BOX1

P500 A new P500...this weekend!

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Hello...new friends. This coming Saturday I will likely pull the trigger on a new 2018 Pioneer 500. I’m excited about it. I bought a new 2016 Honda Rancher and the experience was magical. Salesman says he will sell me their last 2018 P5 for $8775 out-the-door. I’m thrilled to see the number of people on this site who seem enthusiastic about the P500. I’ve attached a photo of the very machine I plan to buy. Talk me out of it, guys!

2C3D2219 D29D 46EA A9D2 D441F6E78660

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
depending on the area, seems like an average price, the hondas are high here and they had them here for 7 to 8 plus tax and setup 5 or 600. many people were happy with them. i am pretty big guy and i sat in the one and the lack of storage and foot and head room is why i bought the 700. which was a let over while they had a open house was about 10

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Hello...new friends. This coming Saturday I will likely pull the trigger on a new 2018 Pioneer 500. I’m excited about it. I bought a new 2016 Honda Rancher and the experience was magical. Salesman says he will sell me their last 2018 P5 for $8775 out-the-door. I’m thrilled to see the number of people on this site who seem enthusiastic about the P500. I’ve attached a photo of the very machine I plan to buy. Talk me out of it, guys! View attachment 91414

Go get it and drive it like to stole it! You are correct, many folks really enjoy the P500 and for good reason, great, capable and solid platform.

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
You will appreciate when you can go where larger machines can't. I have ours a year now and no complaints. ENJOY!

Reactions: SouthwestORV
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great lakes State. And, congrats in advance of your purchase :cool:

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Enjoy, so many good mods and accessories ideas here. Great forum and the Search feature opens up years of experience from others. Reverse lever bypass is the easiest thing I wish I knew from day one. Many have had issues with the top battery/fuse panel cover bolt spinning causing much headache. Have the dealer make sure the cover can be removed or fix it before delivery. Looks like the nut was often overtightened pre-delivery.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
depending on the area, seems like an average price, the hondas are high here and they had them here for 7 to 8 plus tax and setup 5 or 600. many people were happy with them. i am pretty big guy and i sat in the one and the lack of storage and foot and head room is why i bought the 700. which was a let over while they had a open house was about 10
Thank you for the pointers. I will pay close attention to the foot/head room, as I plan to take my dad on rides.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
You will appreciate when you can go where larger machines can't. I have ours a year now and no complaints. ENJOY!
I tend to run in some pretty tight woodsy areas, or tight washes, plus want to stick in my GMC without trailer, etc.

Reactions: Gassygordo
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Enjoy, so many good mods and accessories ideas here. Great forum and the Search feature opens up years of experience from others. Reverse lever bypass is the easiest thing I wish I knew from day one. Many have had issues with the top battery/fuse panel cover bolt spinning causing much headache. Have the dealer make sure the cover can be removed or fix it before delivery. Looks like the nut was often overtightened pre-delivery.
Reverse lever bypass...talk to me...?

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats and welcome from Hilljackallachia, born and raised in WV, now in KY for 25 years, you will love the P500. I turned my Rancher over twice with one of my kids on it and finally decided we needed a roll bar(however they are in college now so mainly i wanted a backrest and enclosed cab for hunting). I wanted a Commander 1000 to go fast but where i ride it is mainly ATV width trails and the full size machines were just to big. For what i do i truly love the P500, its a Jeep CJ5 and not a Ford Raptor but this is exactly what i wanted.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reverse lever bypass...talk to me...?
One of our members @jay_man81 runs a youtube channel appalachian mountain riders. He did a top 5 tips and tricks on the 500. It is worth a watch for you.

I think it is this video. He may chime in with the correct one though.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I bought my '17 P5 in November of 2016. No regrets. If i were to start again, I'd ensure that any mod was as top quality and solid as the Honda platform is. That goes double for the wiring. Bring in one heavy guage positive wire to run any electronics. Keep things fused and connections robust. Don't cheap out on stuff. Cheap breaks. The P5 will take an amazing amount of punishment. Your mods should be the same.
My two cents

Last edited:
SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats and welcome from Hilljackallachia, born and raised in WV, now in KY for 25 years, you will love the P500. I turned my Rancher over twice with one of my kids on it and finally decided we needed a roll bar(however they are in college now so mainly i wanted a backrest and enclosed cab for hunting). I wanted a Commander 1000 to go fast but where i ride it is mainly ATV width trails and the full size machines were just to big. For what i do i truly love the P500, its a Jeep CJ5 and not a Ford Raptor but this is exactly what i wanted.
Thanks! First of all, I love the name of your town (if you're not BS-ing me). Second, I do worry about passenger safety - especially when others are driving - and the roll cage makes me feel better about it. It's funny you called it a Jeep! I made the same comparison, I decided I'll make it my own little low-range comfortable custom crawling "jeep" of sorts for getting out and back. My bosses let me use their '17 XP Turbos whenever I want to, and those are like the "trophy truck".

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
One of our members @jay_man81 runs a youtube channel appalachian mountain riders. He did a top 5 tips and tricks on the 500. It is worth a watch for you.

I think it is this video. He may chime in with the correct one though.

Oh good! I'm glad to see he's on here - a fellow "YouTuber". I've seen some of his videos already. I own the "Southwest ORV" YouTube channel.

SouthwestORV

SouthwestORV

Oct 24, 2018
Taylor, Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
I bought my '17 P5 in November of 2016. No regrets. If i were to start again, I'd ensure that any mod was as top quality and solid as the Honda platform is. That goes double for the wiring. Bring in one heavy guage positive wire to run any electronics. Keep things fused and connections robust. Don't cheap out on stuff. Cheap breaks. The P5 will take an amazing amount of punishment. Your mods should be the same.
My two cents
Thank you for those pointers! I will follow your advice. Problem is, I'm a total noob when it comes to electronics. I HATE electronic issues/gremlins. When I do get around to the LED lights, etc, I hope I can do it in such a way that it is robust and flawless, like you say.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!