A few new shots of the 1000X at Little Sahara

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Beautiful day, high 70's, blue skies and very few other people (since it was a Monday). Here are a few shots of the Talon in the sand.

20190610 142746

20190610 143735

20190610 143822

And, best for last, Mrs. Stellarpod

62347163 10217668222749632 6897219746500968448 n

Had a wonderful time here at Little Sahara, near Waynoka, OK (it's in the NW corner of the state). Can't wait to get it up into the Rockies for some trail riding.

Steve

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Were you able to get around OK without paddles?

Oh yeah, very few problems. I aired down to 9 psi and probably could/should have gone to 7 or 8. There were a couple of instances where it tried to dig in and bury, mostly on steep uphills where I made the mistake of stopping mid-climb. But, honestly it did fine. As others have mentioned, sand is the one place where more horsepower would certainly be appreciated. But, it was adequate for sure. And since we bought the machine to mostly trail ride, I'm tickled with the power. Not likely you'll see me chomping at the bit for turbos or any other power enhancements.

Steve

Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Great to see happy owners post. Took my bride for her first ride a couple weekends ago. Didn't think she would like it. A couple days later, she said "I can't wait to go again". So, we are going to the Upper Peninsula in the weekend of 21st of June with another group. Something about the Talon that brings out great smiles.... great pics, thanks for sharing.

Ezgoin

Ezgoin

Sep 11, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Ownership

1. Talon X
Beautiful day, high 70's, blue skies and very few other people (since it was a Monday). Here are a few shots of the Talon in the sand.

View attachment 135037

View attachment 135038
View attachment 135039

And, best for last, Mrs. Stellarpod

View attachment 135040

Had a wonderful time here at Little Sahara, near Waynoka, OK (it's in the NW corner of the state). Can't wait to get it up into the Rockies for some trail riding.

Steve
Great pics, looks like you guys were all smiles. I just took delivery of my Talon X and haven’t even driven it yet, but can’t wait! This weekend will be 2 days of non stop trail riding.
As for riding in sand, several years ago I had an XP 900 RZR that I used to take to the Oregon sand dunes. I think that RZR was rated at 88 hp and I never had sand paddles but was always able to travers pretty much anything there, and there are some very serious dunes there! I suspect the Talon, even with stock tires, would be able to climb pretty much anything your ego convinces you to try!!
My question would be, how does the i-4 wheel drive work in the sand!

stellarpod

stellarpod

Lifetime Member
Apr 18, 2019
OKC, OK - USA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Great pics, looks like you guys were all smiles. I just took delivery of my Talon X and haven’t even driven it yet, but can’t wait! This weekend will be 2 days of non stop trail riding.
As for riding in sand, several years ago I had an XP 900 RZR that I used to take to the Oregon sand dunes. I think that RZR was rated at 88 hp and I never had sand paddles but was always able to travers pretty much anything there, and there are some very serious dunes there! I suspect the Talon, even with stock tires, would be able to climb pretty much anything your ego convinces you to try!!
My question would be, how does the i-4 wheel drive work in the sand!

Ezgoin, the Talon does indeed have enough power to get you through just about anything. The only issue I've had at the dunes was creeping up over a precipice and getting high-centered on the top. And that has NOTHING to do with power and everything to do with driver error. Of course, the Talon cannot match a turbo RZR or CanAm as far as speed in the sand is concerned, but, that's not my bag anyway.

As for i-4Wheel drive; as we never really spun a tire or got it anything close to stuck (other than the above mentioned episode) I never really got a chance to assess it. But, I can tell you that on rocky climbs in the Rocky Mountains it has worked flawlessly for me.

Steve

PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
My BIL took me to the dunes here in Utah back before I had my Talon and I was hooked! One of the first things I got after I purchased my R were some paddles. Paddle tire make a huge difference, even some cheap ones make for a much better experience. I am not crazy so all I wanted was more floatation and to loosen up the rear end a little for carving so I got the 28 inch Quad Boss units (didn't want to rob any power with the 30"'s) on some STI HD9 beadlocks. TIres and Wheels all for $900 was more than worth it. Running 5 psi in front and 6 in the rear, they hook up pretty good (good enough for me anyway).

As far as i-4, I only use it when I need it. It is much more maneuverable/predictable in the sand in 2 Wheel (and a lot funner to drive). i-4 can make the machine drive funny on rough sand at higher speeds. However, at slower speeds in hilly terrain and climbing big dunes, i-4 is a necessity and works fantastic. It got me everywhere I wanted to go and the guy with the red one below went right up Sand Mountain (steepest hill climb here in Utah) with ease (I am not that gutsy, yet).

I rarely see other Talons but I was there on Sunday and found 2 more Talon R's to go play in the sand with. Needless to say, we had a blast!...

20190922 191727

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!