BOX1

P700 700 Radiator Change

D

dhayse32

Mar 25, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey everyone, long time viewer on here but finally signed up. I have a 2017 700-4 that needs a new radiator (stick). This is our farm machine so I was just going to have Honda do the swap, but the $570 price tag is insane to me (Radiator is $170). I can't imagine this being that difficult, but looking for any advice from someone that has removed/replaced one. Appreciate any help.

Reactions: swsebek
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's crazy.
Do it yourself. We can help you. I'll post some info later tonight.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey everyone, long time viewer on here but finally signed up. I have a 2017 700-4 that needs a new radiator (stick). This is our farm machine so I was just going to have Honda do the swap, but the $570 price tag is insane to me (Radiator is $170). I can't imagine this being that difficult, but looking for any advice from someone that has removed/replaced one. Appreciate any help.
If it is anything like the 1000, the service manual suggests removing the front fender for access.
I am not familiar enough with the 700 to make any recommendations.

Reading that you are on a farm, chances are you maintain your own equipment when needed?
The dealer is probably quoting you 5 hours labor to swap it out. Should be easily done in a day with common hand tools if you are mechanically inclined.
If you choose to swap it yourself. Do yourself a favor and buy a plastic rivet toolkit.
Something like these pliers will be a lifesaver.
https://www.amazon.com/GearWrench-41840D-Piece-Push-Pliers/dp/B0012S61AM/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Also order some spare plastic rivets when you order your rad. They are roughly $0.50 ea. But you will damage some.
I bought the cheap china assortment, but after destroying them trying to remove them once, I threw out the remainder and bought a bag of 25 from my dealer.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is the rad and plastic rivets from RMATVMC
Capture78

2 bottles of this from your local WalMart or parts store and you should be good to go.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Prestone...ormulated-For-Honda-Nissan-Vehicles/783828828

D

dhayse32

Mar 25, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks everyone. Yes, typically do my own maintenance on my other machines (Rhino and a POS Ranger). But with this being brand new (20 hours on it) and wrestling two kids, that it would be easier to let them do it...but I don't see any way this takes more than a few hours. Plus I have a lift so that should help things out.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone. Yes, typically do my own maintenance on my other machines (Rhino and a POS Ranger). But with this being brand new (20 hours on it) and wrestling two kids, that it would be easier to let them do it...but I don't see any way this takes more than a few hours. Plus I have a lift so that should help things out.
I don't think a lift will help much.
But if you can afford to have the machine down for a day or so, and you working on it will not harm production. It should be an easy fix. If you own a hoist, you probably have a decent toolbox and everything you need to do the job. Bleeding the air can be a pain on some machines.

Grabbing a service manual from helminc might be a good investment for you. Less than $70 shipped typically.

Reactions: Mudwing
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I suggest asking your local radiator repair shop to do the job. They can put a new core between your headers and do the whole job a lot cheaper than the honda dealer! It'll surprise you how cheap they will do it. And they'll appreciate your business!

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
843D69A0 86BF 4C25 BF27 6FF77E8ED81C 1D3D12C1 B618 4D0F B276 3AA31B14683F C840F07D 66EA 46B3 8A91 BA8121ABAA04 64DA4B8C 792D 41E3 8B44 CEEC5E5AAC7D
Looks pretty cut and dry. Drain the system, disconnect hoses, remove the fasteners and pull the rad. I’d look around online for prices better than the dealer. Have it shipped right to your door. Take it apart while you’re waiting and Bam you’re ready when it arrives. Probably talking four to six hours total. ;)

P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I replaced my cooling fan a while ago, not hard at all to free up the radiator. Be aware the bottom of the fan shroud is shaped like a J and the radiator sits on top of it.

My only advise, be careful with the rubber grommets that are around the anchor bolts during disassembly ... I lost one but I had spares.

S

SteveBC2013

Oct 26, 2018
BC
Ownership

1. 700-4
Long time watcher as well. Thanks for the information as I need to change out my fan that failed. Don't discount the dealer for parts though. Amazon had a fan for $175 CAD and the dealer was $125 CAD. Always check the dealer...even if for sh*ts and giggles. Found this with auto as well. Sometimes dealer is actually cheaper and better.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!