Laurel, MS
And your lift might be pulling it out as well is your adjustable

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
if your running anything other than stock shocks you need to run limiting straps. i i cant give you the measurement right now. but if you get the measurement from a stock honda shock. fully extended
this should help you from popping axles. 5 yrs on 27 executioners on 2.5 strongmade lift. stock axles still. and i do alot of off camber and 4 lock full steering lock

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
if your running anything other than stock shocks you need to run limiting straps. i i cant give you the measurement right now. but if you get the measurement from a stock honda shock. fully extended
this should help you from popping axles. 5 yrs on 27 executioners on 2.5 strongmade lift. stock axles still. and i do alot of off camber and 4 lock full steering lock

I haven’t had any issues since I swapped to the Commander shocks. I keep the shocks on the lowest setting about 2” of lift. 3 years now. No limit straps. I ride pretty hard too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
I haven’t had any issues since I swapped to the Commander shocks. I keep the shocks on the lowest setting about 2” of lift. 3 years now. No limit straps. I ride pretty hard too.

whats your full drop look like?

Last edited:
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Finished up the Commander swap for my 700-2 and my front axles bind at full droop. Searching for the simplest/cheapest fix... Axles, straps, etc...?
chain

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
sorry i just woke up lol. you can use chain that works for the bolt holes and on the ends of the shock to find out where you dont bind at then measure and buy the straps or just run the chain on the shock bolts. they make limiter straps but they sale them by the lengths

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
or if you have the stock shocks handy fully extended go 1.25-1.5 inches longer at the bolt holes. and you should be good. i have 5 inches of lift on stock shocks and my axles dont bind. but im only about 1.25-1.5 inches past full drop of stock shock cause the strongmade shock lift. full droop my axles dont bind and i have stock axles all the way around on my 2014

Reactions: KyleC and Backwoods
KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
or if you have the stock shocks handy fully extended go 1.25-1.5 inches longer at the bolt holes. and you should be good. i have 5 inches of lift on stock shocks and my axles dont bind. but im only about 1.25-1.5 inches past full drop of stock shock cause the strongmade shock lift. full droop my axles dont bind and i have stock axles all the way around on my 2014

Okay. I'm running the Commander conversion, which puts it at about 2" of lift, but the commander shocks definitely extend much more than the stocks at full droop. And, after a little inspection today, I noticed the passenger front has a split boot... May just take the opportunity to upgrade to Rhinos, and not worry about it any longer!

TonyRad

TonyRad

Nov 9, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Anyone have issues with front axles on. 700-4 I have a three inch lift and outlaw2 seems axles are o er extending and coming apart. Am I the only one?
i snapped one of my front axles with a 2.5" lift n 25" tires, put rhino axles all around n no problems. i wanted the 2.0 rhinos but they don't make it for our 700's

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Okay. I'm running the Commander conversion, which puts it at about 2" of lift, but the commander shocks definitely extend much more than the stocks at full droop. And, after a little inspection today, I noticed the passenger front has a split boot... May just take the opportunity to upgrade to Rhinos, and not worry about it any longer!
this is what i was worried about with people running this converison. 3 wheel equals too much. a chain limiter is a cheap upgrade.

scott

scott

Lifetime Member
May 16, 2014
lyman, South Carolina
I haven’t broken any axles on mine it’s a 14 so I’ve had it awhile. I did the commander shock swap so about 2.5” lift. lol just looked back over this and realized I responded awhile back lol

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4
I haven’t broken any axles on mine it’s a 14 so I’ve had it awhile. I did the commander shock swap so about 2.5” lift. lol just looked back over this and realized I responded awhile back lol

Well have broken severial with the can am shocks. But it was with dif lock and turned and the last was due to a folded tie rod so......and all of them while driving my grand mother to church on gravel roads !

Cyberjunk

Cyberjunk

Berserker
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 10, 2017
Crane Hill Alabama
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 700-4

Well have the same and have broke several. but with dif lock and turning. And the last was with a folded tie rod so that dont count kinda.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!