NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
6E89FFC8 47E0 48C6 A1EF 26DF5897436C
A moment to remember those that perished on 9/11, and to those called to duty in the years after to prevent it from happening again. I remember 9/11 unfolding as if yesterday. A treasured piece of history I keep on my desk to Never Forget. My company received a metal beam and made a memorial at a plant, and I was honored to receive this as a gift.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I remember.
Walked in to collage class and turned on the TV. The teacher was like WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
I said something bad has happened.
Shortly after, all classes were dismissed but we stayed and watched.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I always like reading the stories of where/what people were doing at the time they heard of the first attack. It's so ingrained in my memory that I can still recall every little nuance of that morning...

I was a senior in High School that year and we had apprentice programs, so I would go to a local votech school to work with an instructor that taught how to install/repair/replace networking systems (wiring/cabling/switches/routers etc). I remember being pissed that I had to go because it was before school and I had to wake up early. There were donuts that day, but they were the crappy little powdered ones in the bag. I grabbed a donut and sat down in the classroom with the other students, but the instructor never came in. About 5 minutes later he came in and said that a plane had hit one of the twin towers, and hooked up a TV so we could watch the news. I'll never forget watching as that second plane hit the south tower and we realized that it was an attack. They sent us home shortly after that.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Was driving in to work as an emergency manager for 3 nuclear power sites, listening to radio. When I got to work went to the Executives office to inform them we need to activate the Emergency Operations Center as a precaution as the second tower had been hit. They were not yet aware. When the Pentagon was hit, we staffed up. Was sent home around 2 pm to sleep a few hours before running the EOC night shift operations. Gas stations were lined up, and boy was it hard to go to sleep not knowing what else could happen.

Last edited:
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I remember like it was yesterday. I was in the Navy. The tugboats just pulled my ship away from the docks in Norfolk, Va. where I was stationed. The captain came over the 1MC and said that a plane just hit the tower. He said this is why we go underway all the time and do work ups, so when the real situation happens, we know exactly what to do, and we can do it safely, and not make a 'mistake' like flying a plane into a building. Shortly after his announcement the 2nd plane hit and he came back over the 1MC and said this was obviously not a mistake, it was an act of terrorism and that we can expect our little 3 week work up outing to turn into a 6 month deployment. It didnt turn into a 6 month deployment. We came back to port after 3 weeks out and a few months later we went on the 6 month deployment. As it turns out, 2 people that were previously assigned to my ship died that day. One was in one of the towers and another was at the pentagon. The one at the pentagon was our old Executive Officer. I bet everybody remembers exactly what they were doing that day.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was on my way to Chicago with 3 new custom trucks. I was in Indiana on I-65. I heard about it just as I was pulling in to get fuel at the Flying-J. I stayed there a couple of hours watching it on TV. I remember the shock and horror everyone had. They were also saying they may hit the Sears Tower in Chicago and to stay away from there. Eventually Chicago was cleared but my feelings are still remembered.

Hondoman

Hondoman

Fundamentals are the crutch for the talentless.
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was at a telephone convention. They cancelled all events except lunch, fed us and released everyone. I remember the long lines at the fuel pumps that afternoon as people were panicking.

The events that occurred that day still gives me chills.

Bigshow

Bigshow

Lifetime Member
Jul 11, 2019
Ohio
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I had just gotten in from the chiropractor and turned on the TV couple minutes after the 1st plane hit the towers. Glued to the set when the 2nd plane hit. At that point I knew we was under attack and using commercial airliners to do it. RED DAWN, went and grabbed an AR and my load bearing vest, threw a tape in the vcr and started recording. Went outside with binoculars and started looking for chutes. Sky was clear, went back to the TV. When the plane hit the pentagon, I went and found my dad and let him know what was happening. Stayed close to TV or radio all day. Have like 14hrs of the news on VHS from that day. Watch it every once in awhile, and plan to let my 3 year old watch it someday when he is older, so he understands. He can have eye witness account of 9-11 vs pictures and stories for me about Pearl Harbor.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!