BOX1

P1000 Accessories

S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
When I bought my P500 everything you needed (except) steering wheel was an "add on", Honda's P K website shows no accessories. So what, Honda won't sell you a roof? What am I missing. Second question, will a P K-3 Dlx fit on a 10' trailer, I know the spec say 116.8", but if you have after market tires, rear bumper, etc will the extra 3.2" be enough room?

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When I bought my P500 everything you needed (except) steering wheel was an "add on", Honda's P K website shows no accessories. So what, Honda won't sell you a roof? What am I missing. Second question, will a P K-3 Dlx fit on a 10' trailer, I know the spec say 116.8", but if you have after market tires, rear bumper, etc will the extra 3.2" be enough room?

Is it an open trailer? I hauled my 1k3 a ton in a 10ft flat trailer with no issues.

20170921 123811

S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
I don't have the SxS or a trailer yet, trying to get info before buying, but to answer your question, the trailer I buy will have rails. I can't see all of your rig in the photo but looks like you have some room toward the tail gate end, is that correct?

Reactions: JenElio
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I don't have the SxS or a trailer yet, trying to get info before buying, but to answer your question, the trailer I buy will have rails. I can't see all of your rig in the photo but looks like you have some room toward the tail gate end, is that correct?
Yes you should fit just fine but I would suggest a 12 or 14ft trailer. The extra room sure comes in handy. I sold the trailer in the pic and got a 14ft aluma trailer. I wish I would have gotten one years ago.

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry for cutting in but I have to ask, you’ve been a member since 2014 and don’t have a SxS yet? What am I missing?

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
FWIW, when I got my SXS, I was going to save a few dollars and get the smallest trailer that would fit my machine. I heeded the salesman's advice and ended up getting a 6.5' x 12'. Can't thank him enough. I use that extra room for toolboxes, fuel cans, oil bottles, trailer jack, ice chests etc.

Reactions: JenElio and CID
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
FWIW, when I got my SXS, I was going to save a few dollars and get the smallest trailer that would fit my machine. I heeded the salesman's advice and ended up getting a 6.5' x 12'. Can't thank him enough. I use that extra room for toolboxes, fuel cans, oil bottles, trailer jack, ice chests etc.
This. If you have room to park it, 'just right' is too small. I was lucky enough to see a Talon on a 14' trailer and could see the advantages of 'some' extra room.

Last edited:
Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 14x7 and its perfect to set a truck box for fuel cans and extra gear plus the P1-5K. Even leaves a little room for a full size cooler between the pioneer and the rear gate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

S

sporter

Nov 4, 2014
Remington, Triple B - Yes I have a 2015 P-500. will be upgrading to a P 1K. Thanks for all the trailer question replies. Anyone able to 'splain the accessories situation?

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Remington, Triple B - Yes I have a 2015 P-500. will be upgrading to a P 1K. Thanks for all the trailer question replies. Anyone able to 'splain the accessories situation?
Hmmmm... That IS very strange. I just looked at Honda's website also and under "accessories" it has "0". When I bought mine in December of '16, all the accessories were listed. Maybe they're working on the website??? Dunno.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It is possible that they have a 0 listed cuz of the Chinese flu and can’t get them as easily as before so they are saving what they can get or have for dealers. I would talk to your dealer and try and make a deal with the accessories you want on the new buggy and see if he can get them.

Pilotadam

Pilotadam

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2019
Pell City, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am guessing part shortages. They are probably focused on keeping there production line with parts. I know we are struggling to keep the parts flow for the manufacturing plant I work at.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

R

rickoshea

Hmmmm... That IS very strange. I just looked at Honda's website also and under "accessories" it has "0". When I bought mine in December of '16, all the accessories were listed. Maybe they're working on the website??? Dunno.
the site got hacked a while back and the page was like that.maybe it was hacked again? i know i waited 2 weeks just to get brake pads cuz of it.right now i get the error message when i click on the parts/acc. page. as for trailer,go huge.lol.i got a 7x12 or something close to that,but i run tracks half the year and those suckers take up real estate on a trailer.plus it's nice to be able to stand on the side if you need to rummage for something while it's on it,especially if you're vertically challenged(i'm not).

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!