BOX1

P1000 Accessory power from backup alarm..

J

JTW

So, I asked this this question a few times but never got an solid answer... while looking over the wiring diagram, I see that the 1000 does have a backup alarm plug..
IMG 2986

That means this should work to add keyed accessory power, versus splicing or tapping into the accessory fuse. This is how I did it on the p500... not 100% the plug is the same.. but I'm guessing it is... Amazon.com: Honda 08Z08-HL5-A00 Pioneer 500 Accessory Sub Harness: Automotive

I've already wired mine using a posi-tap for keyed power or I'd try it myself..

Any thoughts?

J

JTW

I didn't..Just spliced into the wire behind the factory plug
Yeah.. I just don't like splicing. I ended up using a posi-tap and that seems fine (fuse taps wouldn't fit in my factory fuse box and allow the lid to close) BUT if you can use the backup alarm plug with the multiple pigtails just like I did in the p500.. then no splicing needed. Just plug it in.. find your wire for backup lights or use it for keyed accessory power. The little harness is only bucks.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah.. I just don't like splicing. I ended up using a posi-tap and that seems fine (fuse taps wouldn't fit in my factory fuse box and allow the lid to close) BUT if you can use the backup alarm plug with the multiple pigtails just like I did in the p500.. then no splicing needed. Just plug it in.. find your wire for backup lights or use it for keyed accessory power. The little harness is only bucks.
I don't normally either but I couldn't find the right size pins for the plug or the factory backup harness at the time..So said screw it..They work.

Reactions: Jshell3 and JTW
J

JTW

I don't normally either but I couldn't find the right size pins for the plug or the factory backup harness at the time..So said screw it..They work.
I haven't seen the p1000 plug/harness but I'm guessing they use the same one in all three machines

Reactions: GlockMeister
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I asked this this question a few times but never got an solid answer... while looking over the wiring diagram, I see that the 1000 does have a backup alarm plug..
View attachment 38193

That means this should work to add keyed accessory power, versus splicing or tapping into the accessory fuse. This is how I did it on the p500... not 100% the plug is the same.. but I'm guessing it is... Amazon.com: Honda 08Z08-HL5-A00 Pioneer 500 Accessory Sub Harness: Automotive

Any thoughts?

The backup plug is under the rear foot wells on the frame. Both grounds, it switches to the gray wire when in reverse( I think) I have the ground trigger on my PDM60 attached to it to turn my reverse light on.

Reactions: JTW
Jamesgang

Jamesgang

Jan 29, 2017
Kitzmiller, Maryland
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 38193

Any thoughts?
Won't that only work when in reverse?

J

JTW

The backup plug is under the rear foot wells on the frame. Both grounds, it switches to the gray wire when in reverse( I think) I have the ground trigger on my PDM60 attached to it to turn my reverse light on.
So the harness with the pigtails doesn't plug in under the hood like the p500?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nope it's (backup harness) under the the bed directly above the back of the engine/trans

Accessory harness plugs in at the accessory outlet.

J

JTW

Nope it's (backup harness) under the the bed directly above the back of the engine/trans

Accessory harness plugs in at the accessory outlet.
Got ya.. so basically it's a no go. That sucks!! I liked the way it worked out on the p5!

Reactions: CURTK
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Accessory harness for the 1000 will accomplish your goal, backup harness won't.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ohanscreek. It being negative switched is causing confusion.

The white/black wire for the reverse plug is a 12v positive. It runs straight to the 15a accessory fuse. So this would work for a key on power source.

The second wire (gray) is switched ground. It is funny and may even test as a false positive by completing the circuit.

*The black/white will work for positive key-on power.
*The second wire (gray), is ONLY grounded when in reverse.

Reactions: Deitzberg
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@ohanscreek. It being negative switched is causing confusion.

The white/black wire for the reverse plug is a 12v positive. It runs straight to the 15a accessory fuse. So this would work for a key on power source.

The second wire (gray) is switched ground. It is funny and may even test as a false positive by completing the circuit.

Correct.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Accessory SUB harness exists for the 500/700 not for 1000.

Splice it!

All you are doing is powering a relay to turn on power to your accessories right? That's what the Honda panel does.

It doesn't get power from that tiny wire, it just gets power to power the relay.

J

JTW

Accessory SUB harness exists for the 500/700 not for 1000.

Splice it!

All you are doing is powering a relay to turn on power to your accessories right? That's what the Honda panel does.

It doesn't get power from that tiny wire, it just gets power to power the relay.
Got ya..

That's the answer I was looking for..
so I'm surprised the 12volt accessory plug isn't heavier wire. Shame there isn't a subharness for the 1000...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!