jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon x4
These are three dealers I have identified which claim to sell the Talon X4 at $2,000+ below MSRP. [Brookhaven even currently has the R listed at $16,997 and the X (2 seat) at $16,297] on their website.

Abernathy's claims the X4 base model is OTD at $19,994 and Ramey replied to me on Facebook they at will be selling the base X4 at $19,400. The quote from Abernathy's is a written quote by email which states all fees included (less sales tax which I would cover back in my home state, Texas, after purchase).

Here is the rub. No local dealer will touch that pricing. I've called some dealers known for good pricing nearby in Oklahoma and Arkansas that claim to price match. When telling them about these other quotes they say things like, "well, they tack on fees during financing", or "they only keep upgraded models in the floor and tell you that even though they honor the base model price, they don't keep them assembled and you'll need to get a hotel to wait for assembly".

Do any of you all have experience with these specific dealers or others like them? I don't mind a long drive to buy the machine if I'm going to save a chunk of cash. I haul the machines over distances just to go riding, so it's no big deal. I can make it a trip to buy and go on a ride.

So what's the real deal? Is this a bait and switch, or are these other dealers just trying to scare me into spending more money at their place because they can't touch the pricing?

Reactions: JACKAL and sharp
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I live in south central Ky. I personally have no expierence with Abernathy's but many around here say they definitely have the best pricing on everything they sell. My local dealer hates them because they kick everybody's butt.

Reactions: jamesh
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I cant speak for the other two, but Abernathy's has a great reputation from consumers around us. They were my "bar" for pricing when I bought by 1000. Ultimately i found someone who who deal local close enough to make it not worth my drive, but I heard all kind of excuses as well.

One dealer suggested they were selling wrecked units that fell off a semi and were patched back together :rolleyes:

I think the best strategy is to say look, i can buy it for this, i dont wanna make that drive- how close can you get me? If its close enough, stay local, if not, plan a trip!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Gott im himmel. Mein ist frommen Abernathy’s

Reactions: sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
These are three dealers I have identified which claim to sell the Talon X4 at $2,000+ below MSRP. [Brookhaven even currently has the R listed at $16,997 and the X (2 seat) at $16,297] on their website.

Abernathy's claims the X4 base model is OTD at $19,994 and Ramey replied to me on Facebook they at will be selling the base X4 at $19,400. The quote from Abernathy's is a written quote by email which states all fees included (less sales tax which I would cover back in my home state, Texas, after purchase).

Here is the rub. No local dealer will touch that pricing. I've called some dealers known for good pricing nearby in Oklahoma and Arkansas that claim to price match. When telling them about these other quotes they say things like, "well, they tack on fees during financing", or "they only keep upgraded models in the floor and tell you that even though they honor the base model price, they don't keep them assembled and you'll need to get a hotel to wait for assembly".

Do any of you all have experience with these specific dealers or others like them? I don't mind a long drive to buy the machine if I'm going to save a chunk of cash. I haul the machines over distances just to go riding, so it's no big deal. I can make it a trip to buy and go on a ride.

So what's the real deal? Is this a bait and switch, or are these other dealers just trying to scare me into spending more money at their place because they can't touch the pricing?

i know someone who just bought from Ramey and he was quoted 17,200 for a base R that’s what he paid OTD.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
i know someone who just bought from Ramey and he was quoted 17,200 for a base R that’s what he paid OTD.
I bought local and paid way to much for a 16 P1-5, but they got me and out pretty quick on warranty repairs, 2 clutch replacements and all the recalls, If I would have had to drive hours, that would have been the pits and wait weeks for repairs, buggy sitting out in the rain, don't think I'll ever buy another first year of anything, I didn't realize 16 was the first year for the P1-5's. Honda was smart by bringing out the LE's with the i4WD system and doing some real testing before bringing out the Talon with i4WD system. Still on the fence on the i4WD system, time will tell? Took Honda three years to figure out the issues with the P1's, I'm in no hurry!

