P700 700 pioneer 700-4

W

Wand23

May 31, 2020
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello,
I have a 2018 700-4 and was wondering if a 2014 top 3 pieces of the roll cage would directly fit? The only difference I see is obviously the part numbers, but it only the last 3 numbers.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Good question. Following.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

B

Bigseff23

Feb 9, 2020
Lakeland Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think the difference on the cage is the side bolster. In 2017 they changed to a different shape

H

HondaTech

The rear down tubes that the rear seat belt bolts to are different.

Honda changed the mounting of the seat belt pivots in 2017 I think.

The shoulder bars are part of the lower seat frame so that shouldn't matter. But I do believe Honda changed the way the nets mount when they added the shoulder bars and the center portion of the cage is part of that.

For reference Honda part numbers are broken down as such:

The first 5 identify the type of part (body, fuel, oil filter, spark plugs, wheels, etc) so it won't change between model years.

The 2nd set of 3 numbers is the model reference for which that part was first used. So any new part that was produced for a particular model will have that models code. If that part is later used in a different model then the entire part number wont change and will reflect the original model use.

HL1- Big Red
HL3- Pioneer 700
HL4- Pioneer 1000
HL5- Pioneer 500
HL6- Talon
HL7- Talon 4 seater

This applies to every honda product made, if you ever see a part number with a 3 digit number in the middle and no letters its a really old number since they used numbers back then.

The last 3 digits will reference a updated/superseded part or color code.

A00- Original part created
A01- Updated or superseded for whatever reason
A00ZB- Painted or colored part for which there are other options for that model. Pioneer/Talon body panels, etc.

Last edited:
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hello,
I have a 2018 700-4 and was wondering if a 2014 top 3 pieces of the roll cage would directly fit? The only difference I see is obviously the part numbers, but it only the last 3 numbers.
Are you the guy I sent here from FB?

W

Wand23

May 31, 2020
Iowa
Ownership

1. 700-4
The rear down tubes that the rear seat belt bolts to are different.

Honda changed the mounting of the seat belt pivots in 2017 I think.

The shoulder bars are part of the lower seat frame so that shouldn't matter. But I do believe Honda changed the way the nets mount when they added the shoulder bars and the center portion of the cage is part of that.

For reference Honda part numbers are broken down as such:

The first 5 identify the type of part (body, fuel, oil filter, spark plugs, wheels, etc) so it won't change between model years.

The 2nd set of 3 numbers is the model reference for which that part was first used. So any new part that was produced for a particular model will have that models code. If that part is later used in a different model then the entire part number wont change and will reflect the original model use.

HL1- Big Red
HL3- Pioneer 700
HL4- Pioneer 1000
HL5- Pioneer 500
HL6- Talon
HL7- Talon 4 seater

This applies to every honda product made, if you ever see a part number with a 3 digit number in the middle and no letters its a really old number since they used numbers back then.

The last 3 digits will reference a updated/superseded part or color code.

A00- Original part created
A01- Updated or superseded for whatever reason
A00ZB- Painted or colored part for which there are other options for that model. Pioneer/Talon body panels, etc.
Thanks for all the information. So I'm doubting since the 2014 top 3 pieces of roll cage are A00 and my 2018 calls for 600, and a40. I'm guessing your saying it won't work correct?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!