, a lot aren't getting the pipe all the way back together when they "fix" it, though it could be because the front is warping and it simply won't go into place.

The factory service manual also doesn't do the greatest job of telling you how it should be either. I noticed my 2020 actually has a mark on the front pipe that's to help line up the joint. My 2014 didn't have that, so somebody was having issues...

I used an auto clamp for the squeaks. Don't know if it would help this, but it's worth a try. There are pics here:

Honda should be embarrassed about the 700 exhaust system.

S

swampkid88

Dec 12, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
Yea they should be I also have a high pitch squeaking like metal on metal when I go on a rocky road and it’s almost like a deer whistle it’s not loud but it’s there super annoying I wonder if it is that exhaust clamp

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!