G

gtsum2

Apr 28, 2019
Moseley
I bought a rzr a few years back from abernathys and their quoted price was exactly what I paid when I arrived there. They do have a small local tax they add...it was like $40 or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
The quote from Abernathy's is a written quote by email which states all fees included (less sales tax which I would cover back in my home state, Texas, after purchase).
That works only if you’re paying cash.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I bought a rzr a few years back from abernathys and their quoted price was exactly what I paid when I arrived there. They do have a small local tax they add...it was like $40 or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Same thing with Brookhaven, it was $50.00

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I bought local and paid way to much for a 16 P1-5, but they got me and out pretty quick on warranty repairs, 2 clutch replacements and all the recalls, If I would have had to drive hours, that would have been the pits and wait weeks for repairs, buggy sitting out in the rain, don't think I'll ever buy another first year of anything, I didn't realize 16 was the first year for the P1-5's. Honda was smart by bringing out the LE's with the i4WD system and doing some real testing before bringing out the Talon with i4WD system. Still on the fence on the i4WD system, time will tell? Took Honda three years to figure out the issues with the P1's, I'm in no hurry!
I like my 16 Pioneer better than my 18.

H

HondaTech

The couple times I've had customers try to get the price match they come back saying they didn't have that particular model in stock or something similar.

I've also had a few of their units in for service and they have had some "issues" in set-up. The last P1K I had in from there had a seat full of water and the unit had obviously never been in that much water. Turns out their inventory sits outside and the rain had filled the seat. Honda wouldnt pay for it.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I live and buy in Mississippi you also have Honda of laurel that will be around same prices as rameys and Brookhaven sometimes better prices they tell me they don’t really make as much off the vehicle they make more off the add on stuff

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got mine from Abernathys. (2+hrs) away I also got a quote from Brookhaven(6+hrs) Took a picture of the quote and sent it to abernathys and they beat it. Everything they quoted was right on. They have the best price on warranty that covers everything. I also saw something about very low financing that they offer from a credit union down the street that they have a relationship with. They are the largest Polaris dealership in the world, their inventory literally looks like a Walmart parking lot.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

Dealt with Abernathy's multiple times, the price quoted is it no added fees, only taxes. Have picked up units, most recently a 2018 1000-5 Deluxe and OTD price was $13,794 no taxes or fees paid for with business check.

They are busy, they sell probably 30 units every day and on weekends more like 80. If you just show up unannounced you will likely wait 5 hours plus. Just go prepared with everything worked out and an appointment for delivery.

J

Jug

Nov 4, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X

Hi Jamesh,
Did you find a place to buy from? I'm also in the DFW area.

jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon x4
Hi Jamesh,
Did you find a place to buy from? I'm also in the DFW area.

Not yet. I'm waiting on the title for one of my P500s to arrive in the mail so I can finalize its sale. I'll start making the calls and negotiations then. I'm hoping I can get an Oklahoma dealer to price match, but I'll drive to one of these other dealers if I need to. I mean, we have to haul our rigs a couple hours minimum for most good riding places anyways, so its not a big deal to go one way with an empty trailer and come back loaded up. I called Jones to see if they price matched and they were non-committal. To be fair, I told them I wasn't ready to buy for several weeks and they had not quite gotten a model in yet either.

J

Jug

Nov 4, 2019
Texas
Ownership

1. Talon X
Not yet. I'm waiting on the title for one of my P500s to arrive in the mail so I can finalize its sale. I'll start making the calls and negotiations then. I'm hoping I can get an Oklahoma dealer to price match, but I'll drive to one of these other dealers if I need to. I mean, we have to haul our rigs a couple hours minimum for most good riding places anyways, so its not a big deal to go one way with an empty trailer and come back loaded up. I called Jones to see if they price matched and they were non-committal. To be fair, I told them I wasn't ready to buy for several weeks and they had not quite gotten a model in yet either.
OK, Thanks for the info.
We are going to look this weekend. It looks like Jones, Outdoor Powersports in Ardmore, Freedom in Farmers Branch and Wise Honda are some of the best prices we have found so far.

Reactions: sharp
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!