Added a Talon to the stable

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
H2

My '20 HP1K-5D has treated me very well since I bought it six months or so ago. It does everything I ask it to do and I cannot think of anything it really needs other than perhaps a roof. It's primary duty is riding my dogs around (seriously), but I also use it a little around the ranch for things like hauling corn and firewood.

20200521 205621
20200521 203345

So I went to my local Honda/Kawasaki dealer to get a replacement CVT belt for my Teryx, and somehow that I've yet to figure out, a nicely accessorized Talon followed me home. The unit included $8,000 in accessories including front/rear bumpers, winch with synthetic rope, rock sliders, roof, glass windshield with wiper, rear window, Honda LED light bar, stereo with speakers, control arm guards, A-arm guards, storage bags, floor mats, and more. This was their flagship floor model used to demonstrate all of the accessories you can get, and I left with it for $22.5. I swore that I wasn't going to get a Talon until they made a real manual front locker available for them, but as soon as I sat in this beast, I knew it was coming home with me. It's like a hillbilly Ferrari. The adrenaline dump it gives me is better for pain relief than anything my doctor has, at least until you let off the throttle. I have absolutely no practical use for it, not like I can haul feed or hay with it. But I have my Pioneer and Kubota and John Deere for that stuff.
This is what I'm considering my mid-life crisis.
cbgrin.gif

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
View attachment 203831

My '20 HP1K-5D has treated me very well since I bought it six months or so ago. It does everything I ask it to do and I cannot think of anything it really needs other than perhaps a roof. It's primary duty is riding my dogs around (seriously), but I also use it a little around the ranch for things like hauling corn and firewood.

View attachment 203832
View attachment 203833

So I went to my local Honda/Kawasaki dealer to get a replacement CVT belt for my Teryx, and somehow that I've yet to figure out, a nicely accessorized Talon followed me home. The unit included $8,000 in accessories including front/rear bumpers, winch with synthetic rope, rock sliders, roof, glass windshield with wiper, rear window, Honda LED light bar, stereo with speakers, control arm guards, A-arm guards, storage bags, floor mats, and more. This was their flagship floor model used to demonstrate all of the accessories you can get, and I left with it for $22.5. I swore that I wasn't going to get a Talon until they made a real manual front locker available for them, but as soon as I sat in this beast, I knew it was coming home with me. It's like a hillbilly Ferrari. The adrenaline dump it gives me is better for pain relief than anything my doctor has, at least until you let off the throttle. I have absolutely no practical use for it, not like I can haul feed or hay with it. But I have my Pioneer and Kubota and John Deere for that stuff.
cbgrin.gif
Way better than a Harley. Lol

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Congrats on the addition to the family :cool:

Reactions: Isaiah and 906UP
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 203831

View attachment 203832
View attachment 203833

cbgrin.gif

Congrats buddy you only live once!

Reactions: Isaiah and sharp
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
View attachment 203831

View attachment 203832
View attachment 203833

cbgrin.gif

I have the same problem, no practical use for one but would enjoy it due to the lack of cash none have followed me home 😀
20 years ago when we got married we both agreed we would never make payments on toys and we haven't yet and a Talon falls into the toy category but I am saving up for one. 😀

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the same problem, no practical use for one but would enjoy it due to the lack of cash none have followed me home 😀
20 years ago when we got married we both agreed we would never make payments on toys and we haven't yet and a Talon falls into the toy category but I am saving up for one. 😀
58- 5 grown kids and 12+ 1 grandkids. Toys are cheaper than grandkids.

MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
Just an update, I sold my Talon. Due to low dealer stock, I sold it for exactly what I paid for it. It was an amazing machine in so many ways, but two things lead me to sell it. The bed just isn't large enough for me, and the i4WD let me down the one time I really needed it to work. I went to trade it in and the dealer told me that I should try selling it instead as it is a seller's market and he was right.
I still have my P1K5D with no intentions of selling.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Just an update, I sold my Talon. Due to low dealer stock, I sold it for exactly what I paid for it. It was an amazing machine in so many ways, but two things lead me to sell it. The bed just isn't large enough for me, and the i4WD let me down the one time I really needed it to work. I went to trade it in and the dealer told me that I should try selling it instead as it is a seller's market and he was right.
I still have my P1K5D with no intentions of selling.

Can you share how the I4wd “let you down”?

Curiosity killed the cat.

Reactions: CID and TimG
MontanaBighorn

MontanaBighorn

May 9, 2016
Billings, MT
CarryGuide.com
Can you share how the I4wd “let you down”?
I don't want to criticize such an otherwise amazing machine. I loved my Talon in every environment but rocks. But in this case, the lack of locking made the difference in driving out, and having to winch out. My fully locked Pioneer has gone through the same place many times.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!