BOX1

P700 Adding Manual Shift

C

CFECO

Aug 1, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’m buying a 2018 P700 tomorrow, $8k out the door with 2500 miles, one owner and service records. It’s not the deluxe model so has no paddle shifters, is there a way to add a switch or lever to control the trans manually? We’ll be using it for pulling our road drag, and climbing the mountain trails on our ranch, and I don’t want it shifting unexpectedly.

K

KeithinLouisiana

Oct 6, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
To the best of my knowledge you can’t add this feature. I bought a 2020 700-2 deluxe a few months ago so I have this feature. While the bad news is I don’t think you can add it aftermarket, the really good news is the transmission is great. It’s very predictable and I doubt I’ll really use the paddle shifters much. Hope you enjoy it. The P700 is definitely under appreciated by many.

H

HondaTech

You'd need a wiring harness and the paddles at the least, maybe even an ECM.

I haven't really ever looked at the difference between the Deluxe model. But the wiring harness doesn't have the paddle s*** connectors on the base model.

Reactions: Farmer
C

CFECO

Aug 1, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
To the best of my knowledge you can’t add this feature. I bought a 2020 700-2 deluxe a few months ago so I have this feature. While the bad news is I don’t think you can add it aftermarket, the really good news is the transmission is great. It’s very predictable and I doubt I’ll really use the paddle shifters much. Hope you enjoy it. The P700 is definitely under appreciated by many.
Thanks! Do the paddles just control electric switches, which do the shifting electrically? I should be going to get mine tomorrow, so the adventure begins...

K

KeithinLouisiana

Oct 6, 2019
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I can’t really tell you how the paddles work. Hondatech comment above is probably accurate in that if you could find a way to wire switches you would probably need a new Engine Control Module. Could run some $$.

Reactions: CFECO
B

Baldeagle

Sep 16, 2017
AB
I’m buying a 2018 P700 tomorrow, $8k out the door with 2500 miles, one owner and service records. It’s not the deluxe model so has no paddle shifters, is there a way to add a switch or lever to control the trans manually? We’ll be using it for pulling our road drag, and climbing the mountain trails on our ranch, and I don’t want it shifting unexpectedly.

I would not worry about manual shift. They know when they need to shift and do it very well. Use mine in some awfully tough terrain and conditions. Don’t need or want to use manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I suspect to "convert" it over will be far more challenging and expensive than expected. Hence, I think you would be far better off driving the unit for a year, sell it and get something you "really" want with paddle shifters (700 or a used 1000).

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
After tracking down the proper harness and ecm, I wonder if the trans would have everything inside that it needs to receive from the paddles. Yeah, I'd give her some time and try it out doing your chores and if it's not doing what you need then trade it for one with paddles. Odds are, it won't be as bad as you think. :)

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!